Please keep one day of spotting at Brussels in 1 topic

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

luchtzak

Please keep one day of spotting at Brussels in 1 topic

Post by luchtzak »

Spotters,

we are aware that you all like to show your pictures but keep them in 1 topic on the same date just to keep a good overview in the planespotting-forum.

greetings,

Bart
:rock:
Last edited by luchtzak on 21 Sep 2004, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Take a look at 15th September!

There are logs in 4 different topics!

Come on folks Look to see what else has been posted before you make a new topic.

Meerkat

Avro

Post by Avro »

I totally agree with you Bart and Meerkat.

A while ago we had a topic telling us that we should try to make a specific title for spotting logs (It's the first sticky topic in this forum). Sorry I can't make any links, since this stupid computer at university can't do any cut and past apparently and isn't working properly. :?

Anyway, I would suggest that we apply this rule from now on because it's really becoming annoying when you see 4 or 5 different topics about the same few hours spend at 25L.

This is what I propose as topic titles:

Just for the log -> LOG BRU 21/09/2004

Log and pictures -> LOG BRU 21/09/2004 + pictures

only pictures -> PICS BRU 21/09/2004

If another person then can add the log to a topic only having the pictures or vise versa the title could be changed.

This would make life much more easier for everybody.

What do you think ?

Greetz
Chris 8)

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

This is a very good suggestion Chris! Let me work this out.

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

I agree with Avro's suggestion

Comet

Post by Comet »

A good suggestion Chris, but what about posts which are pictures and report but not log? I take log to mean a list of regs/aircraft type/airline, whereas report is a more descriptive posting, something like a flight report. I class my own 12th September topic as pictures and report and not pictures and log because I didn't get a log but wrote about what I saw and the events, so that couldn't go in a log thread, or a pictures only thread. Sorry if I'm being confusing here but I know what I mean.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

let's make it:

Just for the log/report -> LOG/REPORT BRU 21/09/2004

Log/report and pictures -> LOG/REPORT BRU 21/09/2004 + pictures

only pictures -> PICS BRU 21/09/2004

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

I am thinking of making a new forum called 'log-reports'-forum. Dedicated for all the log-reports.

The 'planespotting'-forum will be for pictures and the rest.

Opinion please?

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

luchtzak wrote:I am thinking of making a new forum called 'log-reports'-forum. Dedicated for all the log-reports.

The 'planespotting'-forum will be for pictures and the rest.

Opinion please?

Best suggestion so far (for me). I think you mean that we will have (if everyone follows the rules) 2 topics for the same day, one for the logs in the new forum-section and one for the logs in the "planespotting-forum". Am I thinking right?

Avro

Post by Avro »

Didn't saw this topic still existed, I thought you removed it Bart. But in fact it's just not sticky anymore.

As I already said in the other topic, I'm glad you liked my proposition, but I would also keep everything in the planespotting forum. We already have enough forums IMO.

Louise,

You can always write a report and place some pictures in it. We are just taking about the titles. IF everybody makes different titles it's not realy simple to find the logs back in the forums. By making all titles look the same you can easily and more quickly find them.

Chris