Difference between Austrian and Lauda?

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

Captain

Difference between Austrian and Lauda?

Post by Captain »

I've always wondered: what's the difference between Austrian Airlines and Lauda?

Did Austrian acquire Lauda recently and place it under it's organisation whilst keeping the Lauda brand? or do both companies still operate separately.

What are each of the airline's specialities?

Captain

Avro

Post by Avro »

If I'm not mistaken Lauda does more leisure routes. But they have a great service though.

Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Lauda has become a 100% subsidiary pf Austrian. As Chris said, they operate mainly charter routes, but also some scheduled ones, like BRU-BTS, on behalf of Austrian!
André
ex Sabena #26567

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I flew to Wien with Austrian airlines and I must say I had a very good flight! They have very professional staff. I took the flight to Wien and had to take another flight departing from Wien to Prague in only 20 minutes...and we made it with ease! I must say Wien is a really good transfer-airport! Maybe BRU can learn from their example?

Greetz!

EB-Air

Post by EB-Air »

Isn't Austrian Airlines Group reorganising and that in future Lauda will be the charter-division, Austrian the mainline carrier and Austrian Arrows (operated by Tyrolean) the regional carrier?

I thought that Lauda's 777's will be repainted in austrian-livery...

Regards,
Ben

Jumbolino

Post by Jumbolino »

Ben, that's exactly the same I have heard,
but - Niki Lauda himself has an new airline, seems that he wants to know it in his old aged days again ;-)

Captain

Post by Captain »

It all makes a bit more sense now.

Thanks for all the info.

Captain