BRU Summer 2023: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

American Airlines will receive in 2023 the new A321XLR. They will fly from several American cities such as Philadelphia, Boston, Charlotte and Chicago to thinner secondary European airports.
Important in here is that they look again at Brussels Airport to launch such flight.

Fingers crossed

Conti764

Re: BRU Summer 2023: news, new routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 00:00 American Airlines will receive in 2023 the new A321XLR. They will fly from several American cities such as Philadelphia, Boston, Charlotte and Chicago to thinner secondary European airports.
Important in here is that they look again at Brussels Airport to launch such flight.

Fingers crossed
Would A++ let AA re-enter the market just like that? Some of those airports are exclusively AA hubs, so with feed from all over the States, but ORD is a UA hub as well and BOS is one those often stated TATL targets of SN. If AA could make it work with no feed BRU side, SN (as a part of A++, notably UA) could do the same...

longwings

Post by longwings »

Conti764 wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 20:51
Atlantis wrote: 11 Nov 2021, 00:00 American Airlines will receive in 2023 the new A321XLR. They will fly from several American cities such as Philadelphia, Boston, Charlotte and Chicago to thinner secondary European airports.

Fingers crossed
Would A++ let AA re-enter the market just like that? Some of those airports are exclusively AA hubs, so with feed from all over the States, but ORD is a UA hub as well and BOS is one those often stated TATL targets of SN. If AA could make it work with no feed BRU side, SN (as a part of A++, notably UA) could do the same...
When they ordered the aircraft, AA said their “secondary European airports” were in Spain, France, and Germany.
This year their VP of network and scheduled said most aircraft would fly from PHL, followed by “other logical markets” such as ORD, CLT, and BOS.
All that to point out, BOS-BRU may not be high on the list. PHL-BRU would probably come first with feed from the East Cost and Midwest at one end.

As for whether A++ would "let" them enter the markets, the days of scheduling twice-hourly 777s at rock-bottom fares between city pairs to drive a new entrant's twice-daily E145s out are for the most part long gone, thankfully.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

longwings wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 04:05 As for whether A++ would "let" them enter the markets, the days of scheduling twice-hourly 777s at rock-bottom fares between city pairs to drive a new entrant's twice-daily E145s out are for the most part long gone, thankfully.
But is still is competition, specifically on a highly competitive market.

If AA could make it work without any significant partnership or feed from any side, A++ could do the same with at least BRU as one of their hubs. Either SN, or if they lack the equipment to do so, UA... The goal is to earn money, after all.

On a sidenote, anyone knows how the US preclearance is evolving?

brabel

Post by brabel »

Air Canada announced to start flights between Toronto and Brussels starting summer season 2023.

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

Are there any updates on new routes or potential relaunches to and from BRU? We hear announcements from everywhere on increased connections, new routes, etc. Except from BRU. Even United seems to forget BRU in their new plans.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

As the time is still unknown, I will place it here. Royal Jordanian is planning to come back to Brussels Airport. Announced by their COO.

Source: Luchtvaartniwuws.nl

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 16:43 As the time is still unknown, I will place it here. Royal Jordanian is planning to come back to Brussels Airport. Announced by their COO.

Source: Luchtvaartniwuws.nl
If I read correctly, at this point it is only a plan, not a firm announcement. Wait and see...
André
ex Sabena #26567

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

CRJ 900 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 11:23 Are there any updates on new routes or potential relaunches to and from BRU? We hear announcements from everywhere on increased connections, new routes, etc. Except from BRU. Even United seems to forget BRU in their new plans.
I’m also starting to wonder what’s happening apart from the Air Belgium routes to South Africa and Bonaire. I feel like BRU is an afterthought or the team isn’t doing enough to actively get airlines (I hope I’m wrong on both accounts), can we expect some developments - even if it isn’t by SN

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

theeuropean wrote: 28 Jul 2022, 19:22
CRJ 900 wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 11:23 Are there any updates on new routes or potential relaunches to and from BRU? We hear announcements from everywhere on increased connections, new routes, etc. Except from BRU. Even United seems to forget BRU in their new plans.
I’m also starting to wonder what’s happening apart from the Air Belgium routes to South Africa and Bonaire. I feel like BRU is an afterthought or the team isn’t doing enough to actively get airlines (I hope I’m wrong on both accounts), can we expect some developments - even if it isn’t by SN
For Summer 2023, the only developments are the restart of Stuttgart and the start of Toronto, both expected on 26 March 2023.
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Let's say that Bonaire for the moment is not a success before it started. They reduced it till only a few days.

Furthermore what we are missing still is Hong Kong, Shenzhen and the not started up Singapore. Far Asia is still a black spot

TLspotting

Post by TLspotting »

Atlantis wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:30
Let's say that Bonaire for the moment is not a success before it started. They reduced it till only a few days.

Furthermore what we are missing still is Hong Kong, Shenzhen and the not started up Singapore. Far Asia is still a black spot
Since 2016, nothing has changed on the North American side either...
Hi. I'm Thibault Lapers. @ThibaultLapers & @TLspotting

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Yeah, United is not starting up anything. On the contrary, they invest more in a not Star hub like AMS.
Only Air Canada is doing moves.

But also from Air Belgium side is quiet regarding The States

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Atlanta is also still missing

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Atlantis wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 18:30

Last question, is Hainan flying regularly to BRU still? Not just Asia, Central and South America are missing, not even flights to Mexico City or São Paulo

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

theeuropean wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 12:28
Last question, is Hainan flying regularly to BRU still? Not just Asia, Central and South America are missing, not even flights to Mexico City or São Paulo
They just had their last cargo in cabin flight (cabinload) on friday. These flights came up to twice a day. This type of flights is no longer allowed after august 1st.
Don't know about real pax flights.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Hainan is still flying BRU China flights.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

I'm surprised not to see the return of the flight ATL BRU with DL ! Was this link not working properly ? And when AC will open YYZ ? Thx

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

nordikcam wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 20:25 I'm surprised not to see the return of the flight ATL BRU with DL ! Was this link not working properly ? And when AC will open YYZ ? Thx
YYZ with AC will be in June '23

pigthebest

Post by pigthebest »

brabel wrote: 05 Apr 2022, 23:39 Air Canada announced to start flights between Toronto and Brussels starting summer season 2023.
Atlantis wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 21:14
nordikcam wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 20:25 I'm surprised not to see the return of the flight ATL BRU with DL ! Was this link not working properly ? And when AC will open YYZ ? Thx
YYZ with AC will be in June '23
Today in Montréal, AC officially announced (re)lauch date of the route between YYZ and BRU starting June 1st (from YYZ). This service will be with a Boeing 787. The service will take place all year round.

Frequency will be 5x/week with flight:
  • From YYZ dep: 18:20, day 2-3-4-6-7, arr 07:45+1.
    From BRU dep: 12:25, day 1-3-4-5-7, arr 12:25.