M&M Senator Lifetime?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
DannyVDB

M&M Senator Lifetime?

Post by DannyVDB »

Dear all,

Some time ago I received as M&M Senator a message that my status would be extended with one year (2022), even though I will not reach the necessary 100.000 miles this year (I have only 10 flight segments this year). This was good news.

Yesterday I went online, checking my M&M account.

Big was my surprise that I saw that my status was changed to Senator Lifetime. At the same time I can download the digital M&M Senator card, but on that one it states that it expires 02/24 - my current card is valid until 02/22 - which contradicts the additional year and the lifetime statement a bit. Also I got two additional vouchers which you normally get with the extension of your status with two years.

So I am not so sure what it is now, also since I did not get any communication on the matter. I also thought that the new M&M programme in which this lifetime mechanism was explained was delayed ... I was not so sure whether I would get this lifetime status based on the criteria mentioned at the time they explained how the new system would work.

Anyone in the same situation / knows more on how it works / or new announcements to come from the M&M programme?

It would be great to get that status of course ...

With kind regards,
Danny

sn26567

Re: M&M Senator Lifetime?

Post by sn26567 »

There are some bugs in the M&M programme.

I don't know about the Senator status, but I have a similar experience with the regular membership. When you have a Brussels Airlines American Express card and you use it on a regular basis, the rules say that your frequent flyer miles don't expire. Nevertheless, my latest statement said that two-thirds of my 300,000 miles would expire at the end of March 2022.

I contacted a Brussels Airlines manager in charge of customers relations and she confirmed that my miles would not expire; the lady also said that she would tell M&M about that error.

I suggest you contact them as well.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Hi Danny,

No I didn't get the same email as you (yet).
The last one I got from M&M is only 1 hour old, just to inform on current mileage after the two flights of this week (first after 22 months grounding; never happened to me). Incidentally I noticed that yes they have applied the earlier promise of extra Status miles, i.e. +25% Exec bonus (usual) + doubling as Status&HONcircle miles promotion (6252 miles for a BRU-MUC-BRU :) ).

I also got this in August 2021 :
If you didn’t or don’t manage to renew your status in 2020 or 2021, we will renew your status for one year until February 2023.
If you achieve your status renewal by the end of 2021 as normal, your status will of course remain valid until February 2024

They also informed on : "Your current eVouchers will also remain valid during the coming year. You can use them until 31.12.2022." and this is good since I still have 3 vouchers from previous status renewals and very faint hope to use any before the end of this year.

So from my side everything looks OK.
BTW, did you also receive a mail from them on 2021-03-05 about a data breach?
The data in question relates exclusively to service card numbers, status level and in some cases names. Unfortunately, your customer data is also affected. You can rest assured, however, that no passwords, email addresses or other personal customer data were stolen in the incident.

Cheers,

H.A.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Homo Aeroportus wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 12:59
BTW, did you also receive a mail from them on 2021-03-05 about a data breach?
The data in question relates exclusively to service card numbers, status level and in some cases names. Unfortunately, your customer data is also affected. You can rest assured, however, that no passwords, email addresses or other personal customer data were stolen in the incident.

Cheers,

H.A.
Yes received that one also. But no communication on the other things, which is a bit strange ...

Maybe I need to take a picture of the current M&M pages of my account :D

If the 'upgrade' to M&M Senator for life is true however that makes my life 'easier'. I will less monitor my flights (although that is fun) since it does not matter anymore 8-)

Cheers
D