BRU Summer 2023: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

VoloperTe

Re: BRU Summer 2023: news, new routes, airlines

Post by VoloperTe »

Hi everybody,

I'm surprised to see there is no more flights from Brussels on march, april, may... in the booking system of Hainan and Thai ! Am i missing something ?

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Thai Airways doesn't serve Brussels anymore while Hainan hasn't released its S23 schedule yet

VoloperTe

Post by VoloperTe »

Miqvell wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 11:06 Thai Airways doesn't serve Brussels anymore while Hainan hasn't released its S23 schedule yet
However, it seemed to me that Thai flights from Brussels have good load factor in the past years no ? Very shamed for Brussels Airport that don't have anymore nonstop flights to Thailand, China, Hong Kong and Singapore before Covid !!

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

VoloperTe wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 11:20
Miqvell wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 11:06 Thai Airways doesn't serve Brussels anymore while Hainan hasn't released its S23 schedule yet
However, it seemed to me that Thai flights from Brussels have good load factor in the past years no ? Very shamed for Brussels Airport that don't have anymore nonstop flights to Thailand, China, Hong Kong and Singapore before Covid !!
Indeed flights to Bangkok were working very well. However, there are rumours saying that Air Belgium is negotiating with Thai authorities to launch flights next summer

fcw

Post by fcw »

Miqvell wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 11:38
Indeed flights to Bangkok were working very well. However, there are rumours saying that Air Belgium is negotiating with Thai authorities to launch flights next summer
Once again, “working well” is not what the bean counters are looking for.
The ME3 have a strong business case due to their geographical location, making it very difficult to have decent yields on nonstop flights from Europe to Bangkok. Without connections on both sides and with relatively cheap one stop tickets, Air Belgium will struggle to be profitable on BRU-BKK-BRU.

VoloperTe

Post by VoloperTe »

Hi everybody,

Transavia will launch for next summer season nonstop flights to Zakynthos from BRU. Flights are available every saturday from 29 April 2023. Bookings are open on Transavia website
Nice to see Transavia growing up in Brussels Airport !!

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

VoloperTe wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 16:55 Hi everybody,

Transavia will launch for next summer season nonstop flights to Zakynthos from BRU. Flights are available every saturday from 29 April 2023. Bookings are open on Transavia website
Yeah, how nice it is to see another foreign airline only employing foreign people (who don’t pay taxes in Belgium) growing in BRU…

Are you serious?

VoloperTe

Post by VoloperTe »

Lux_avi wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 22:09

Yeah, how nice it is to see another foreign airline only employing foreign people (who don’t pay taxes in Belgium) growing in BRU…

Are you serious?
No, YOU are you serious ?!

In this case we can ban from BRU Ryanair who employing foreign people, also Qatar Airways who employing foreign people, Emirates, Etihad,.... this is a nonsense !!!

Every new flight or Airline is a good opportunity to hiring new people in BRU !

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

VoloperTe wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 22:53
Lux_avi wrote: 21 Dec 2022, 22:09

Are you serious?
No, YOU are you serious ?!

In this case we can ban from BRU Ryanair who employing foreign people, also Qatar Airways who employing foreign people, Emirates, Etihad,.... this is a nonsense !!!

Every new flight or Airline is a good opportunity to hiring new people in BRU !
Yeah, it is non-sense to compare an airline developing a base in BRU with Qatar, Emirates and Etihad.

At Ryanair most people based in BRU have a belgian contract, by the way.

TUI, SN, Ryanair being the main targets of Transavia have their employees on belgian payrolls. Transavia does NOT. Doesn’t it ring a bell to you?

OO-JFP

Post by OO-JFP »

Lux_avi, a few remarks:

- Transavia has 1 aircraft based in Brussels
- Ryanair has 0 aircraft based in Brussels
- What makes you say that "at Ryanair most people based in BRU have a Belgian contract" while you assume that Transavia only has foreign employees working at Brussels?
- During the summer TUI also operates from foreign airports e.g. EIN, AMS, LIL, ORY, CDG

If there is a threat for TUI and SN in BRU, it's caused by the subsidized (Walloon and European) business of Ryanair and Wizz Air at CRL, not the single B737 of Transavia.

OO-JFP

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

OO-JFP wrote: 23 Dec 2022, 14:50 Lux_avi, a few remarks:

- Transavia has 1 aircraft based in Brussels
- Ryanair has 0 aircraft based in Brussels
- What makes you say that "at Ryanair most people based in BRU have a Belgian contract" while you assume that Transavia only has foreign employees working at Brussels?
- During the summer TUI also operates from foreign airports e.g. EIN, AMS, LIL, ORY, CDG

If there is a threat for TUI and SN in BRU, it's caused by the subsidized (Walloon and European) business of Ryanair and Wizz Air at CRL, not the single B737 of Transavia.

OO-JFP
Transavia now has only 1 AC, but the idea is clearly not to remain at 1…

Ryanair had belgian contracts for BRU based crew. Some have been moved to CRL, some elsewhere. If the BRU base comes back, those who will be moved 100% in BRU will be under belgian contracts.

The risk is to have more and more of these foreign airlines, not employing belgians, flying out of Belgium with foreign contracts (and therefore with lower salary costs…). It is nothing but good news.

Btw, TUI out of France = French contracts. TUI out of EIN & co = Dutch contracts. Except for Morocco flights that operate with AC based in Morocco.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

fcw wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 14:39
Miqvell wrote: 19 Dec 2022, 11:38
Once again, “working well” is not what the bean counters are looking for.
The ME3 have a strong business case due to their geographical location, making it very difficult to have decent yields on nonstop flights from Europe to Bangkok. Without connections on both sides and with relatively cheap one stop tickets, Air Belgium will struggle to be profitable on BRU-BKK-BRU.
Not so sure, I fly on regular basis to Cambodia and I miss the BRU-BKK flight. I always try to avoid multiple stops even in ME-3.
I prefer a flight of 10 hours, to rest.
Wel if SIA open a BRU-SIN, will surely fly with them. (BRU-BKK is way better but another history)

PttU

Post by PttU »

Airbus330lover wrote: 26 Dec 2022, 07:37 Not so sure, I fly on regular basis to Cambodia and I miss the BRU-BKK flight. I always try to avoid multiple stops even in ME-3.
I prefer a flight of 10 hours, to rest.
Wel if SIA open a BRU-SIN, will surely fly with them. (BRU-BKK is way better but another history)
I guess every destination would have some people flying it. The main question is which destinations would have enough people flying it (and willing to pay enough for it) to make it profitable...

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Juneyao Airlines plans to resume its entire international network next year and is looking to add Shanghai-Brussels flights, among other European destinations, with B787-9.

Source : https://twitter.com/yicaichina/status/1 ... 9018356738

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

easyJet has plans for a BRU-LIS route

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Boeing767copilot wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 21:06 easyJet has plans for a BRU-LIS route
Interesting , would be great to see some new BRU-routings offered by EasyJet

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

B737229 wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 14:43
Boeing767copilot wrote: 02 Jan 2023, 21:06 easyJet has plans for a BRU-LIS route
Interesting , would be great to see some new BRU-routings offered by EasyJet
But quite some competition with SN, TP and FR serving this destination. Could possibly become the 2nd busiest route (MAD being on 1) out of BRU, no?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

As from 11 March, ANA, will start up again the direct route Brussels-Tokio with 2 flights a week.
As from the end of March they will increase it to a daily flight again.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Atlantis wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 15:35 As from 11 March, ANA, will start up again the direct route Brussels-Tokio with 2 flights a week.
As from the end of March they will increase it to a daily flight again.
Very good news...nothing new about Philippines Airlines ? A rumor ? Something real in 2023 ?

Miqvell

Post by Miqvell »

Hainan Airlines will resume non-stop flights to Beijing as the airline will remove stopovers in Xi'an and Chongqing, still 4x weekly 787-9.