Brussels Airlines in 2021

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Homo Aeroportus

Re: Brussels Airlines in 2021

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Makes me think of an IQ test.

The number of dots may reflect the number of people involved in making the choice between 20 different versions.
Or is it an "evolution" of standard markings on airport equipment in Italy ?
BGY Veh Markings.jpg

Grasping on straws here but maybe, just maybe, this is just a decoy. In order to keep secret the real new and nice and smart and inspiring logo that will be unveiled on 18NOV, and not this "thing".

H.A.

chrisflyer

Post by chrisflyer »

Totally incredible. And utterly shameful. While many former employees are having to find their way in a new walk of life, and Belgian taxpayers are waiting for the refund of their (already unacceptable) 250M+ funding, this mediocre company finds no better way to spend our (not its) money than to design a new logo and brand. C'est vraiment du belge...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

chrisflyer wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 22:44 Totally incredible. And utterly shameful. While many former employees are having to find their way in a new walk of life, and Belgian taxpayers are waiting for the refund of their (already unacceptable) 250M+ funding, this mediocre company finds no better way to spend our (not its) money than to design a new logo and brand. C'est vraiment du belge...
Why would the loan be unacceptable?

You'd rather have them bankrupt and BRU in trouble as well?

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

chrisflyer wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 22:44 Totally incredible. And utterly shameful. While many former employees are having to find their way in a new walk of life, and Belgian taxpayers are waiting for the refund of their (already unacceptable) 250M+ funding, this mediocre company finds no better way to spend our (not its) money than to design a new logo and brand. C'est vraiment du belge...
Jeez :roll:

It is perfectly normal for a company to update its brand image/logo once in a while. Especially in the aviation business. Air France did it, Lufthansa did it, Swiss did it, Austrian did it, Aegean did it, Iberia did it, .... all airlines do it. To refresh a brand is a good and positive sign (to employees, customers, outside world,...)

crew1990 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 11:51 After Swiss and Austrian, now Brussels Airlines beeing a network airline, why not "Belgian"

I like Brussels Airlines but it's to me too long on a airplane and just "Brussels" does not sound goods in my opinion.
I'm afraid changing the whole company name is too expensive... But yes, 'Belgian' would have been a better name. But they missed that opportunity at the start.

About the new logo itself: it will definitely need some getting used to... Not sure why the 'b' had to go. But like all logo's: it will grow on us. Let's hope the livery is beautiful!

Btw, I'm glad that with this new logo, LH clearly commits itself to the brand Brussels Airlines. The Eurowings-times are definitely over :)

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Boavida wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 00:15

It is perfectly normal for a company to update its brand image/logo once in a while. Especially in the aviation business. Air France did it, Lufthansa did it, Swiss did it, Austrian did it, Aegean did it, Iberia did it, .... all airlines do it. To refresh a brand is a good and positive sign (to employees, customers, outside world,...)

crew1990 wrote: 08 Nov 2021, 11:51 After Swiss and Austrian, now Brussels Airlines beeing a network airline, why not "Belgian"

I like Brussels Airlines but it's to me too long on a airplane and just "Brussels" does not sound goods in my opinion.
I'm afraid changing the whole company name would be too expensive... But yes, 'Belgian' would have been a better name. But they missed that opportunity at the start.

About the new logo itself: it will definitely need some getting used to... Not sure why the 'b' had to go. But like all logo's: it will grow on us. Let's hope the livery is beautiful!

Btw, I'm glad that with this new logo, LH clearly commits itself to the brand Brussels Airlines. The Eurowings-times are definitely over :)
Belgian or Belgium Airlines, probably too close to Air Belgium...

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Conti764 wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 00:17
Boavida wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 00:15

I'm afraid changing the whole company name would be too expensive... But yes, 'Belgian' would have been a better name. But they missed that opportunity at the start.

Belgian or Belgium Airlines, probably too close to Air Belgium...
Belgian would have been a better name... and indeed, why let the b go... this was appealing and strong : b l’île Brussels, Belgium, b xxx, etc...

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

About this "New Chapter" announcement: any chance there will be more news besides the new brand identity?

For example an announcement about a few new 787 or A350 for SN? ;)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I don't see the problem with Brussels, Brussels is a strong name around the world it's the second most pronounced city in the news after Washington!

I think it's stronger than Belgium if you ask people around the world at least I did they know Brussels better than Belgium it is true that they does not always manage to locate it but they know it.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

convair

Post by convair »

Airbus330lover wrote: 12 Nov 2021, 17:13 Farmaline logo ?
Indeed, that's more like it.

More seriously, is this really what SN expects to lure passengers with?

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

Boavida wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 09:58 About this "New Chapter" announcement: any chance there will be more news besides the new brand identity?

For example an announcement about a few new 787 or A350 for SN? ;)
And where should they come from and why ?

787 makes no sense with a recently renewed 333 fleet.
And all new 359 of the group are allocated until 2025.

The more logical investment already announced is to move to an all 320 fleet via gradual replacement of the 319 with NEOs

Samuel Zerilli

Post by Samuel Zerilli »

Arrival of OO-SSO scheduled for Thursday, November 18 at 0h55 on arrival. Also its first commercial flight with the new livery will go to Geneva on November 18 with a departure time of 19:25 (subject to changes).

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Saw this on Twitter.... :o

https://twitter.com/lukdewilde/status/1 ... 6816687108

Is this real?

BRU2MRU

Post by BRU2MRU »

Oh I will miss the b tails. This looks like a cross between Croatia Airlines, JAT and Vueling, if confirmed. A bit nondescript. I'm curious how this represents the Belgian identity; I wish the Belgian colours would be more prominent.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

BRU2MRU wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 22:52 Oh I will miss the b tails. This looks like a cross between Croatia Airlines, JAT and Vueling, if confirmed. A bit nondescript. I'm curious how this represents the Belgian identity; I wish the Belgian colours would be more prominent.
I'm agree with that the B tail could be the new S!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Guess it shows the one and only Brussels icon : The Atomium ?

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

If the above tail is real, it's gonna be an almost complete white livery.... Not sure how this will look :?

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

Boavida wrote: 14 Nov 2021, 11:20 If the above tail is real, it's gonna be an almost complete white livery.... Not sure how this will look :?
Just as any other group airline, from Lufthansa to Dolomiti.
Makes it easier to shift aircraft between the brands.

longwings

Post by longwings »

You probably overestimate the cost of developing a new corporate image. It does not break the bank when your other operating costs come from flying aircraft across a continent or two. Planes are repainted and refurbished at regular intervals. Other than the first aircraft (and maybe not even that one), planes will get the new livery whenever they are due for a new paint job. A few signs are going to have to be replaced in BRU...

longwings

Post by longwings »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 13 Nov 2021, 02:58 Belgian would have been a better name... and indeed, why let the b go... this was appealing and strong : b l’île Brussels, Belgium, b xxx, etc...
The vast majority of Belgians will know the name of "their" national airline even if it rebranded to Air Uluru. Brussels Airlines' brand is more important for connecting and inbound customers, and since Brussels is far better known throughout the world as a city (or a country) somewhere in Europe than Belgium is, a Belgium-centric name stands no chance.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Some fan-made liveries found on Twitter :D

https://mobile.twitter.com/la_livery/st ... 8951999488

I have to admit, I'm already starting to like the new logo! :o :P The bigger titles on the fuselage look great.

Personally I prefer the 4th livery, as I like a blue tail. But I think the real one will resemble the 3rd one (without the ugly b on the tail).