DHL to change its name

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Avro

DHL to change its name

Post by Avro »

According to Luchvaartnieuws.nl:

Een van de oudste bedrijven in de geschiedenis van de luchtvracht, DHL Airways, gaat zijn naam veranderen. Vanaf volgende maand gaat de maatschappij Astar Air Cargo heten.....

In English:

DHL will change its name to Astar Cargo.

I my opinion it's a horrible name :evil: DHL was much nicer. Hope they 'll keep their yellow livery.

So If you want to see some nice DHL Aircrafts you'll have to hurry.

Greetz
Chris
:twisted: Proud to be a spotter :twisted:

Avro

Post by Avro »

I think I made a mistake, apparently its just DHL in the USA that'll change its name !?! :?

Chris

EB-Air

Post by EB-Air »

Chris,

I've found the following on Airliners.net

Cargo carrier DHL Airways will change its name to AStar Air Cargo in a move to quash concerns about foreign participation in the airline.

The Miami-based cargo airline expects to make the change on June 30, the same day that a group of US investors led by DHL Airways chairman and chief executive John Dasburg is set to buy the company for $57 million (£35m).

Deutsche Post, the German postal system, currently holds a 25% voting stake in DHL Airways, which critics and competitors say violates US law limiting the stake a foreign entity can hold in a domestic airline. The US Department of Transportation is investigating.

The airline's biggest customer, DHL Worldwide Express, is the US partner of Deutsche Post.

The name change will reinforce the reality that DHL Airways is not a corporate affiliate of DHL Worldwide Express and does not intend to confine its commercial activities to fulfilling its contract with DHL Worldwide Express, the company said.

In the coming months, the airline will incorporate the new name and logo throughout all of its marketing and operations functions.

So, it is only DHL Airways that is changing its name, not the DHL-group. DHL is a part of Deutsche Post, and is the biggest customer of DHL Airways (now AStar Air Cargo). DHL Airways will show that they are not a part of Deutsche Post, so I guess it will be easier for them flying for other companies... Maybe they want to operate as a subcontractor for other companies, but imagine that that will be difficult in the DHL-livery and name... :roll:

Regards,
Ben

airDD

Post by airDD »

Only the US airliner will change it name.

US carriers must be at least 51% US owned.

the airliner will be sold to one of the founders of DHL.

FEDEX & UPS are trying to keep DHL out of the US domestic market by claiming DHL is German :)

airDD

Lyulka

Post by Lyulka »

so the dc8 will receive a new cs?

vliegtuigfreak

Post by vliegtuigfreak »

Damn, DHL is such a beautiful name with a nice yellow livery
If the name change to Astar Air Cargo, gonna change the colors to?
I Like that yellow!!!!!

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

vliegtuigfreak,

It is only the us arm of the company that will change it’s name, DHL Airways and not European air Transport or so. Look at EB-Air’s Text.

Greetz,

Dave