Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2022

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

flightlover

Re: Strikes affecting Belgian airports in 2022

Post by flightlover »

Darjeeling wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 20:49
flightlover wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 20:00 Why do french speaking Belgians always have the idea others have to adjust to their language?
Is it that hard to bring up the respect of learning and speaking dutch??
Why does Brussels Airport use the city of Brussels for its branding and marketing then ? As far as I know, only 5 to 7 percents of Brussels Area Region inhabitants are Flemish. :?:
Moreover, we are in 2022, the fact that Aviapartner's website is only in Dutch reflects well the narrow-minded mentality it always used to have. :roll:
Their website is in English, but yes job offers for BRU are in dutch, as LGG jobs are posted in french.

Btw, would I be able to start working in a Walloon company if I fail to speak french? At CRL for example? The airports website doesn't even show jobs when you browse the dutch or english version, but if you switch to french there are suddenly 7 postings. Strange, no?

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

flightlover wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 06:59
flightlover wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 20:00 Why do french speaking Belgians always have the idea others have to adjust to their language?
Is it that hard to bring up the respect of learning and speaking dutch??
Why does Brussels Airport use the city of Brussels for its branding and marketing then ? As far as I know, only 5 to 7 percents of Brussels Area Region inhabitants are Flemish. :?:
Moreover, we are in 2022, the fact that Aviapartner's website is only in Dutch reflects well the narrow-minded mentality it always used to have. :roll:
Their website is in English, but yes job offers for BRU are in dutch, as LGG jobs are posted in french.

Btw, would I be able to start working in a Walloon company if I fail to speak french? At CRL for example? The airports website doesn't even show jobs when you browse the dutch or english version, but if you switch to french there are suddenly 7 postings. Strange, no?
When you are in dire need for staff, there is no time to loose. I doubt many Flemish are going to work at CRL. But BRU is only a few miles aways from (majority French speaking) Brussels.

Darjeeling

Post by Darjeeling »

PttU wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 23:46
nordikcam wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 21:08
All in all, ahead of a busy summer, a good bunch of strikes is well deserved for some of the Brussels Airport companies (Brussels Airlines included). They treated people (employees) like under-humans, the payback is on the way. At least, passengers were warned well in advance.
Avoid Brussels Airlines this summer unfortunately! And so Brussels Airport. To avoid uncertainty and plan ahead. As far as I'm concerned it will be CDG where nothing special is scheduled for the time being and AF...from ZYR it's really very very practical!
"passengers were warned well in advance"? Plan ahead? I bought tickets begin April...
I planned a trip to BER (July 1st - 4th). I try to avoid Ryanair as much as possible because they're known to have little respect to their crew (and passengers), so I booked tickets with Brussels Airlines. I understand everyone working at understaffed positions and agree they have their right to complain, but I also don't like my small break being jeopardized either :/
No flights from EIN, ANR or even CRL either, so any suggestions how to handle this? Just keep my fingers crossed the management can find something to offer to the overworked crew?
Summer will be troubled, as far as SN is concerned. If it won't be by strikes, it will be by understaffing. They simply don't have enough crew to operate all the scheduled flights. On both sectors 330 and 320. A lot of crew will call in sick, fatigued or unavailable because what their operations have scheduled is just unbearable. Many flights will be cancelled and priority will be given to leisure destinations (to honor the contracts with tour-operators) and AFI longh-haul + its feeder.
Sorry to disapoint you, but that's the way it is (and has always been...) with this company run by amateurs. :roll:

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

Since the existense of Brussels Airlines till today, i never heard anything positive about this company. It is always something downthere: social turmoil, strikes, red numbers, lack of funds etc. Year in, year out, 20 year long already. I agree that the post covid is creating a lot of problems as well worldwide so it is not just BA. But please, i simply can not understand that this company is still flying. It is just 1 big barrel full of problems and issues, every single day!!!

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Darjeeling wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 07:59
Summer will be troubled, as far as SN is concerned. If it won't be by strikes, it will be by understaffing. They simply don't have enough crew to operate all the scheduled flights. On both sectors 330 and 320. A lot of crew will call in sick, fatigued or unavailable because what their operations have scheduled is just unbearable. Many flights will be cancelled and priority will be given to leisure destinations (to honor the contracts with tour-operators) and AFI longh-haul + its feeder.
Sorry to disapoint you, but that's the way it is (and has always been...) with this company run by amateurs. :roll:
Short of staff + little delays (caused by lack of staff, strikes, loooong CTOT's by ATC, ...) = chaos.
Not only Brussels Airlines will be affected.

Bracebrace

Post by Bracebrace »

saratoga wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 08:44Since the existense of Brussels Airlines till today, i never heard anything positive about this company. It is always something downthere: social turmoil, strikes, red numbers, lack of funds etc. Year in, year out, 20 year long already.
Brussels Airlines or pretty much every company in Europe? The most stable company for pilots in Europe these days is Air France, they are also state funded, in red numbers and hit strike records every year. Either it hits the press because you are "bigger", or it remains caved inside because nobody dares to speak or they might get fired. Aviation: the world where everyone hopes they don't have to move their family (again?) abroad next year.

PttU

Post by PttU »

Darjeeling wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 07:59
PttU wrote: 07 Jun 2022, 23:46

Avoid Brussels Airlines this summer unfortunately! And so Brussels Airport. To avoid uncertainty and plan ahead. As far as I'm concerned it will be CDG where nothing special is scheduled for the time being and AF...from ZYR it's really very very practical!
"passengers were warned well in advance"? Plan ahead? I bought tickets begin April...
I planned a trip to BER (July 1st - 4th). I try to avoid Ryanair as much as possible because they're known to have little respect to their crew (and passengers), so I booked tickets with Brussels Airlines. I understand everyone working at understaffed positions and agree they have their right to complain, but I also don't like my small break being jeopardized either :/
No flights from EIN, ANR or even CRL either, so any suggestions how to handle this? Just keep my fingers crossed the management can find something to offer to the overworked crew?
Don't complain, suggest what's better...

MrBrightside

Post by MrBrightside »

All in all, ahead of a busy summer, a good bunch of strikes is well deserved for some of the Brussels Airport companies (Brussels Airlines included). They treated people (employees) like under-humans, the payback is on the way. At least, passengers were warned well in advance.
Strikes in Paris tomorrow...
https://www.hln.be/reizen/parijse-lucht ... ~a8b21b57/

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

MrBrightside wrote: 08 Jun 2022, 14:24
Strikes in Paris tomorrow...
https://www.hln.be/reizen/parijse-lucht ... ~a8b21b57/
Yes… suggesting Paris instead of BRU to avoid disruptions might be the worse idea one could get…

Shonix

Post by Shonix »

SN to go on strike June 23, 24 & 25...

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Shonix wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 14:12 SN to go on strike June 23, 24 & 25...
Fucked by SN for the 2nd time in 6 months ! SN never again, nice slogan !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

B737229 wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 14:51
Shonix wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 14:12 SN to go on strike June 23, 24 & 25...
Fucked by SN for the 2nd time in 6 months ! SN never again, nice slogan !
It's not a wildcat strike and nobody forces the crew to go on strike. Hence: EU-Rule 261/2004 applies in full, including the indemnity for flights cancelled within 13 days before flight date (without another similar flight within the delay as per 261/2004).

However, would be great if you would allow Brussels Airlines to refund the 290M corona loan before you take them to court.

b720

Post by b720 »

Indeed! Let them refund those first. (Still awaiting mine).
And their punctuality is dismal. 30 min. Late, is on time for them these days. I try to avoid them when possible.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

All departures are canceled tomorrow from Brussels Airport. Only inbound flights will be operated and also cargo flights. How many outbound flights were planned tomorrow ?

National event: all flights departing from Brussels Airport canceled this Monday

Arrivals are maintained.

All flights departing from Brussels Airport on Monday are cancelled, the airport said on Sunday. Arrivals are maintained, as are cargo flights. Passenger safety can no longer be guaranteed due to the G4S strike (which would be larger than previously feared).

TAll flights departing from Brussels Airport on Monday are cancelled, the airport said on Sunday. Arrivals are maintained, as are cargo flights. Passenger safety can no longer be guaranteed due to the G4S strike (which would be larger than previously feared).

The airport feared endless queues and invites the passengers concerned to contact their airline, if they have not already done so, to have their flight rescheduled.

Long waiting periods are also possible on Tuesday due to the postponement of canceled flights.

https://www-lesoir-be.translate.goog/44 ... r_pto=wapp
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

All departures are canceled tomorrow from Brussels Airport.
All _PASSENGER_ departures are cancelled tomorrow from Brussels Airport.

convair

Post by convair »

Not sure yet, but it looks like all return lh fights have been cancelled/postponed.

On the Afi flths, the triangular flt numbers were changed apparently in anticipation for full return flts tomorrow.

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

TUI Fly's BRU-Thessaloniki & BRU-Corfu will operate out of ANR (unless OO-JEB's AOG is messing up these plans...)

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

DIBO wrote: 20 Jun 2022, 00:07 TUI Fly's BRU-Thessaloniki & BRU-Corfu will operate out of ANR (unless OO-JEB's AOG is messing up these plans...)
JEB stayed less than an hour on the ground in BRU...

DIBO

Post by DIBO »

Indeed, all four TUI Fly E190's are operating out of ANR, with also the Tivat and Valencia flights departing from ANR today.

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

It seems that some outbound passengers flights were operated today. The SN flight to Kigali left BRU with a 2 hours delay https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/sn467
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873