Freebird Airlines emergency landing at Munich

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Novastar

Freebird Airlines emergency landing at Munich

Post by Novastar »

Just heard that a Freebird Airlines aircraft full of Sunjets/Jetair pax made an emergency landing at Munich airport due to possible hijack / bomb threat.

Anybody have more news ?

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
Flown: A319 / 320 / 321 / 350 - B737 / 757 / 767 / 777 / 787 - MD11 - Fokker 50 - Fairchild SA-227

CTBke

Re: Freebird Airlines emergency landing at Munich

Post by CTBke »

unruly pax since departure at BRU, so CPT made an emergency landing at MUC airport to take the pax away, he also said that there was a bomb on board but after search no bomb was found.
Citybird
The flying dream

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Flemish commercial tv VTM has an audio with a passenger:

http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/94141-v ... oodlanding

b-west

Post by b-west »

Just wondering, are any of the images used in the video of the actual landing, or just some random Freebird images VTM has found?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Passenger wrote:Flemish commercial tv VTM has an audio with a passenger:

Good afternoon Passenger,

Thank-you very much for the post. Could you add a small resume in English please for the non Dutch speaking members? Thank-you!

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. I would add it, but I'm in the office... ;-)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

"...Departure from Brussels was on Sunday around 21h. One male passenger, with non-Belgian looks, was already quite nervous whilst boarding. Crew asked him to be seated several times. Half an hour after take off, he stood up and shouted "Allah Akhbar" and then tried to enter the cockpit door. He failed, off course, and he then tried to open an emergency exit. Quite frightening, but by now, two or three male passengers were able to subdue him. Crew diverted to Munich. When German police came onboard to arrest him, he shouted that there was a bomb onboard. So we had to leave the plane. And by time the search was finished, the night curfew at Munich didn't allow a take off. So were taken to hotels..."

Jetairfly added that the lost holiday-day will be reïmbursed.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

b-west wrote:Just wondering, are any of the images used in the video of the actual landing, or just some random Freebird images VTM has found?
The plane about was the TC-FHE. On the video you can see the TC-FBT. The A321 is correct.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Passenger wrote:

"...Departure from Brussels was on Sunday around 21h. One male passenger, with non-Belgian looks, was already quite nervous whilst boarding. Crew asked him to be seated several times. Half an hour after take off, he stood up and shouted "Allah Akhbar" and then tried to enter the cockpit door. He failed, off course, and he then tried to open an emergency exit. Quite frightening, but by now, two or three male passengers were able to subdue him. Crew diverted to Munich. When German police came onboard to arrest him, he shouted that there was a bomb onboard. So we had to leave the plane. And by time the search was finished, the night curfew at Munich didn't allow a take off. So were taken to hotels..."

Jetairfly added that the lost holiday-day will be reïmbursed.
Thank-you!!!!!!! :-)

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: Jetairfly added that the lost holiday-day will be reïmbursed.
That a lovely sentence to be published in the newspapers; the reality is different, according to one of the passengers : (in french) :

http://voyageforum.com/discussion/jetai ... -d6595136/

Part translation by Google and me :

this is the official communication. In fact, absolutely no follow-up.

No email, not even the smallest beginning of SMS. After returning from our week in Kalkan / Kas, I had a look at the contact options on the site: of course, the only possible telephone contact is by a paying line. There is no question that I leave them a penny more, so I filled out a contact form first. No response 48 hours later. I filled another form of contact, complaint more specifically, still no response.

Meanwhile I received an automated by mail:
"Your opinion counts, rate your flight Jetairfly.com."

I finally found an online email contact Florence Bruyère, quoted in the article. She replied quickly, normal it's her job:
"Dear Mr ***
For your information, I immediately forwarded your mail to our customer service who will follow up with you.
Sincerely, etc ... "

This morning Wednesday, June 11, I got this email :

"Sir, Madam,
Your file has been saved and an investigation will be opened within two weeks.
The duration of this investigation can vary from 6 to 8 weeks depending on the nature of the problem and the destination. Thank you already
You will of course receive a written reply when the file is closed.
Sincerely,

Secretarial Quality Control "

So they open an investigation, oops they open an investigation, but attention : 6 to 8 weeks !

I don't know if more resourceful passengers have lodged a complaint but frankly that would be worth it.
Zero points, Jetairfly is catastrophic.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.