Didn't expect to do a Sobelair-charter today !

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
luchtzak

Didn't expect to do a Sobelair-charter today !

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

this morning I woke up at 04.50 :dammit: to go to work for an up-and-down Brussels-Helsinki-Brussels on the RJ. Surprisingly at 05.45 the operations telephoned me in my car saying if I wanted to do an Alicante-charter for Sobelair on the A319 (OO-SSK) since the purser on that flight wasn't released on the A319... I said yes, asked the take-off time. It was scheduled to leave at 06.00 !! They really didn't have anyone else...

So I parked my car just in the Corporate Village Building-parking (normally we must park somewhere else far far away...), took the normal 2 busses to the aircraft to find out that passengers and crew where waiting for me! Now 45 minutes late due to slot restriction we finally left for Alicante (Benidorm is in the neighbourhood :dammit: )

Strange for me to do a Sobelair charter, normally they schedule you for that at the end of each month. I could come early to the crewroom. Read all the briefings, inform other cabin crew etc.... Now after take-off I read that a Maes (yes Comet!!) was 1.50 € (and Stella), wine for 2.50 €, Hoegaarden (1.70 €) and champagne for 7.50 € (expensive).

We had to serve 2 times breakfast which was easy-going on an Airbus 319 with 3 cabin attendants (thanks to the other 2 of course ;-) )! Routing via Paris, west from Barcelone over Valencia. Return about the same way!

I only welcomed and good-byed happy passengers. Something else than those bloody business-passengers (not you André ;-) ) who look bad when you have 30 minute delays!

I also had the opportunity to eat the nice Sobelair crewmeals, fruit, sanwiches etc... (thank you Sobelair) and took some pictures of it (coming soon)

Well I arrived one hour earlier than coming from Helsinki and once again a nice experience as my 3th and 4th flight on the Airbus 319, this time OO-SSK was my air-bus ;-)

ciao,

Bart
:rock:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

What was the nickname of SSK again? ;-)

And how did the passengers look at a man in SN BA uniform on an SLR plane? :-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

In your welcome-speech you say:"This flight is operated by an A319 of SN Brussels Airlines"

ciao,

Bart

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

pictures online !! :dance:

Airlinemeals: https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?name=Airlinemeals

Crewmeals: also there

Some A319-pictures:
https://www.aviation24.be/modules.php?op=m ... gall&gid=2

ciao,

Bart

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice report Bart and very nie pictures :wink:

Those lucky Sobelair pax, who paid cheap for their ticket and were able to travel on such a nice A319. :!:

Ciao
Chris
8)

OO-SBZ

Post by OO-SBZ »

Avro wrote:Nice report Bart and very nie pictures :wink:

Those lucky Sobelair pax, who paid cheap for their ticket and were able to travel on such a nice A319. :!:

Ciao
Chris
8)
Indeed Chris. Good deal for them!
That reminds me of a time when on a Sabena flight from Brussels to HEL... I found myself in a 'hem... hem...' shabby Sobelair 737-400 with its nice, generous legroom :?

GreetZZZZZZZ

beco

Luchtzak, you are a star

Post by beco »

Luchtzak, those Jetair passengers paid a special extra fee for pursor Luchtzak on their flight. Haven't you read the Jetair book ?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

OO-SBZ wrote:That reminds me of a time when on a Sabena flight from Brussels to HEL... I found myself in a 'hem... hem...' shabby Sobelair 737-400 with its nice, generous legroom :?
I remember the same adventure (!) on a Sabena flight from FRA to BRU. Luckily, it was shorter than yours, OO-SBZ.
Last edited by sn26567 on 09 Aug 2003, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

It is amazing to see that Sobelair passengers get a cold plate on a CHARTER flight to Spain (Alicante) while SN Brussels serves it's passengers a sandwich on a scheduled flight to MAD/BCN.

Shouldn't the opposite have to be true?

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Sabena_690 :

Maybe, but I was happy with my cold plate on my flight to Malaga :lol:

I've never flew Sn Ba before, but I hope I will in the near future! With the A319 or something :wink:

on the site of Qaps.nl you can see that the OO-DWK is allmost in the new colors. A week ago I also saw the OO-DWD on the site. But he is gone now. :?

About the meal again, I think it's the choice of the Airline ...

Bart : nice photos. I want more of those :lol:

Regards,

Rutger (67 posts :lol: )

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Rutger: a cold plate to Malaga is of course nice for a charter airline, but is a sandwich to Madrid also nice for a full service airline?

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

BIVA wrote:About the meal again, I think it's the choice of the Airline ...
I think that a meal in a charter is the choice of the tour operator... (JetAir in this case?)
André
ex Sabena #26567

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Hi guys,

For a better meal service on the flights to MAD/BCN
you have to choose for IBERIA.There you get a cold plate and when i had
a evening flight from BRU to BCN was it a warm plate.
Service from Iberia is very good :thumbsup:

Greetings

Airbuske

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airbuske wrote:When I had an evening flight from BRU to BCN was it a warm plate. Service from Iberia is very good
Indeed, 2 or 3 years ago, when I had the choice between Sabena flights operated by codeshare partner Virgin Express and Iberia flights, I always chose the second. And because of the VEX competition, you had axcellent service at very interesting prices! :lol:
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Guys,

SN Brussels Airlines will upgrade it's 1h30 and longer flights in economy-class soon I believe! At this moment there is a lot of work for us in economy, normally only 1 cabin attendant has to work in economy meaning:

- distributing connect magazine
- welcome drink (orange juice + water)
- distributing face-towels
- service: sandwich + drink (sometimes coffee right-away, sometimes coffee-service afterwards (+1h30 flight)
- removal of the waste
- chocolates

The purser comes to help as well if he has finished in business-class but sure this are too much handling for 1 steward(ess). Therefor they are looking for a plate with food on ....

Let's see for the future! I will make pictures ;-)

ciao,

Bart