What Is Your Favourite Food

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Comet

What Is Your Favourite Food

Post by Comet »

We've had favourite beer, so what is your favourite food? I like seafood, chips, chicken, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and English.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I like my wife's food, whatever she cooks (French, Polish, Chinese, Indian, seafood, ...). It's de-li-ci-ous.

Together with my wine cellar, it's the best restaurant in town. :)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

André,

I hope you'll invite us one day, so we can taste your wife's delicious cooking. :wink:

Chris
8)

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:Together with my wine cellar, it's the best restaurant in town. :)
You have a good wine cellar - you want to see my beer cupboard at Christmas!!! Best selection of beers in Scarborough!
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:You have a good wine cellar - you want to see my beer cupboard at Christmas!!! Best selection of beers in Scarborough!
I lived in France from 1993 to 1998. I left Belgium with 75 bottles of wine in the lorry and came back with 300. I tried to keep the last level constant ever since...

How many beers do you keep, Comet? I also have a nice selection of beers in my cellar, but they do not last long :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

Beers - allowing for the poor availability of proper beer in my area, I have a beer buying trip to York or Knaresborough. Sometimes I can end up with around 40 bottles at Christmas (not bad considering I have to carry it all back on the train!!) and that's just the Belgian ones, I drink them in moderation and they can last around three or four months!! On my first visit to Belgium I had baggage space for two bottles, a very hard choice when you're faced with hundreds to choose from, but I imported some Westvleteren 12 and some Chimay Tripel (white top). If I can this year I plan to import some Sloeber and some Rochefort 6 (unavailable in Yorkshire). I also enjoy wine, but I am no expert so I keep quiet about it!!
Louise

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

i know a good restaurant to, you pay less there and you get more. My favorite food is (in flemisch) "biefstukfriet" mmm, i get hungry again.

Greetingzz
Sonny

Comet

Post by Comet »

Is that beef-steak and chips (fries)?
Louise

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Comet wrote:Is that beef-steak and chips (fries)?
Yes.

Greetingzz
Sonny

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Comet wrote:I imported some Westvleteren 12 and some Chimay Tripel (white top). If I can this year I plan to import some Sloeber and some Rochefort 6 (unavailable in Yorkshire).
Westvleteren 12? Mmmh, so you visited the trappist abbey? Westvleteren is only available at the abbey. Also something strange, Rochefort 10 is stronger than Westvleteren 12.

Rochefort 6? Most people go for 8 or 10. But 6 is a reasonable choice for ladies... :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

I eat everything so André, if you want to arrange a meeting in your house with your wife cooking, go ahead ;)

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Comet

Post by Comet »

sn26567 wrote:
Comet wrote:I imported some Westvleteren 12 and some Chimay Tripel (white top). If I can this year I plan to import some Sloeber and some Rochefort 6 (unavailable in Yorkshire).
Westvleteren 12? Mmmh, so you visited the trappist abbey? Westvleteren is only available at the abbey. Also something strange, Rochefort 10 is stronger than Westvleteren 12.

Rochefort 6? Most people go for 8 or 10. But 6 is a reasonable choice for ladies... :wink:
No Andre, I've never been near Westvleteren Abbey, I came across the beer in Bier Tempel shop in Brussels!! Quite a nice beer from what I remember. Rochefort 10, from what I know, is Belgium's second strongest beer at 11.3%, second to Bush at 12% (Bush is one of my favourites, so I do like the strong stuff!!) Rochefort 6 is the only one of the Rochefort brand that I've never tried, I love 8 and 10, and I collect bottle tops, so I must have the 6 :D
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sabena_690 wrote:if you want to arrange a meeting in your house with your wife cooking, go ahead ;)
For a spotters meeting, you will need strong binoculars, because planes are already high in the sky when they fly over my garden.

For just a dinner, if the price is right, I won't say no :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

All this talk of food is making me hungry, it's not long after 9am here, and already I'm thinking about dinner (Yorkshire sausage and oven roasted potatoes).
Louise

BBKing

Post by BBKing »

I prefer Italian food and wine ....