When are the new stats for BRU 2004 available!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

SAA-SAL

When are the new stats for BRU 2004 available!

Post by SAA-SAL »

Hi there everyone!

Am I the only one this impatient for the official pax, cargo and movement stats for Brussels for the past year? They haven't updated the monthly stats since October.

Does any insider know when they are due?

From what I reckon seeing the frst 9 months of the year total movements will be down (they have been down every year since 2000!). Pax will be slightly up (I reckon between 300000 and 500000) which really is a slow recovery from the SABENA years. It will take atleast another 5 , maybe 10 years for BRU to recover this loss.
Cargo is faring very well. 2004 will probably be the second best year in it's history with total tonnage up by between 60000 and 90000. But , in a couple of years DHL will decrease it's activities here. There always is something wrong here at BRU :cry:

P.S. don't flame me for these figures, I'm just speculating from the figures up to and including the month of September.

Let's all hope 2005 is a good year for the airport.
Current rumors and certainties include : Iranair, Ethiopian, Etihad, Air Wales, SN to GLA, Eilat, Air Canada in 2006.

Happy new year to all

luchtzak

Re: When are the new stats for BRU 2004 available!

Post by luchtzak »

SAA-SAL wrote:SN to GLA
Where did you hear that info?

blackhawk

Re: When are the new stats for BRU 2004 available!

Post by blackhawk »

luchtzak wrote:
SAA-SAL wrote:SN to GLA
Where did you hear that info?
http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... 1892237/6/

SAA-SAL

Post by SAA-SAL »

Actually I heard that from a friend who's First Officer on BAE146/Avro RJ at SN. There have been many rumours lately about SN serving GLA but for the time being they are only rumours.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

What I read at airliners.net : "The chance of SN starting GLA is very good. There has been quite a positive dialogue. No idea of schedule etc, but will post more when I hear later in the week."

Bit it's still a rumour.
Let's wait and see

Greetings,

Airbuske :)

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

For the statistics: what i remember from last year is that indeed BIAC has the bad habbit of sometimes not updating it's statistics. They update it less just before the half year statistics are released, and also before the year statistics are released. So in some time (can take a while though...) you will probably suddenly just see the year statistics. And then it's time to dive into them :P

Seems indeed a slow year for BRU, but as i see it, it still needed some time to get it's act together and turn around from the decline (after the initial bounce back after 2002). I expect quite much from 2005 if all those long haul lines will come to BRU. I do say IF... (and if they stay).

Greets,

Pieter

Flybe

Post by Flybe »

A new site to keep your eye on: http://www.macquarie.com.au/au/map/index.html

In the "asset portfolio", they recently also made a topic about BRU. For now, if you click the links, it still gives an error. They are probably still preparing it all, but it seems interesting for sure! Don't forget to look bakc from time to time to that site!

Greets,

Pieter