Pre-flight announcements need not be dull: Air New Zealand

This is the forum to place all your aviation videos and clips: events, air disasters, crashes, spectacular landings, etc...
sn26567

Pre-flight announcements need not be dull: Air New Zealand

Post by sn26567 »

Air New Zealand definitely knows how to make pre-flight announcements interesting:

André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer

Re: Pre-flight announcements need not be dull: Air New Zeala

Post by Inquirer »

I agree it's eye catching just like their Hobbit safety demo, but they risk coming in the middle of a PR storm with this latest video, as some deem it to be sexist.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/ookdatnog/1.1871371

Comet

Post by Comet »

Air New Zealand don't make anything interesting.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:I agree it's eye catching just like their Hobbit safety demo, but they risk coming in the middle of a PR storm with this latest video, as some deem it to be sexist.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/ookdatnog/1.1871371
Air New Zealand (ANZ) has been accused of objectifying women after releasing a safety video featuring Sports Illustrated swimsuit models.

ANZ gave online viewers a behind the scenes look at “Safety in Paradise” last week, which was shot in the Cook Islands and features some of the biggest names in modelling.

The airline teamed up with Sports Illustrated’s iconic swimsuit franchise on the eve of the magazine’s 50th anniversary.

The video (post above) included a guest appearance from supermodel Christie Brinkley.

Feminist commentator and lecturer at New Zealand’s Massey University, Dr Deborah Russell, told the New Zealand Telegraph she is worried male passengers are going to be sat next to her “leering at the beautiful women on the screen”.

My concern is that as a woman I get on a plane to go to a business meeting and I am confronted by women in bikinis in what are highly sexualised images. That jars,” she said.

I want to be taken seriously but it seems that suddenly they are saying that my sexuality is all that matters about me.

An ANZ spokesperson said: “Safety in Paradise has been tested extensively with a cross-section of customers and staff to ensure we strike the right balance between entertainment and conveying important safety messages.

"Given this edition of our safety video celebrates 50 years of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit, it's natural that we feature some of the magazine's best-known models.

"As the video is shot in a beach setting, it's entirely appropriate they're wearing beachwear, and we were careful to ensure all talent were in appropriate wardrobe choices
."

The video will be progressively rolled out across Air New Zealand fleet from the end of February.

Source: BBT
André
ex Sabena #26567

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

After the bodypainted,the hobbit, the lord of the rings, now bikini babes..
ANZ is giving us great safetydemo's and be real... You watch them everytime..
Can't say that I watch for it with LH,BA,others...
Nice that one airline is making efforts on this , and it's great promotion worldwide for them!

That some girls are offended by this it says more of them then of ANZ..
Start living in these times with Miley Cyrus , Gaga and all lot of other girlies...

We had a little nice one here with JAF marie and louise and the TC Studio 100 demos..
Regret they are gone now..

If you want people to look at it, start doing it like this ...

THX again ANZ, didn't flew you once but sure know where the exits are :lol:

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

dna

Post by dna »

I thought this was one was equally good, for all those fans of The Golden Girls and Love Boat.

http://youtu.be/O-5gjkh4r3g

Comet

Post by Comet »

cathay belgium wrote: THX again ANZ, didn't flew you once
CXB
How fortunate you are not to have flown ANZ!
Louise

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Auch.. bad expierence ?

Newer planes,lovely advertisements,nice liveries..
Seemed to me a modern dynamic company...

But guess it just to far, the place they are flying for from europe, that in the end you can't enjoy it anymore..
+26h is just too much,no ?

Would have loved to fly the , round the world iternary ... :)
Friends of my have flown Brussels Asiaway to Auckland and returned by LAX with AIr New Zealand as their Quantas flight from Auckland to LHR ,or just one leg of it was cancelled..

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

Comet

Post by Comet »

Our experience with ANZ was not good. The problems started before we even got to the airport. We had booked a long haul trip with a few stops - LHR-LAX-SYD-AKL-HNL-LAX-LHR. When we phoned to reconfirm the flight bookings we were told that the flights had been cancelled as soon as the ticket had been issued. This monumental cock up meant a dash to get back onto the flights or we would lose an expensive holiday through no fault of our own. We didn't get onto one of the flights we had been booked on - a flight from AKL-HNL via Fiji, we were put on a non stop instead. This meant that we would have got home from holiday a day earlier than we would otherwise have done, so we complained and eventually ANZ put us into a dingy hotel in LAX for the night. The ANZ cabin crews left alot to be desired, talking to passengers like they were dirt. The inflight "food" was awful, I was served a meal consisting of something I had told them I could not eat,
All in all, a horrible airline to fly on. The worst airline I have ever experienced.
Louise