Respect for each other !!

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

twan01

Respect for each other !!

Post by twan01 »

This late afternoon I was at the landing lights at 25L for some landing shots into the sunset.

After some time an other "spotter/photographer" arrived, putting his bike against the landing lights just one line in front of me, putting himself up right on the boxes of the landing lights power generators, and spoiling my view to take some more pictures.

First of all, To keep good understandings with BIAC, you don't have to put your bike against the landing lights and you don't have to put your self up-right on the power generators. (You always can bring a little stairs with you if you whish).

Furthermore, I think that a little bit of respect for other photographers isn't asked too much. There is more than place enough in the fields that you don't have to spoil other one(s) view.

In one way I hope that that person isn't a member of the "Luchtzak community" as I think this isn't an attitude for a "Luchtzakker", and if he is, I hope that he learned a little bit out of this posting :teach: :teach: :teach: :teach:
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

Comet

Post by Comet »

I agree that it is the height of rudeness to knowingly obstruct someone's viewpoint when they are spotting/taking photos.

The same happened to me at Manchester back in June - on the first and last occasion that I went to the Aviation Viewing Park. I was making a video of an Aer Lingus 737 as it taxied past and headed for take off. Just as the aircraft began its take off run, the couple stood nearby picked their kid up and plonked him on top of the fence, right in front of my video lens. Needless to say I was not very pleased! As someone who can only go spotting two or three times a year, each opportunity has to be made the most of, not ruined by some ignorant fools :evil:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

I couldn't agree more with you Twan.

BTW could we maybe see some of your pictures you've made today ?

Chris

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

that's indeed not very nice, not only for spotting but for everything, I hate it when somebody stands in front of my camera when i'm taking a picture of something...
But just use your mouth, don't just stand there and let it happen, just say something and usually it will work and the other party will get out of your view, except in China ;)

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Twan, we completely agree with you. In fact i would ask you to exhibit more restraint as an professional rather than the other spotter/photographer.

Remember an ode in Charlie Chaplin's biography reads, " Not all men are born heros or villians, But of all the passions that God has given them."

So let us be thankful that God has given us a hero like you. And yes Where are the pictures!
Aum Sweet Aum.

sn26567

Re: Respect for each other !!

Post by sn26567 »

twan01 wrote:After some time an other "spotter/photographer" arrived, putting his bike against the landing lights just one line in front of me, putting himself up right on the boxes of the landing lights power generators, and spoiling my view to take some more pictures.
Shame on him!

Did you take a picture of the culprit, just to show your point? And post it on Luchtzak.be?
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Thanks for this information Twan01, I am sure that one will read your comments and behave accordingly in the future!

It reminds me of this topic posted by Meerkat: Spotters - Are we our own worst enemies? :? :(

twan01

Post by twan01 »

No, I din't take a picture of that culprit, I changed a little bit my position so that I could continue to take pictures without that stupid guy in front of me.
In fact it was not that much because he was in front of me ( I know more than enough ways to handle those problems :D ) but it was more the way he handled by putting himself up-right on the power generators and his bike against the landing lights.
If we want to be accepted by BIAC, we had to respect them and their installations too.

Concerning my pictures : As I have two web sites on my own, I'm not so keen to put my pictures unprotected on other web sites -sorry-

However I'm working on a feature on my site so that with a special code you'll be able to visit a lot more photoreports. I'll keep you informed when this will be ready and available
Keep 'Em Flying !!

"Twan"

www.iapa.be

FL350

Post by FL350 »

Hi Twan,
Well I've seen that sort of Behaviour aswell, or like when people trash the place like hell leaving papers, and bottles after the spotting. Don't know why but there will allways be people like that in the world.
Hopefully there are other ones which are respectful to others and to others property.

Think I've seen that bike spotter maybe he'll read this and change his behaviour and manners...

PS did you find that 747 pic you were lookin for?

Fabrice

RobinZartos

Post by RobinZartos »

Sounds that that man had alot of pretention and egoism to stand there just before your nose. I would have complained about it... :wink:

Rago

Post by Rago »

Although you're 100% right, I don't think this is the way to get your anger out... Just kick his :censored: at the spot! That's the only moment and way to let him understand he's acting like an :censored: and compromising all spotters. If he's reading these reactions now, he must have a hell of fun, and will be proud about the attention he's getting now...

SicilianFalcon

Post by SicilianFalcon »

I think a few simple words from you to the man in question may have got him to move??

Too much of a big deal over nothing :?