Air Belgium in 2022

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Air Belgium in 2022

Post by sn26567 »

Hongyuan Group, the largest shareholder of Air Belgium (49%), selects Israel Aerospace Industries to convert eleven Boeing 777-300ERSF along with options for nine more. Redeliveries are expected to begin in 3Q 2024 for onward placement with Air Belgium and Jiangxi Cargo Airlines (China).
André
ex Sabena #26567

BigJets

Post by BigJets »

sn26567 wrote: 20 Oct 2022, 16:30 Hongyuan Group, the largest shareholder of Air Belgium (49%), selects Israel Aerospace Industries to convert eleven Boeing 777-300ERSF along with options for nine more. Redeliveries are expected to begin in 3Q 2024 for onward placement with Air Belgium and Jiangxi Cargo Airlines (China).
Unfortunately I don't think most of these aircraft will be flying with Air Belgium. The main purpose is to fly them from different points in China and with Russian Airspace closed to European registered aircraft and it seems this situation will not change any time soon. The solution to avoid these sanctions is registering the aircraft in China, bad luck for Air Belgium. The only time Air Belgium would get some of these 777-300ERSF is if they fly them from Brussels to other parts of the world not affected by the embargo.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Air Belgium will end its scheduled service from Brussels Airport to Punta Cana and Curaçao at the beginning of March. Until mid-January, there will be flights to both destinations once or twice a week. The last flight will take place on March 5 2023.
Earlier, AB was already forced to significantly reduce the flight schedule to Bonaire.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 22:16 Air Belgium will end its scheduled service from Brussels Airport to Punta Cana and Curaçao at the beginning of March. Until mid-January, there will be flights to both destinations once or twice a week. The last flight will take place on March 5 2023.
Earlier, AB was already forced to significantly reduce the flight schedule to Bonaire.
I wonder how long South Africa will last.
And how long it will take them to become 100% cargo...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 31 Oct 2022, 22:16 Air Belgium will end its scheduled service from Brussels Airport to Punta Cana and Curaçao at the beginning of March. Until mid-January, there will be flights to both destinations once or twice a week. The last flight will take place on March 5 2023.
I always wonder how there is no market from BRU to the Dutch (and French) overseas territories. BRU is a way more covenient airport than AMS and fairly easy to reach from Southern Netherlands and Northern France.

AF/KL have a near monopolie on the market.

SR20

Post by SR20 »

AIR BELGIUM FACED WITH CHAIN ​​CANCELLATIONS AND A WAVE OF PILOT DEPARTURES - The Belgian airline, Air Belgium, is going through a zone of turbulence and for observers, it is an unprecedented crisis, within its staff . Indeed, many sources report a multitude of malfunctions within the air carrier, with in particular as a cause or consequence, a wave of departures of pilots to the French shipowner, CMA CGM, with which it will no longer cooperate. The latter now has its own freight transport airline and the agreement it had signed with Air Belgium to operate from Liège is no longer relevant. The company has decided to suspend its regular service to Curaçao and Punta Cana from Brussels Airport after next March.

https://lpost.be/2022/10/31/air-belgium ... e-pilotes/

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

It seems that from the passenger side of Air Belgium, only Mauritius; Cap Town; Johanesbourg will survive after april 23. That's the only destination loaded in the booking engine for S23.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

crew1990 wrote: 03 Nov 2022, 23:26 It seems that from the passenger side of Air Belgium, only Mauritius; Cap Town; Johanesbourg will survive after april 23. That's the only destination loaded in the booking engine for S23.
Yes, this was explained in the article I wrote with Philippe Lawson on L-Post. FDF and PTP are in danger, CUR & PUJ are suspended.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I actually cannot read the article, the link lead to "THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT FOUND"

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

crew1990 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 00:07 I actually cannot read the article, the link lead to "THE PAGE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT FOUND"
https://lpost.be/2022/10/31/air-belgium ... e-pilotes/

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Air Belgium replied to several issues raised in the press (L-Post, Luchtvaartnieuws, Flightlevel, L'Echo, ...) in recent days:

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/air- ... les-about/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Established02

Post by Established02 »

When and where is the reported 3rd B748 coming from?

OE-LFC is currently making a roundtrip to GRU via DSS.

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

sn26567 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 14:47 Air Belgium replied to several issues raised in the press (L-Post, Luchtvaartnieuws, Flightlevel, L'Echo, ...) in recent days:

As this forum is a different media than L-Post where I published, according to my analysis, they do not answer to all of the topics we talk about.
The cheap hotels ? Nothing. Scheduling ? Nothing. However what I like is that they develop what's happening, getting more transparent after a lack of communication for the last few weeks.

However, the Customer Service Department's story confirms at 90% what is said in the L-Post article. But they would have avoided for sure the whole mediatisation without of course my article but also if their communication was coming earlier and was a simple "Hi there, we have an overflow of requests at the moment, we are doing our best to solve this" that would reassure some passengers and avoid what has been happening in the last few weeks with all the complains.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Established02 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 15:04 When and where is the reported 3rd B748 coming from?
This is indeed totally new information. There is no indication of where the aircraft will come from.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

TLspotting wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 15:24
sn26567 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 14:47 Air Belgium replied to several issues raised in the press (L-Post, Luchtvaartnieuws, Flightlevel, L'Echo, ...) in recent days:

As this forum is a different media than L-Post where I published, according to my analysis, they do not answer to all of the topics we talk about.
The cheap hotels ? Nothing. Scheduling ? Nothing. However what I like is that they develop what's happening, getting more transparent after a lack of communication for the last few weeks.

However, the Customer Service Department's story confirms at 90% what is said in the L-Post article. But they would have avoided for sure the whole mediatisation without of course my article but also if their communication was coming earlier and was a simple "Hi there, we have an overflow of requests at the moment, we are doing our best to solve this" that would reassure some passengers and avoid what has been happening in the last few weeks with all the complains.
I wonder what happened to you. You were a huge Air Belgium fan, now you publish articles with partially fake information and clearly with the intention to damage their image.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

sn26567 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 16:09
Established02 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 15:04 When and where is the reported 3rd B748 coming from?
This is indeed totally new information. There is no indication of where the aircraft will come from.
Unconfirmed but that would be a B748 from AirBridge Cargo.

pitrixplanespotting

Post by pitrixplanespotting »

Lux_avi wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 09:01
sn26567 wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 16:09
Unconfirmed but that would be a B748 from AirBridge Cargo.
It seems the most logical option. In that case it will likely be ex VQ-BFE, line number 1502. It is the only ex Airbridgecargo stored outside Russia.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

Here is the full article of today’s La Libre:

https://ibb.co/jwbRNRR

Enjoy the reading, 😊

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Lux_avi wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 09:00
TLspotting wrote: 04 Nov 2022, 15:24

I wonder what happened to you. You were a huge Air Belgium fan, now you publish articles with partially fake information and clearly with the intention to damage their image.
I was indeed. Firstly mistake of mine that destroyed this kind of relationship, they also thought I did something when I was still working with Aviation24.be, they never apologised to me, but the group is going to stay independent, even if I have been offering them for 4 years a place in the administration of it.

But at the end, I've got so many sources that actually it was impossible not to make an article about this. It would have been really surprising that all the sources lie to me and also my coauthor. Partially fake information, but article pretty accurate. Many sources read it and agreed at 100% to the content. Air Belgium uses the word of "exodus", not even present in the L-Post article. That's the whole point, they also want to make communication on it. Terzakis told in private that I was not credible. Pilots leave the airline due to the bad work environment, that's a fact. I'm in Journalism Studies at the moment and I thought it was the perfect moment to write my first article with everything happening from the Customer Service to CMA CGM, I had never got this amount of sources. Between the lines they haven't really denied anything. Of course, on some other points like the staff under pressure, I think that if it was false, they would have corrected us and sincerely I would have prefered that a situation is better than told on a medium. But saying that it is wacky...

I have asked 15 days ago questions and even now we haven't got any answer in our email or so. You'll make your own opinion.

But destroying their image is not my goal, but at least to change things. You can read for example that through 2023, South Africa and Mauritius are going to continue. For CMA CGM, I say that with the departure of the French group, the cargo fleet of AB evolves. Everything is not negative in my article.

Last question, Air Belgium confirmed to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl, the suspension of Punta Cana and Curaçao, how is it possible that now they also react to that article if they confirmed?

fcw

Post by fcw »

TLspotting wrote: 05 Nov 2022, 11:16 I was indeed. Firstly mistake of mine that destroyed this kind of relationship, they also thought I did something when I was still working with Aviation24.be, they never apologised to me, but the group is going to stay independent, even if I have been offering them for 4 years a place in the administration of it.
Something got lost in google translate, your post is incomprehensible.