Adria closes IST, LGW, CDG and WAW

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

rwandan-flyer

Adria closes IST, LGW, CDG and WAW

Post by rwandan-flyer »

EX-YU Aviation News - 02.08.2011
Over the weekend Adria Airways revealed it will cut high profile destinations such as Istanbul, Paris, London and Warsaw. It will also shed a part of its fleet and workforce. The airline’s management yesterday said that Adria’s survival is vital for the Slovenian economy and its demise would cause a domino effect across the country. .

http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?un ... ber=114232
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

RoMax

Re: Adria closes IST, LGW, CDG and WAW

Post by RoMax »

According to another source LH is likely to take over the slots at these airports. As they start LGW this winter out of FRA, they serve all these destinations and they work closely together with Adria.

I've seen reactions about this news and it seems some are suprised by the destinations, but others wonder if there even are profitable destinations for Adria. But they also mention BRU as an exeption...What makes BRU so different/better for Adria? Or don't these people know what they are talking about?

Stij

Post by Stij »

MR_Boeing wrote:What makes BRU so different/better for Adria? Or don't these people know what they are talking about?
Government traffic from / to the EU...

Cheers,

Stij

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Stij wrote: Government traffic from / to the EU...
Yes, I know that, but is the amount of government traffic between BRU/EU and Slovenia so big? If I remember well Adria flies 2 daily with a combination of CRJ200, CRJ900 and A319.
BTW, do SN and Adria work together (except for the BRU-LJU route itself)?

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Slovenija is a very beautiful country too! I guess they have some leisure traffic on that route also...
And don't forget there is a monopoly on the BRU-LJU route.
CDG is flown by AF, London by BA (and EZY?) and WAW certainly by LOT...