Color mix of Fly Air planes

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Skystef

Color mix of Fly Air planes

Post by Skystef »

Yesterday (July 26), we had all 3 A300's of Fly Air on visit to BRU.
I must say, its an "interesting"company with dito planes.

tc-flf
tc-fle
tc-fla

Hopefully we'll see those birds again soon.

SkyStef 8O

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Very interesting, thanks for posting!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

I suppose they'll probably come back next saturday, bringing the tourists back from there holiday. Well, I hope so because I've never seen a Fly Air plane in real :?

Man, TC-FLA is in really bad conditions. Have you seen the paint falling of everywhere :?:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/383942/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/382160/L/

Have you seen that. 8O

Ciao
Chris :wink:

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Who want to fly in this aircraft? If the outside is bad, how will the inside be and the state of the avionics? It is a shame!

Greetz,

Dave

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

liebensd wrote:Who want to fly in this aircraft? If the outside is bad, how will the inside be and the state of the avionics?
Have you ever seen the crowd at the small travel agencies in Schaerbeek selling cheap fares to Turkish residents in Belgium wanting to fly back to their country?

No surprise they need wide-bodies from cheap airlines :?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

Apparently there is a fourth A300 "flying for Fly".
tc-flg
Will be here on July 31, unfortunately etd at 0500 o' clock in morning, but for the real spotter no problem i think :wink: .
Will probably land the evening of July 30 as FLM467.

On other hand we should also see tc-flb with etd of 1845 to BJV.

SkyStef

Glider

Post by Glider »

Can somebody post me the history of these planes? Previous owner, especially regs, etc :?:

Indeed, a fourth A300 joined the fleet. For some, great news, for others... Today at work, I was to happy to see that I had to unload 2 FLY A300 (TC-FLF & TC-FLG - both ex JAS - I have some pics), and load one for departure (TC-FLF). But my happiness changed very quickly...
How old are these planes? What did the Japs do with them? Inside, in the cargohold, these planes are quite... euhm... dirty, old, etc. Nothing works properly. Pushing the containers at the right spot was the hardest work I did the last month. I didn't like the loading of these aircrafts (also because Turkish people take so much with them, and apparently there's no luggage limit - I had bags over 40kg :? , but this is something which has nothing to do with these aircrafts). I didn't like the sight, the sight of aircrafts which are getting older and older without any care of their owner... :(
I hope to see them a lot longer in Brussels, and deep in my heart, I hope they'll take better care for their planes in the future...

Greetz,
Glider

Glider

Post by Glider »

Ow yeah, forgot to say. On the 'new' A300 (TC-FLG), the advertisement is painted for 'Pasatours.nl'. Just some info (because it's not yet visible on the pic Q707 posted).

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

mmm nice to hear Glider...

tc-flg this is the one i missed.

tc-fle: c/n 163; ff 06/10/81; del to TOA Domestic; ex ja8472
tc-flf: c/n 194; ff 04/05/82; del to Varig; ex pp-vne, ja8293
tc-fla: c/n 127; ff 14/11/80; del to Laker Airways; ex g-bima, 6y-jmj, tc-gtb
tc-flg: c/n ? but obvious ex TOA Domestic/Japan Air System

Concluding: the birds r more then 20 years old... :wink: i like that...

SkyStef

Avro

Post by Avro »

Todays arrivals:

17:45 Bodrum FLM 463 estimated 17:50 will be a B752 probably TC-FLB
22:45 Izmir FLM467 will be an AB4 probably TC-FLG

Greetz

Glider

Post by Glider »

Jup, I saw TC-FLB. Had to work till 11.30PM, but didn't see the A300. (Probably ANOTHER delay :-)).

By the way, I don't work for BGS anymore. July is over, me back at the wrong side of the airport fence... :-(

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Glider wrote:By the way, I don't work for BGS anymore. July is over, me back at the wrong side of the airport fence... :-(
But I am sure you had a wonderful exeprience, and you earned some money on top of that. Lucky guy! :lol:
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

By the way, I don't work for BGS anymore. July is over, me back at the wrong side of the airport fence... :cry:
Well this year I had to stay all the time on the wrong side of the fence :!:

Ciao

Glider

Post by Glider »

Indeed, as you say, it was a wonderful experience to me. Maybe I'll go back next year. We'll wait and see.
And indeed, besides the planes, my paycheck isn't that bad at all. ;-)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Avro wrote:Well this year I had to stay all the time on the wrong side of the fence
If you study well, become a renowned engineer in a multinational company, you will be able to travel a lot (like me when I worked for Solvay) and be on the right side of the fence. Or even better work for an airline (like me when I started for SN) or an airport. :wink:
André
ex Sabena #26567

stroman

Post by stroman »

Hi Glider,

Yup, too bad july is over isn't it... :cry: I must say I 've never regretted ending a summerjob and starting my holiday until now. :wink: Although, with the kind of workload I had yesterday, my arms are still hurting. And the check-bagage signal of the redcaps is one thing I'll never miss... :lol:

Anyway, are you sure you won't be able to do weekends? If I understood correctly, BGS will phone you when they can use you in the weekend but you can always refuse if you have other plans...

greetz & see you at the 25L 8)

p.s.: Can't wait to see those pics you made...