Air Belgium in 2022

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Kapitein

Re: Air Belgium in 2022

Post by Kapitein »

B737229 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 15:56
SR20 wrote: 25 Jul 2022, 13:39 Former A6-EYN from Etihad Airways it appears !

https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-832.htm
besides A6-EYN , Former A6-EYU seems to be reserved for Air Belgium
https://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane-a330-1521.htm
Ex A6EYN will become OELAL and will arrive 18/08 from SIN.
Next day it fly's to MLA

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

longwings wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 01:03
If you had written "passengers do not care" where aircraft are registered, I would have agreed. "Nobody" is a stretch. I doubt lessors and insurance companies would let Brussels Airlines register their aircraft in Armenia if they wanted. Regulators would certainly not let the planes take off from BRU.

Of course. I meant "anywhere in the EU".
Too obvious to be specified in my eyes, sorry for that.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Beside A6-EYF and A6-EYU, Air Belgium will also get A6-EYF (A330-200 Etihad) and OE-LVB a 737-800 coming from Blue One as last operator.

I wonder how long this jokes will last with such a messy operational structure.

BekEBBR

Post by BekEBBR »

Well, are you sure about the 737?

Because if Airfleets.net is your source, there was already a 737 coming a few months ago that appeared to be an ASL aircraft after all. And if you check on planespotters.net, LVB appears to be an ASL aircraft aswell.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I just relay what I saw on airfleets.net indeed. So no I'm not sure, I was surprised too to see a 737 in the Air Belgium fleet.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

crew1990 wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 02:45 Beside A6-EYF and A6-EYU, Air Belgium will also get A6-EYF (A330-200 Etihad) and OE-LVB a 737-800 coming from Blue One as last operator.

I wonder how long this jokes will last with such a messy operational structure.
What joke exactly?

brabel

Post by brabel »

Nice to read on Aviation24 that Air Belgium will have a partnership with Air Link to many destinations in Southern Africa, like Namibia and Madagascar.
They only have 2 destinations in common with SN, Entebbe and Luanda, so I think it's a nice gap that they are trying to fill.
I hope for them these routes will be a success.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

brabel wrote: 14 Sep 2022, 12:01 Nice to read on Aviation24 that Air Belgium will have a partnership with Air Link to many destinations in Southern Africa, like Namibia and Madagascar.
They only have 2 destinations in common with SN, Entebbe and Luanda, so I think it's a nice gap that they are trying to fill.
I hope for them these routes will be a success.
In my opinion today you need to be part of a group(miles and more, Skyteam etc...) to succeed and attract the business pax.
If they code share the flight with Brussels Airlines and Miles and more it could be a good gap filler.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

LH will never allow a code share between Air Belgium and SN. LH's aim is to bring Belgian pax to LH/LX lonh haul flights. LH is prepared to cover small losses at SN as long as this brings pax to their own network, as this will compensate for the loss made by SN as long as it remains "acceptable".

With the many connections between Air Belgium and Airlink, these flights should become profitable, certainly if, with time, frequences are increased.

However, I agree they should have a FFP. When they start flying to the US, they might approach AA to code share with them and at the samedi time become a partir in AA's FFP. My two cents and a half ;)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

By moving a long-haul aircraft to AMS, by removing long-haul destinations and reducing frequencies, TUI allows Air Belgiums to settle in BRU...Hope it will take the opportunity...

PopUp

Post by PopUp »

PopUp wrote: 15 Sep 2022, 06:05 LH will never allow a code share between Air Belgium and SN. LH's aim is to bring Belgian pax to LH/LX long haul flights. LH is prepared to cover small losses at SN as long as this brings pax to their own network, as this will compensate for the loss made by SN as long as it remains "acceptable".

With the many connections between Air Belgium and Airlink, these flights should become profitable, certainly if, with time, frequences are increased.

However, I agree they should have a FFP. When they start flying to the US, they might approach AA to code share with them and at the same time become a member iof AA's FFP. My two cents and a half ;)

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

PttU

Post by PttU »

nordikcam wrote: 15 Sep 2022, 08:13 By moving a long-haul aircraft to AMS, by removing long-haul destinations and reducing frequencies, TUI allows Air Belgiums to settle in BRU...Hope it will take the opportunity...
Auch, and moving traffic from BRU to the congested AMS seems like a bad idea for TUI?

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

PttU wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 18:10
nordikcam wrote: 15 Sep 2022, 08:13 By moving a long-haul aircraft to AMS, by removing long-haul destinations and reducing frequencies, TUI allows Air Belgiums to settle in BRU...Hope it will take the opportunity...
Auch, and moving traffic from BRU to the congested AMS seems like a bad idea for TUI?
That 787 will replace the 767 TUI NL is using now (OOJNL).
It’s not an addition to the NL fleet.

LH never really worked in BE, at least for TUI. I wonder how AB is performing on LH leisure routes.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Lux_avi wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 19:02

LH never really worked in BE, at least for TUI. I wonder how AB is performing on LH leisure routes.
Bcs TUI, is a lazy company regarding attracting clients. They think that the brand is selling itself. In the past yes, now absolutely not.

Air Belgium is doing it smart. They look were is the potential and what is hot in the neighbour countries. Why Bonaire is not selling good before the first flight? No idea.

But TUI was not doing anything to become better and bigger after the dismiss of Thomas Cook. The glory times of each several months a new plane is many years behind us

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Atlantis wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 22:26

Bcs TUI, is a lazy company regarding attracting clients. They think that the brand is selling itself. In the past yes, now absolutely not.

Air Belgium is doing it smart. They look were is the potential and what is hot in the neighbour countries. Why Bonaire is not selling good before the first flight? No idea.

But TUI was not doing anything to become better and bigger after the dismiss of Thomas Cook. The glory times of each several months a new plane is many years behind us
Agree with you. I’d even say; get used to see planes leaving the TUI BE fleet every month…

But, is AB making profit on their long haul leisure routes?
Quite difficult in the current climate.

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

Totally agree. TUI FLY has become lazy. With some more commercial efforts they would be able to fill more planes for the long distance.
Caribean and Mexico are still big hits.
With Northern France and Netherlands and Western part of Germany they have a giant catchment area.

Also BRU Airport remains slow and dull. MOLK is maybe right about Mr. FAUST..

I wish AIR BELGIUM all the best and look forward for good news about them.
One remark is that they are still not so wellknown in the Northern part of Belgium and NL.
When they started their flights to South Africa it was hardly in the news (TV or newspaprers).
L'Echo had a full page article, De Tijd =nada, nothing.
Maybe some work to do for Marketing & Sales Dept. ??

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

JOVAN2 wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 11:57

Totally agree. TUI FLY has become lazy. With some more commercial efforts they would be able to fill more planes for the long distance.
Caribean and Mexico are still big hits.
With Northern France and Netherlands and Western part of Germany they have a giant catchment area.

Also BRU Airport remains slow and dull. MOLK is maybe right about Mr. FAUST..

I wish AIR BELGIUM all the best and look forward for good news about them.
One remark is that they are still not so wellknown in the Northern part of Belgium and NL.
When they started their flights to South Africa it was hardly in the news (TV or newspaprers).
L'Echo had a full page article, De Tijd =nada, nothing.
Maybe some work to do for Marketing & Sales Dept. ??
TUI fly could have done what Air Belgium is doing, but they didn't have the guts and played only on the safe mode which is flying Mediterranean. Long haul is really poor. For a leisure company is not a good thing, especially if you look in the neighbour countries.

Hard to say if AB is making profit. Their long haul from CRL is not a success. They really miss interline agreements

ostair

Post by ostair »

TUI fly could have done what Air Belgium is doing, but they didn't have the guts and played only on the safe mode which is flying Mediterranean. Long haul is really poor. For a leisure company is not a good thing, especially if you look in the neighbour countries.

Hard to say if AB is making profit. Their long haul from CRL is not a success. They really miss interline agreements
Yep, Tui Fly could have done some flights to destinations so far unknown to the Belgian charter market.
Last edited by sn26567 on 21 Sep 2022, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected BBCode

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 21:02
If long haul from CRL is not a success why some long haul flights are departing from CRL ?