Brussels Airlines OO-VEN : loss of cabin pressure

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Aircraft737

Brussels Airlines OO-VEN : loss of cabin pressure

Post by Aircraft737 »

Hi!

I read this forum on a daily basis and i decided to subscribe tonight to inform you of this double incident involving OO-VEN ;

June 27 th ;

A Brussels Airlines Boeing 737-300, registration OO-VEN performing flight SN-3249 from Brussels (Belgium) to Athens (Greece) with 125 passengers and 5 crew, was enroute at FL350 just short of top of descent when the crew donned their oxygen masks and initiated an emergency descent due to loss of cabin pressure. The crew subsequently indicated they did not need emergency services, expected a normal landing and just wanted to proceed to the gate after touchdown. The aircraft continued for a safe landing on Athens' runway 03R about 25 minutes later.

The aircraft was able to depart Athens for the return flight SN-3250 after about 3 hours on the ground and reached Brussels with a delay of 2 hours.

The aircraft suffered another emergency descent the following day, see Incident: Brussels B733 near Frankfurt on Jun 28th 2011, emergency descent.

Thus, June 28th :

A Brussels Airlines Boeing 737-300, registration OO-VEN performing flight SN-2901 from Brussels (Belgium) to Vienna (Austria), was enroute at FL370 about 40nm westnorthwest of Frankfurt/Main (Germany) when the crew initiated an emergency descent to FL100. The aircraft subsequently returned to Brussels for a safe landing on runway 25L about 35 minutes later.

A replacement Boeing 737-300 registration OO-VEX reached Vienna with a delay of 3:45 hours.

The airline confirmed a technical problem.

The incident aircraft had suffered the loss of cabin pressure the previous day.

I'm happy for them the press hasn't been aware of that incident. Basically, i'm sure they are, but they always try to bash low cost carriers such as FR...unfortunately.

regi

Re: Brussels Airlines OO-VEN : loss of cabin pressure

Post by regi »

I can not stand physically such a situation because of a issue with my balance. I have not endured yet such a situation. But I guess I would leave the airplane unconcious on a stretcher, as happened with a friend at Vienna.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Aircraft737 wrote:I decided to subscribe tonight to inform you of this double incident involving OO-VEN.
Welcome to Luchtzak.

When quoting another source, please mention the origin of your information, in this case The Aviation Herald.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

I was going to mention the origin, and i forgot by the end of my message...Sorry :-)

Anyway, that reminds me the multiple flaps incidents involving a SN plane a couple of monhts ago. But, as always, we may not speculate...

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

Aircraft737 wrote:But, as always, we may not speculate...
you are right. you/we don't know the origin of the solution nor what exactly happened...

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

All i could say is this : if this double incident would involve a Ryanair aircraft ( or another LCC ), the press would have been much more talkative...But when it's their beloved national airline, they are very quiet...That's not fair. Just my 2 cents...

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

Aircraft737 wrote:All i could say is this : if this double incident would involve a Ryanair aircraft ( or another LCC ), the press would have been much more talkative...But when it's their beloved national airline, they are very quiet...That's not fair. Just my 2 cents...
Well isn't that a good thing hahahaha
Some of the messages on here are like they say in french : du n'inmporte quoi!!!

DeltaWiskey

Post by DeltaWiskey »

I wouldn't say SN is our "beloved national pride". The flap incidents were surely picked up by the media and it appeared in some newspapers.

There happens so much in the aviation world that "the media" cannot report everything on radio or tv... And they have to be informed as well in time (one way or another), the story isn't spicy enough anymore if it happened half a week ago...

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

Concerning the flaps incidents : there were 4 or 5 incidents within a few days with the same aircraft !! That's pretty normal the press was informed...

You might be right, but the belgian press had been quite dramatic ( " un avion de Ryanair chute de 8000 m ", they said ) about the FR decompression ( Bristol - Gerona ) a few years ago. Here, we have 2 decompressions with the same plane, a belgian aircraft, with belgian people onboard....and no news at all :-) That's a bit suspicious...But ok, that's my point of view...

cnc

Post by cnc »

Aircraft737 wrote:Concerning the flaps incidents : there were 4 or 5 incidents within a few days with the same aircraft !! That's pretty normal the press was informed...

You might be right, but the belgian press had been a quite dramatic ( " un avion de Ryanair chute de 8000 m ", they said ) about the FR decompression ( Bristol - Gerona ) a few years ago. Here, we have 2 decompressions with the same plane, a belgian aircraft, with belgian people onboard....and no news at all :-) That's a bit suspicious...But ok, that's my point of view
so in other words you prefere to have some journalist (who doesn't know the difference between boeing and airbus) writing a sensation article about 2 SN incidents.

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

Not at all ! I didn't say that...I was just wondering why journalists always bash LCC, even for minor incidents.

Anyway...any news about this double incident? At this stage, they should now know what caused these decompressions.

Rem : OO-VEN seems to be AOG.

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

This is the difference between LCC and the 'beloved national carrier' like you prefer calling SN.
In case of an LCC has a technical problem, they leave their pax stranded without a solution. In case of a full service carrier, pax are taken care of. Even if it comes with a delay.
So you can understand that media like to 'jump' on it when in the first case, pax are stranded and have to find a solution themselves. That is just how it is. That is why they are called low cost carriers. They just provide you with the flight. Can't understand why stranded pax complain. This is the risk they take when they opt for a LCC.
Does anyone know if one of the pax got injured during this loss of cabin pressure?

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

diminbru wrote:This is the difference between LCC and the 'beloved national carrier' like you prefer calling SN.
In case of an LCC has a technical problem, they leave their pax stranded without a solution. In case of a full service carrier, pax are taken care of. Even if it comes with a delay.
So you can understand that media like to 'jump' on it when in the first case, pax are stranded and have to find a solution themselves. That is just how it is. That is why they are called low cost carriers. They just provide you with the flight. Can't understand why stranded pax complain. This is the risk they take when they opt for a LCC.
Does anyone know if one of the pax got injured during this loss of cabin pressure?
I'm sorry but this is absolutely false ! I know the Ryanair procedures very well ( i'm a flight operations dispatcher ) and i can tell you they send a spare aircraft if there's a technical diversion. I can show you a few examples where FR sent a spare aircraft to accomodate their passengers. When a flight is cancelled, it is only ( or 99,99 % of the time ) for weather reasons, or " force majeure " , strikes, etc...AND when it's worth to cancel this single service to let this particular aircraft be able to operate its remaining schedule of the day. In other words, it is to minimize the flight disruptions. I'm sure there's at least a FR crew member on this forum who could confirm you this. Check these links out, and you'll get a proof :

http://avherald.com/h?article=43d87b13&opt=1

http://avherald.com/h?article=43a2d964&opt=1

http://avherald.com/h?article=43d84bcf&opt=1

One thing is true : in a case of a cancellation with a LCC, it might be a temporary mess for passengers ; they often have to pay for their hotel, and the airline gives them a refund a bit later.

About the SN incidents : i believe every pax was okay...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

diminbru wrote:This is the difference between LCC and the 'beloved national carrier' like you prefer calling SN.
Are taken care of ? By SN better than FR ?
Remember 16 april last :
http://www.rtl.be/info/vous/temoignage/ ... ruxelles-/
in :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44737

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

airazurxtror wrote:
Are taken care of ? By SN better than FR ?
Remember 16 april last :
http://www.rtl.be/info/vous/temoignage/ ... ruxelles-/
in :
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44737
well like it's said, there are no SN bashers in media (or maybe RTL is an exception) but they are all on here...lolol
sorry for you to say, but I had a friend who was a pax on that airplane. All pax got taken care off and all arrived at their destination.

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

Indeed !! :-)

But i wanted to clarify something ; i'm no SN basher at all ; i like them as well. And i'm a FR fan ( i never had a problem with them, and i'm a very frequent customer ).

I talked to a friend who's working for SN ( as a cabin crew member ) this afternoon ; he didn't know about this incident. I hope we'll get further information soon.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

diminbru wrote: All pax got taken care off and all arrived at their destination.
Well, it's the very least they could do, isn't ?
And the same can be said of Ryanair passengers; perhaps there are fewer incidents at Ryanair because they don't fly whith hand-me-down aircraft that other LCC don't want anymore ...

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

airazurxtror wrote:
diminbru wrote: All pax got taken care off and all arrived at their destination.
And the same can be said of Ryanair passengers; perhaps there are fewer incidents at Ryanair because they don't fly whith hand-me-down aircraft that other LCC don't want anymore ...
yes of course; but maybe SN should start finding financial funds somewhere else like treathening airports to leave them when they don't get the amount of money (subventions). And also threaten aircraft builders and buy lots of new aircraft...good strategy :lol:
sorry for being so ironic but you guess you know who i'm talking about...

Aircraft737

Post by Aircraft737 »

diminbru wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:
yes of course; but maybe SN should start finding financial funds somewhere else like treathening airports to leave them when they don't get the amount of money (subventions). And also threaten aircraft builders and buy lots of new aircraft...good strategy :lol:
sorry for being so ironic but you guess you know who i'm talking about...
This is called " business ". Many many airports are happy to have Ryanair. For instance, MAD now has 15 FR based aircraft ( and a total of 110 FR daily flights ). All that within 2 years approximately! I'm sure they'd like to keep this situation...

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

Aircraft737 wrote:This is called " business ". Many many airports are happy to have Ryanair. For instance, MAD now has 15 FR based aircraft ( and a total of 110 FR daily flights ). All that within 2 years approximately! I'm sure they'd like to keep this situation...
I hope you are kidding...if threatening is business well then maybe the maffia is doing good business...
If business is that Airbus doens't even want to talk to you anymore and Boeing is going to do the same...then I don't think you are doing a good 'business'
you forget to mention what happens in Germany right now. And oh yes...Reus (it's also a spanish airport...)

But I guess we are going off topic here...MAJOR