Brussels - post the winter updates here!

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sabena_690

Brussels - post the winter updates here!

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi all,

With more and more winter schedules coming online, I would appreciate it if everybody would post the updates he/she knows over here!

Some observations from my side:

x BRU stays a B737-station of MA (in comparision with the several F70-flights we had till a few months ago)

x OS has scheduled their new F100 on at least one daily flight between BRU and VIE

x EW will operate at least 2 daily flights between BRU and FRA on behalf of LH with BAe146 equipment

x BA has scheduled their new A321 on several flights to BRU (not immediately from the beginning because the 1st one still has to be delivered)

x It seems that the BMI A319 will be a very regular visitor from now on, together with a few A321 flights. A320's seem to have dissapeared on a lot of flights

x Although several B752's of IB will leave the fleet soon, they have still 2 scheduled B752 services a day to BRU

x KLM is again scheduling more F50's into BRU (which is good for regspotters with all the reregistered Fokkers)

x LH is planning a B735 on the early morning flight from BRU to MUC

x Although still a frequent visitor from BRU to MXP, the MD80 seems to be replaced on most daily services between BRU-FCO and BRU-LIN. Besides the current A319's and A321's used to BRU by AZ, also the A320 will become a frequent visitor. The ERJ170 is planned on the morning flight to LIN (the evening flight will be operated by an A319).

Of course, all this is SUBJECT TO CHANGE!

If you find mistakes, please post them here, and if you find more changes, please post them too!

The above is not really breaking news, but it's always nice to see a few changes.

Regards
Frederic

744rules

Post by 744rules »

Rumours ( :!: ) tell that SQC will increase their flights with 2 to 5 additional flts a week

could make sense as they had another freighter (9vsfo) delivered last week

Comet

Post by Comet »

Is the Airbus replacing BMI's ERJ on Brussels flights? Or are the Airbuses just on the Heathrow route? I thought that on their LBA-BRU run they used the ERJ.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

All Airbusses of BMI are LHR-based...

The ERJ's of BMI Regional operate from the regional airports in the week, but can also be seen at LHR (especially in weekends on a few EU-services, and on some domestic flights like LHR-MAN).

Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

Avro

Post by Avro »

Thanks for all this information Fred.

The best news is that AZ will be flying the ERJ-170 to BRU :D

Chris

sn26567

Re: Brussels - post the winter updates here!

Post by sn26567 »

Thanks for all your info, Frederic.
Sabena_690 wrote:x EW will operate at least 2 daily flights between BRU and FRA on behalf of LH with BAe146 equipment
With 5 or 6 seats abreast? Anything will be better than LH's AR8s...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Re: Brussels - post the winter updates here!

Post by Avro »

sn26567 wrote: With 5 or 6 seats abreast?
I'm afraid you'll have to fly them first before knowing the answer :?

I've checked https://www.aviation24.be/postlite2455-avro+seating.html but EW is an airline where I didn't found the seating :(

Anyway, it can't be worser than on LH's RJ's. ;)

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

There are certainly some interesting developments in the winter schedules. Although I will get very limited photo opportunities in November, it would be great to see the ERJ170 (probably my first unless I see any in September but I don't know if they operate into MAN at the moment.)

I am waiting to find out the times and days of the new CRJ service between Brussels and Ovideo.
Louise

Avro

Post by Avro »

Louise,

You can allready see the LOT ERJ170 in BRU coming every day.

Chris

Comet

Post by Comet »

Thanks for the info Chris, I hope I will see it when I go spotting, as I won't have time for spotting after we land because it will be lunchtime. I usually get more airport-spotting time before we go home (we fly home on a mid afternoon flight, 14:45 or something like that.)

In November it will be too dark when we are waiting to fly home, to see anything :(

I read that AZ wil operate an ERJ170 to MAN, but I don't know the schedules for that yet.
Louise

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Another update: the CRJ between BRU and MAD will be replaced by an A319 (!).

I'm glad that those birds will be moved to the EU (otherwise we had to go to MIA to see those birds).

Frederic

Comet

Post by Comet »

Sabena_690 wrote:Another update: the CRJ between BRU and MAD will be replaced by an A319 (!).

I'm glad that those birds will be moved to the EU (otherwise we had to go to MIA to see those birds).

Frederic
I'm really disappointed by that :cry: IB are replacing the CRJ on many services, they have done the same with their MAN CRJ service, from the end of July so I won't see the CRJ when we go in a few weeks. I am really wanting to get some good videos of the CRJ as I don't have much of it in my video collection, only back views. The IB one would have been perfect owing to its high visibility colours compared to MAN's other CRJ service operated by LH. I just love the climb away performance of the type.
Louise

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

744rules wrote:Rumours ( :!: ) tell that SQC will increase their flights with 2 to 5 additional flts a week

could make sense as they had another freighter (9vsfo) delivered last week
SQC winter schedule will (probably) see an increase in flights from 16 to 18.

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Comet: why not going to BCN and MAD? It's full over IB CRJ's there...

If I want to see BA planes, I also don't go to VIE ;)

Frederic

Comet

Post by Comet »

I'd love to go to BCN or MAD - one way on SNBA and another on IB if I can bag a ride in a CRJ. It's my own stupid fault that I have no video of the IB CRJ because like a silly idiot I switched from video to camera the other week in MAN because I wanted a photo as it was pushed back and prepared. I got some lovely photos, but the aircraft was away and climbing before I could get the video back on and focussed.

Great news as well about the SQC increase, I saw one of their 744s the other week from Wingtips, but it was too distant for me to be able to get a good photo, and too much was in front so it wouldn't have focussed well, but if there is an increase I hopefully will get more chances. I can never photograph too many 747s :mrgreen:

And I'm hoping for a chance to photograph the An124 at some time in a few weeks :mrgreen:
Louise

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

It seems Volareweb will leave Brussels. According to http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... 1739360/6/ they will cut the CTA-BRU and BRI-BRU route. I tried to book in december but it says: Sorry, there are no available flights going out on Fri, 17 Dec 04. (also tried other dates)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

blackhawk wrote:It seems Volareweb will leave Brussels. They will cut the CTA-BRU and BRI-BRU route.
These are seasonal routes. Look forward to see them again next summer!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Sunair/BA to start Billund-Brussels route

Sunair Scandinavia, a BA franchise partner, will inaugurate nonstop service from Billund to Brussels on November 1st with its newly acquired Dornier 328. The airline will operate 2 flights a day in codeshare with British Airways.

Source: http://www.justplanes.com

Nice to see a DO328 operating into BRU again soon after we lost Gandalf and Minerva (both went bankrupt).

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Avro

Post by Avro »

That's nice indeed Robin.

Will it be a 328 JEt or not ?

Will SN stop the codeshare with DM in order to start a new one with Sunair ??

Greetz
Chris

OO-VEX

Post by OO-VEX »

Avro wrote: Will SN stop the codeshare with DM in order to start a new one with Sunair ??
I have no idea if SN will codeshare with Sunair but what i know is that Cimber Air took over the CRJ's and their routes from DM. So on the BRU-BLL route we will see 2 new operators with Cimber Air and Sunair.

OO-VEX