EBBR Update

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
tommeke84

EBBR Update

Post by tommeke84 »

There are new screenshots of the DHL buildings, available on my website:
http://users.pandora.be/thomasbogaert/ebbr/

Thomas

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Stunning like usual, simwings will have to do a lot of work before their new EBBR payware scenery can beat yours ;)

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

Are they also making an EBBR scenery??

Thomas

sab319

Post by sab319 »

Next sceneries: Zürich and Brussels

"Hi,

as some of you may know: One of the next releases of Sim-wings after Paris CDG and Toulouse will be Zürich Kloten airport. We made an arrangement with Fly-tampa about this issue to avoid a double development of Zürich. The release will be "summer 2005". Zürich will be made by myself. Any help and insider information is highly welcome.

Brussels: Brussels will also be one of our next releases. Due to the poor weather we couldnt take photos this winter but now everything is in progress. Brussels will be made by Cornel Grigoriu and any help and insider information is also very welcome. Release will also be summer 2005".

Thorsten Loth
as on the simwings forum, but don't let it stop you from making yours...

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

:( :( Damn, this is really demotivating. If they get airside-access, their models and textures will be much better then. Their release is set to be summer 2005, but our scenery will only be released in september/october.

Thomas

TUB001

Post by TUB001 »

Hallo Tommeke,

Just concentrate on what you are doing.
Your job looks fantastic and we all believe in this project.

Your scenery will (and is) just exceptional.
Keep up the good work and don't get demotivated :wink:

Btw, congrats again for the DHL buildings !

Kind regards,

Pierre.

Lamal

Post by Lamal »

I think you don't have any reason to fear simwings, it should be turned around. They should fear you. Because if I can chose between a very good freeware and a payware with comparable quality, I chose for the freeware.
BTW very nice buildings. :thumbsup2:

Lamal :wink:

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

I am a fan of good freeware scenery so there will certainly be 1 person who will use your scenery.

Looks oustanding already 8)

sab319

Post by sab319 »

If it's a help, air Belgium va will recommend your scenery for EBBR...

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

It looks like they are very impressed by our freeware project. They cancelled the Simwings scenery of EBBR, 'due to the upcoming freeware scenery'.

you can read it for yourself on http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.p ... 421#220421

Thank you all for your support, we'll certainly finish our project with a big smile on our faces :D .

Thomas

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Keep on the good work tommeke!

I'm very impressed for someone who's about my age u'r showing fantastic determination in wanting to create a whole airport!

Can't wait to get my hands on it but in the meantime i'm still not bored of Robert buyssen's EBBR so will not get too impatient I think!

Thanks to both of you for enabling me and others to use our own national airport!

Vincent

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

Thanks,

Luckily, I'm not alone in realising this project. I started on my own, but some very nice people joined the team since I published my website. Robert is one of them, but also Vital Vanbeginne and Filip Jonckers (IVAO)

All the buildings are almost finished. Then we will start with the ground textures. The release is still set for this summer (aug-sep).

And there is more good news: EBBR will not be the only project. We already have plans to create another Belgian airport for FS.

Thomas

sab319

Post by sab319 »

Is the other belgian airport EBLG perhaps??

Considering they don't have a really good scenery, especially not with the new terminal...

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

EBLG is on the list, but it is not the next airport.

Thomas

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

U'r welcome Tommeke it's me and the whole Belgian Flight sim community that should thank you and your associates!

My next best guess would probably be either Charleroi or Ostend for your next project! I assume that U want to carry on creating big projects such as the one you are currently undertaking.

In the meantime wish the very best of luck once again!

ps: Although I find it very good to be up to date, I'm kind of thinking about the future and just thinking that since dhl will be pretty much gone in the near future, is it worthwile to make such a detailed dhl building?

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

The scenery project is a 'snapshot' of EBBR as it is today. I wouldn't be satisfied myself if not every building would be detailed enough and I think a lot of people would agree with me.

If anything should change in the future (only big changes), I will certainly update the scenery.

Thomas

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Thanks for the update on your project. As many others, I can't wait to fly around EBBR.

The current scenery of Robert Buysen is good of course, but it lacks that 'touch' of FS2004 and it appears to be a bit too heavy every now and then.

Do you know if your scenery will be compliant with the general 'Belgium' scenery available on eg Avsim?

Good luck with this project!

Greetings,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr

tommeke84

Post by tommeke84 »

@Apuneger:
Do you mean het BELG7000 scenery?
Well as we don't have anything of the ground textures yet, we can't say if it is compatible with this scenery. But we will try to do our best to make it fully compatible with other surrounding sceneries.

@Vinnie-Winnie
Keep on gessing :P :P
Personally I like big projects, because then I can do a lot of different buildings and we can do more research. Another advantage of larger airports is that there are more pictures available on the internet (like airliners.net or the spottersdatabase) so we don't have to go to the airport every time we are missing some crucial pictures.

Thomas

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

I guess it´s Antwerp.

If not it´s Charleroi.

I really look forward to your Brussels scenery. Since there are rumors that the C pier will be demolished soon, will it too be demolished in your scenery?(I certainly want it to be gone if it´s in real world gone too by August) (or maybe have it as an option switched on or off)

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

tommeke84 wrote:@Apuneger:
Do you mean het BELG7000 scenery?
Well as we don't have anything of the ground textures yet, we can't say if it is compatible with this scenery. But we will try to do our best to make it fully compatible with other surrounding sceneries.

Thomas
Yup, exactly. Thanks for the efforts! Good luck with the project!

Greets,
Ivan
It's not good when it's done, it's done when it's good...
---
Facebook | Twitter | Flickr