spotting at Helsinki-Vanta (HEL)

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

EB-Air

spotting at Helsinki-Vanta (HEL)

Post by EB-Air »

Hello!

wednesday 11 june I'm flying to Helsinki with SN5339 (sorry Bart, operated by Finnair), and I'm coming back on sunday 15 june with SN2334.

On saturday, I will be free for the whole day, and would like spotting. Can someone give me some information about spotting at Helsinki? Are there a lot of spotting possibilities in the terminal, or nearby (walking distance)? Any interesting links (I've tried the official airport-website, but couldn't find anything...). Thank in advance!

When I booked this trip, the SN-website told me that the outbound flight (SN5339) would be with an A319 of Finnair leaving BRU at 17:00, and the inbound flight (SN2334) with an Avro of SN. Now the website told me that the first flight will be operated with an A320 and will leave 1 hour later than mentionned on my ticket :?: The returning flight will be on the A319 of SN (lucky me!) :D Bart, will you be on that flight, or are you only flying the Avro and BAe :?:

Regards,
Ben

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Ben,

I only fly RJ's and 146 but in 2 days I will follow my A319-course. The spotting-tips I can't help you with but can you make pictures of the meals ? Would be very nice on the site ;-)

thanks, greetings,

Bart

EB-Air

Post by EB-Air »

Ok, I've already had the intention of taking pictures of the meals, but now I'm extra motivated :wink:

Succes with your A319-training! Next time i'm going to fly SN, I will notice you earlier, would like a cockpit-visit 8)

Regards,
Ben

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Hi EB-Air,

A spotter who knows a lot about HEL (and worldwide airports in general) mailed me the following:

"Past the check in rows in the departure terminal goes a stairs to the first floor. There is a small platform from which you can spot 1/2 of the tarmac (from clean windows).
Just past this, there is a cafetaria (very expensive!).

You wont see the domestic and cargo ramp, but you can always go to the highest floor of the car park.

You can walk into the whole departure hall, and enjoy the movements on the apron. Taking pictures is also possible.

Very nearby there is also an Air-museum, in which a CV440 of AY is stored. Somewhere on the tarmac there is also a DC3."

Regards
Frederic

Avro

Post by Avro »

On the finnair site, they say it'll be an A319 departing at 17:55 I've also checked on SNBA's site and on biac's site both also say the departure time is 17:55.

Enjoy the A319 of SNBA :wink:

Greetz
Chris
8)

EB-Air

Post by EB-Air »

Frederic, thanks for your help! I hope that I will have enough time and that the weather will be good enough...
Avro wrote:Enjoy the A319 of SNBA
I sure will do! :wink:

Regards,
Ben