SN launches new website

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

tolipanebas

SN launches new website

Post by tolipanebas »

RoMax

Re: SN launches new website.

Post by RoMax »

At first sight it looks good, but I still have to figure out all the features ;p First thing I tried was using IATA codes to search for destinations (something which was really annoying on the previous website) and yes it works. :mrgreen:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

First page on first time: country and language automatically detected ! Nice feature.

First impression: lean and clean. Selection of destinations by countries rather than alphabetical order of destinations: good. After that, the booking engine remains unchanged.

SN2014 to Brasil: 56 seats left at 3,499 €.....

I will need more time to check all the possibilities...
André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

There's a video to show you all features which are already available on:
http://player.vimeo.com/video/91521428

The booking engine will be changed in the coming months as SN will turn itself into an à carte airline, allowing people to book loads of new travel and product options through the booking engine. ;)

b720

Post by b720 »

A lot of sizzle, and no steak!! The booking engine, still the old (ancient) one..
If I'm not mistaken one can't book multi segment, nor view the different fares of each flight..
i.e. no option to book in blite one way, and b.flex or C class in another... they could have at least
copy pasted the booking engine of LH or LX, even OS is excellent.
if they're in the process of updating the booking engine, then was a mistake to launch an incomplete
website..

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Today they only launched the new website, the whole e-commerce platform will change this summer. Everything will be based on a platform of Datalex:
https://www.datalex.com/

I don't agree it's a mistake to launch the website already. For most 'normal' passengers the look and 'feeling' of the website is very imporant while they don't have the knowledge to judge the e-commerce platform/booking engine itself. The new website is long overdue and it was time to launch it.

I also read on their website that they will launch a mobile app by the end of the year and besides the new booking engine (complete new e-commerce platform) new online features will be introduced over the comming months.

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Look nice!
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Had a look at it and I agree with what others have said before: the new website looks very modern and soft on the eyes. I am sure they'll be able to attract more bookings from it after the upgrade, which is the whole point of it, I am sure.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Looks good! Finally a modern design.

I hope Brussels Airport follows the example... (their website is a DISGRACE)

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Translations into English and French are horrible. Of course, made by a "perfect drietalige" Belgian :roll:
French is my first language and I immediately noticed that the French language used is terrible.
And even if English is not my first language, I quickly noticed a few translation mistakes into English (it is obvious that the original text is Dutch ; no problem with that, but let professional translators working into their mother tongue do the job, instead of leaving it to a "perfect drietalige" Flemish editor.

Otherwise, at first glance, the new home page looks refreshing and pleasant. After using it more often we will see if it meets our expectations.
In favor of quality air travel.

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

On the other hand, what are the chances to find a "drietalige" francophone editor...? 8-)

SN22667

Post by SN22667 »

Is there a seating plan ?

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

Boavida wrote:On the other hand, what are the chances to find a "drietalige" francophone editor...?
None. I never said it nor implied it in my contribution.

Never expect to find someone who would be able to write in three languages without making mistakes. Such people are extremely rare and and as "rare human resources" they would probably not work for the salary paid by b.air.

Let professional translators translate the original version into the other languages.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/c ... green.aspx

This page of the new website is full of crap. "To reduce the weight of our aircraft we are reducing the amount of potable water on board". It would have been preferable to say "the quantity of drinking water", but ok, you will say I am quibbling. But please tell me what flight attendants do if they run out of drinking water. Do pax get champagne for free ?

But let's move to a more seroius subject.

On the page referenced above, they say "The airstairs of our BOEINGS have been removed..." and under "Wings" : "4 (which should be written in full : four) of our BOEINGS are equipped...".

Am I drunk tonight or is it now confirmed that the editor(s) of the new website (like many b.air employees btw, except technical employees, pilots and f/a) are AMATEURS.

As far as I know only Korongo has one Boeing 737 ; b.air as such has NO Boeing aircraft.

Also from the new web site :
http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/c ... fleet.aspx

The new website is full of mistakes and rubbish. Another missed opportunity.

I seldom use very strong language, but now I dare to ask : when is Gustin going to get rid of these amateurs ?

tey

Post by tey »

Sorry that you're not very well informed.
The B737 (OO-LTM) operating for Korongo Airlines is fully owned by Brussels Airlines but wetleased to Korongo Airlines (thus maintained and flow by Brussels Airlines employees in Congo) - so... yes, Brussels Airlines still has 1 B737 in its fleet.

tey

Post by tey »

Air Key West wrote: As far as I know only Korongo has one Boeing 737 ; b.air as such has NO Boeing aircraft.
Incorrect... OO-LTM is owned and operated by Brussels Airlines. It is still part of the Brussels Airlines fleet - but wetleased to Korongo Airines (operated and maintained by Brussels Airlines employees in FBM) So technically... the info on the website is totally correct.

RTM

Post by RTM »

Ans the comment about the potable water is totally correct as well... Wich is not drinking water btw... Drinking water is carried in bottles. Potable water however is suplied to the boilers and coffeemakers, in that sense it is drinkable. But why carry eg 200 litres (= 200 kg), when 100 litres is sufficient...? Makes sense... no?

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Indeed, RTM.
Potable water is in a large tank in the belly and is used to brew for instance coffee with.
Drinking water comes from a bottle and is served directly in a glass.
They are thus 2 different things, so there's no translation error whatsoever.
And indeed one of the measures is to no longer fill up the 200 litre tank with potable water any longer, if we're just going to LHR for instance....

BTW- since you like correct phraseology, did you ever try to read ryanair's website in Dutch?
It's full of language errors like: "Als u denkt dat (...) dan heeft u het niet goed gedaan", right on their first page even. :lol:

SFM

Post by SFM »

I think the website looks good, but there are indeed some small errors.
For example, on the 'Fleet'-page, the plural form of 'aircraft' is 'aircraft' and not 'aircrafts'.
Maybe someone with a degree in English (or a native speaker) should review it.

Air Key West

Post by Air Key West »

tolipanebas wrote:Indeed, RTM.Potable water is in a large tank in the belly and is used to brew for instance coffee with.Drinking water comes from a bottle and is served directly in a glass.They are thus 2 different things, so there's no translation error whatsoever. And indeed one of the measures is to no longer fill up the 200 litre tank with potable water any longer, if we're just going to LHR for instance.... BTW- since you like correct phraseology, did you ever try to read ryanair's website in Dutch? It's full of language errors like: "Als u denkt dat (...) dan heeft u het niet goed gedaan", right on their first page even.
Thanks for the clarification. So, my mistake, indeed. Learned something again.
And no, I never looked at the Dutch version (or any version) of Ryanair's website, as I don't have the intention to fly with them, I don't care. I just had a quick look at the website out of curiosity a few years ago. I didn't like, but I didn't care.

As to b.air, there is a French saying that goes "Qui aime bien, châtie bien". Difficult to translate. Looked it up and all I could find was : "Tough love" (or Love/hate relationship).

It just makes me feel like crying when I see mistakes that could easily be avoided made by an airline I would love to be prosperous and which, in the end, I like (Qui aime bien, châtie bien).

As I work in the field of Communication, I'm probably oversensitive to comunication mistakes which I immediately spot (which doesn't mean that I never make mistakes - potable vs. drinking water :oops: ).
Isn't it great that we can discuss all this thanks to Luchtzak ?

tey wrote:Air Key West wrote:As far as I know only Korongo has one Boeing 737 ; b.air as such has NO Boeing aircraft.Incorrect... OO-LTM is owned and operated by Brussels Airlines. It is still part of the Brussels Airlines fleet - but wetleased to Korongo Airines (operated and maintained by Brussels Airlines employees in FBM) So technically... the info on the website is totally correct.
BTW, the new website is the Brussels Airlines website, not Korongo's.

If the info on the new website is totally correct ("4 of our Boeings are equipped with winglets..."), where are the other Boeings and especially the four or three others equipped with winglets ?