BRU Summer 2022: news, new routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brabel

Re: BRU Summer 2022: news, new routes, airlines

Post by brabel »

SN is adding Munich to the network.
Morning flight from March onwards.
Evening flight from May onwards.

Just like they do the Frankfurt route.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

brabel wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 21:16 SN is adding Munich to the network.

Bcs less direct routes via BRU, but more via Germany. Feeder flights for LH. Not good for us

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Atlantis wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 21:54

Bcs less direct routes via BRU, but more via Germany. Feeder flights for LH. Not good for us
It doesn't change anything for the traveller, it is only a cost-saving measure for the Lufthansa Group to avoid LH crew overnighting in a Brussels hotel.
André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

There are no more flight, no less flight, it just the operator wich is changing to reduce the cost

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Can we expect something similar with Zürich to happen also? Especially since LX will now also operate GVA-BRU

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Atlantis wrote: 17 Jan 2022, 21:54Bcs less direct routes via BRU, but more via Germany. Feeder flights for LH. Not good for us
My first reaction was also that they (LH) will be "stealing" some SN pax. But after thinking again, it depends on the timetable as an arrival into MUC at 23h30LT f.e. would mean no connecting flights possible - but I doubt the Germans woulud do that...

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

And I was too fast as I didn't see the timetable yet:
SN2641 BRU 0700 – 0815 MUC
SN2642 MUC 0855 – 1015 BRU

SN2647 BRU 1915 – 2030 MUC
SN2648 MUC 2120 – 2240 BRU

Not sure this is good news for SN neither BRU.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 11:51

It doesn't change anything for the traveller, it is only a cost-saving measure for the Lufthansa Group to avoid LH crew overnighting in a Brussels hotel.
Come on it is very clear. Even when the schedule was released yesterday. The flight will arrive in MUC before the big wave. When the flight will arrive back in BRU, most of the US, Canadian flights are already gone. What only could be wise for SN is to attract pax on that flight to Africa as those ones are departing around noon.
No wonder why they start first with the switch in the morning and later with the evening flight.

That's also the reason why the LOT flight, first one, is most of the time a full house bcs of a lot of transit pax via WAW to other East European and long haul there.

But LOT has on the other hand the same issue, less and less direct flights but most of it via VIE or MUC

It cannot be more clear I think

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Atlantis wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 17:50

Come on it is very clear. Even when the schedule was released yesterday. The flight will arrive in MUC before the big wave. When the flight will arrive back in BRU, most of the US, Canadian flights are already gone. What only could be wise for SN is to attract pax on that flight to Africa as those ones are departing around noon.
No wonder why they start first with the switch in the morning and later with the evening flight.

That's also the reason why the LOT flight, first one, is most of the time a full house bcs of a lot of transit pax via WAW to other East European and long haul there.

But LOT has on the other hand the same issue, less and less direct flights but most of it via VIE or MUC

This flight ALREADY exist for years. Up to now, Lufthansa was doing the flight with an aircraft overnighting at BRU, now it will be Brussels Airlines wich will operate the flight. Lufthansa is doing the exact same thing in opposite with a flight departing at 7.05 in MUC and arriving at 8.25.

It's just a synergy of both airlines to save cost.

brabel

Post by brabel »

I suppose there will be a Lufthansa flight departing Munich early morning and arriving in Brussels so passengers can transit on SN flights to US and Africa?

edit: crew1990 just answered my question!

Btw, SN also flying to Rabat (first time ever?) and other destinations in Morocco (Marrakech, Tanger and Nador).
Moscow and St Petersburg are back too.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

crew1990 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 18:02
Atlantis wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 17:50

This flight ALREADY exist for years. Up to now, Lufthansa was doing the flight with an aircraft overnighting at BRU, now it will be Brussels Airlines wich will operate the flight. Lufthansa is doing the exact same thing in opposite with a flight departing at 7.05 in MUC and arriving at 8.25.

It's just a synergy of both airlines to save cost.
Bcs SN is cheaper for them then to operate their own crew.
For this very short flight they need to have a plane available while other routes, pre-corona, are still not started up. Do you see some logic? I don't

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Yes it s cheaper if SN operates the morning BRU-MUC leg. The same way, it's cheaper if the morning flight MUC-BRU is operated by lufthansa. This is the reason why Swiss will also start the GVA-BRU morning flight in S22. This is also why Austian do the first flight from VIE to BRU and the other way around Brussels Airlines do the first BRU-VIE. This is all about synergy between Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, Swiss and Austrian to avoid to have overnighting aircraft, crew hotel cost, nightstop allowance, crew transportation etc etc. How can't you see the logic? :?:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

crew1990 wrote: 18 Jan 2022, 21:49 Yes it s cheaper if SN operates the morning BRU-MUC leg. The same way, it's cheaper if the morning flight MUC-BRU is operated by lufthansa. This is the reason why Swiss will also start the GVA-BRU morning flight in S22. This is also why Austian do the first flight from VIE to BRU and the other way around Brussels Airlines do the first BRU-VIE. This is all about synergy between Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, Swiss and Austrian to avoid to have overnighting aircraft, crew hotel cost, nightstop allowance, crew transportation etc etc. How can't you see the logic? :?:
Of course I see the logic in that. But it's only flying from one hub to another. I would prefer more flights to other destinations pre-corona. Those are still not in place. They prefer more to add a plane to fly to their own hubs... This is very narrow thinking and brings no value for the pax. Its only cost saving but to we receive more service back? No.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I know you are kind of frustrated because SN did not decided to start WAW and KRK, but it has nothing to do with aircraft availabity, there are other new destination wich have been open wich was not served before pandemic and there will be new planes to operates them. But WAW, KRK and YUL is not yet for now, there are other priorities. You have to see Brussels Airlines as an Airlines part of a group and not like an individual airline. Brussels Airlines also take benefits of the first flights coming from ZRH, FRA, MUC and VIE. Anyway

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

It’s not the first time WAW and KRK have been suspended they where also suspended for some time - full flights doesn’t necessarily mean profitable. LO has government backing so is not necessarily breaking even or is profitable on the route. In all honesty everything East from from Hungary/Czech Republic is difficult from BRU - it’s really only the majority of the time LCC’s flying and that not even necessarily daily...SN should go where there is money to be made - they are already doing that by making sure flights now at least break even. This will enable them to - buy/acquire new(or less old) aircraft, increase fleet size (hopefully to add new routes), etc...

longwings

Post by longwings »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 11:04 Of course I see the logic in that. But it's only flying from one hub to another. I would prefer more flights to other destinations pre-corona. Those are still not in place. They prefer more to add a plane to fly to their own hubs...
afaik Brussels Airlines has not reactivated its entire fleet yet so this was not a either-or choice. If demand was there to resume more pre-covid flights, the aircraft, and presumably crew, are available.

This optimization of operating airlines and frequencies is old news even if it is only being implemented now. If memory serves me well, it was announced at the same time as Brussels Airlines' addition to the Network Airlines segment in the Lufthansa group.

Airlines are right to be cautious as the situation can change very quickly. The flying public's perception of the safety of travel is fleeting. Loads have cratered the past few weeks in North America and Europe.

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

ANA is announcing BRU-NGO on some selected dates in March.

Source: Facebook ANA

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

SabenaForever wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 12:07 ANA is announcing BRU-NGO on some selected dates in March.

Is that cargo or passenger service?

Do you have more information ?

SabenaForever

Post by SabenaForever »

luchtzak wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:03
SabenaForever wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 12:07 ANA is announcing BRU-NGO on some selected dates in March.

Well it seems passenger service. It is bookable on the website. I don’t now how to upload a screenshot here but it is a post of 4 days ago on there Facebook page.

New (temporary) service from NGO to BRU and FRA and from KIX to FRA

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SabenaForever wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 16:49
luchtzak wrote: 22 Jan 2022, 13:03

Well it seems passenger service. It is bookable on the website. I don’t now how to upload a screenshot here but it is a post of 4 days ago on there Facebook page.

New (temporary) service from NGO to BRU and FRA and from KIX to FRA
Thanks for having sent it to us by e-mail. Here it is:
image0.jpeg
André
ex Sabena #26567