Somebody interested in autosport

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
beco

Somebody interested in autosport

Post by beco »

Hi,

Aircraft is all about speed. One of my other speedy passions is autoracing. I like formula1. My favourite driver is Juan Pablo Montoya. I wanted the know your favourite driver and or racing team.

But my all time favourite driver is Ayrton Senna. The best driver ever.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol:

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Ayrton Senna was indeed a very very good driver....

These days: technically speaken, Michael Shumacher rules.

The new Shumacher, Ralf, also has his qualities I find.

Montoya is a good driver, as is Barrichello.

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Don't forget our national Thierry Boutsen. He was about as much "Le Professeur" as Alain Prost, who made the mistake to convert himself from a pilot to a constructor.
André
ex Sabena #26567

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

MICHAEL SHUMACHER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a very big fan of Michael!!
I have 2 t-shirts of him one big flag and another big flag of Ferrari :D

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

beco will be delighted: the GP of Belgium will be back in Francorchamps in 2004. :D Bernie Ecclestone announced it to Walloon Minister Kubla in Hockenheim today. The GP of Canada in Montreal could be the victim of the return. :(
André
ex Sabena #26567

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

My favourites are WilliamsF1 with Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya :D :twisted: :D They rule !! :twisted:

It's great to know our national GP will be back. but the price to pay (Montreal) is really sad too. (mixed feelings)
Let's see it'll probably change again anyway :evil: :twisted:

Tristar

beco

Belgian Grand Prix

Post by beco »

It's good news that the Belgian GP is back on the calendar. But it will be an expensive thing to get it back on the calendar. Thanks, to a corrupt political leader in Flanders (SPa) who took the initiative for a stupid tobacco law we lost it. Now, we get it back but for how long and at what price.

If you are a real F1-fan, I would advice you to read the Book 'Bernie's miljoenenrace' (in Dutch). It is a very interesting book for those who are interested in the commercial running of F1.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It is now confirmed that the GP of Canada is withdrawn from the calendar for 2004. For the same reasons as the GP of Belgium in 2003: no possibility to advertise tobacco, thus lack of financial resources. Belgium solved the problem, Canada introduced it!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Hi,

Mika Hakkinen or something. He was a good driver. Now Montoya.

Not Shumacher, it's to boring with him (Sorry Shumacher lovers :roll: )

Regards,

Rutger

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Hi,

Mika Hakkinen or something. He was a good driver. Now Montoya.

Not Shumacher, it's to boring with him (Sorry Shumacher lovers :roll: )

Regards,

Rutger

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

I love motorsport in most forms but find, today, that Formula 1 is the most boring racing ever - if it wasn't for the pitstop we would have the longest procession ever.

My current favourite is Superbikes ( both World and British). The closeness of most races is amazing , with up to 5 riders in contention on the last lap, with overtaking throughout the races - just incredibly exciting racing.

If you are only into 4 wheels then there are loads more exciting formulas than Formula 1. Just take a trip to Zolder or Spa to see real wheel to wheel racing without all the hype that surrounds F1 - and you can often get to meet the drivers in the pits etc.

Meerkat

beco

Montoya is going for the championship

Post by beco »

As you can see, my avatar is the helmet of Juan Pablo Montoya, currently the most exiciting racing driver in the formula 1 circus.

Finally, we have somebody who can get championship on a corect way and without the help of team mate, isn't it Michael?

Sorry, for the Schumi fans, but for me Schumi is not a great champ.

Ayrton Senna da Silva is the best and would have won the chamionships of 1994 and 1995.