Air Belgium in 2022

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

lumumba

Re: Air Belgium in 2022

Post by lumumba »

nordikcam wrote: 21 Sep 2022, 13:26
Atlantis wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 21:02
Hard to say if AB is making profit. Their long haul from CRL is not a success. They really miss interline agreements
If long haul from CRL is not a success why some long haul flights are departing from CRL ?
I think because they are financed by Wallonia.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Let us also not forget that Transavia also made their mini hub at BRU. We will see for next Summer how they will develop. But they really can grow if Tui Fly Belgium is reducing

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Air Belgium has officially started its interline agreement with Airlink of South Africa, opening doors to 36 new destinations on the African continent.
André
ex Sabena #26567

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

sn26567 wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 15:37 Air Belgium has officially started its interline agreement with Airlink of South Africa, opening doors to 36 new destinations on the African continent.
Hope they will have good load factor ! :-). Waiting next destination...

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Interline is OK, but they need more flights/week

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

They’ll need more aircraft for more frequencies, which I hope they’ll get. They need more interline/codeshares in Europe also.

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

theeuropean wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 11:50 They’ll need more aircraft for more frequencies, which I hope they’ll get. They need more interline/codeshares in Europe also.
Found out they will get 2 A330-200ceo

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

theeuropean wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 17:05
theeuropean wrote: 03 Oct 2022, 11:50 They’ll need more aircraft for more frequencies, which I hope they’ll get. They need more interline/codeshares in Europe also.
Found out they will get 2 A330-200ceo
Strange, since the aim was to standardise the fleet with the A330-300.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

nordikcam wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 17:51
sn26567 wrote: 30 Sep 2022, 15:37 Air Belgium has officially started its interline agreement with Airlink of South Africa, opening doors to 36 new destinations on the African continent.
Hope they will have good load factor ! :-). Waiting next destination...
The next destination should be Windhoek

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

JOVAN2 wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 11:57
Atlantis wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 22:26
Lux_avi wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 19:02

That 787 will replace the 767 TUI NL is using now (OOJNL).
It’s not an addition to the NL fleet.

LH never really worked in BE, at least for TUI. I wonder how AB is performing on LH leisure routes.
Bcs TUI, is a lazy company regarding attracting clients. They think that the brand is selling itself. In the past yes, now absolutely not.

Air Belgium is doing it smart. They look were is the potential and what is hot in the neighbour countries. Why Bonaire is not selling good before the first flight? No idea.

But TUI was not doing anything to become better and bigger after the dismiss of Thomas Cook. The glory times of each several months a new plane is many years behind us
Totally agree. TUI FLY has become lazy. With some more commercial efforts they would be able to fill more planes for the long distance.
Caribean and Mexico are still big hits.
With Northern France and Netherlands and Western part of Germany they have a giant catchment area.

Also BRU Airport remains slow and dull. MOLK is maybe right about Mr. FAUST..

I wish AIR BELGIUM all the best and look forward for good news about them.
One remark is that they are still not so wellknown in the Northern part of Belgium and NL.
When they started their flights to South Africa it was hardly in the news (TV or newspaprers).
L'Echo had a full page article, De Tijd =nada, nothing.
Maybe some work to do for Marketing & Sales Dept. ??

About the media exposure, easy answer:

Flemish media don’t really bat an eye about Walloon businesses unless it is very newsworthy. The way news are outlined between the 2 regions speaks for itself.

JOVAN2

Post by JOVAN2 »

Shonix wrote: 04 Oct 2022, 10:35
JOVAN2 wrote: 19 Sep 2022, 11:57
Atlantis wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 22:26

Bcs TUI, is a lazy company regarding attracting clients. They think that the brand is selling itself. In the past yes, now absolutely not.

Air Belgium is doing it smart. They look were is the potential and what is hot in the neighbour countries. Why Bonaire is not selling good before the first flight? No idea.

But TUI was not doing anything to become better and bigger after the dismiss of Thomas Cook. The glory times of each several months a new plane is many years behind us
Totally agree. TUI FLY has become lazy. With some more commercial efforts they would be able to fill more planes for the long distance.
Caribean and Mexico are still big hits.
With Northern France and Netherlands and Western part of Germany they have a giant catchment area.

Also BRU Airport remains slow and dull. MOLK is maybe right about Mr. FAUST..

I wish AIR BELGIUM all the best and look forward for good news about them.
One remark is that they are still not so wellknown in the Northern part of Belgium and NL.
When they started their flights to South Africa it was hardly in the news (TV or newspaprers).
L'Echo had a full page article, De Tijd =nada, nothing.
Maybe some work to do for Marketing & Sales Dept. ??

About the media exposure, easy answer:

Flemish media don’t really bat an eye about Walloon businesses unless it is very newsworthy. The way news are outlined between the 2 regions speaks for itself.
I believe it is up to the Seller to make his product known.
I have worked for a company who exports to over 160 countries.
It is a continued battle to keep the interest in your company alive.

Look at Coca Cola: everybody knows but they keep on promoting their product by all means.

Air Belgium needs PAX from North Belgium, and NL and F and D.
So their Marketing Dept. should be active there, not only in Brussels and Wallonia.

b720

Post by b720 »

They are on the socials. Less and less people are actually watching and/listening to “traditional” media.. just look at the numbers of people terminating TV connections.. and plummeting figures for radio listeners..
I know many people booking their flights to JNB from northern Belgium. They have heard of air Belgium. And I have heard that their in flight service is exceptional!

brabel

Post by brabel »

In the past, they had commercials on the street billboards all over Brussels (I don't know in Flanders).

But I agree that they should try to be in the flemish/Dutch newspapers more, especially when opening a new route, an article about it would be nice and doesn't even cost money.

Also, the federal investment company also has shares in air Belgium if I'm not mistaken, so it's not 'only' a Walloon company.

b720

Post by b720 »

brabel wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 15:34 In the past, they had commercials on the street billboards all over Brussels (I don't know in Flanders).

But I agree that they should try to be in the flemish/Dutch newspapers more, especially when opening a new route, an article about it would be nice and doesn't even cost money.

Also, the federal investment company also has shares in air Belgium if I'm not mistaken, so it's not 'only' a Walloon company.
They were all over the press in Flanders last month.
Their inaugural flight to South Africa was well covered
By the flemish press. Also the announcement of those flights a few months back.. not sure about paid advertisements though. But there were plenty of articles about their new flights.

b720

Post by b720 »

Besides, best publicity is cheap flights! They offered dirt cheap flights to South Africa in both economy and business.
Most people search and compare fares. When an airline suddenly pops up offering cheaper flights than the competition, people notice. I think that This is the best way to attract attention. It has been successful as fares have gone up since the inauguration of the JNB and CPT flights.

Stij

Post by Stij »

b720 wrote: 05 Oct 2022, 16:21 Besides, best publicity is cheap flights! They offered dirt cheap flights to South Africa in both economy and business.
Most people search and compare fares. When an airline suddenly pops up offering cheaper flights than the competition, people notice. I think that This is the best way to attract attention. It has been successful as fares have gone up since the inauguration of the JNB and CPT flights.
To JNB they're dirt cheap, to CPT not that much... ET is normally cheaper...

brabel

Post by brabel »

I just read on luchtvaartnieuws.nl that Air Belgium might end its flights to Curaçao at the end of March.

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

Very unclear positioning from Air Belgium. There's a significant lack in vision from the management.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Shonix wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 21:36 Very unclear positioning from Air Belgium. There's a significant lack in vision from the management.
At least they try. Maybe it's lack of publicity? Most pax to such destinations know KLM, TUI or Air France.
I hope that their other destinations are doing fine.
But again, you need interline agreements like they are doing now in South Afrika. They should do the same with partners at BRU.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Shonix wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 21:36 Very unclear positioning from Air Belgium. There's a significant lack in vision from the management.
What do you exactly mean...?