Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

brusselsairlinesfan

Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) infrastructure: future

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Could someone post pics of the whole renewed entrance facade @ BRU please ?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 02:10 Could someone post pics of the whole renewed entrance facade @ BRU please ?
Maybe you can see it by yourself 😉. In the days of high security, but also before, is rather a strange question.

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Atlantis wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 10:10
Maybe you can see it by yourself 😉. In the days of high security, but also before, is rather a strange question.
Yeah, right :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Lux_avi wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 10:20
Yeah sure, for you can be very funny but we will never forget what happened in March 2016. So to see such a question immediately looks odd. Even if he/she will not harm.
The same reaction would be if somebody will ask you to take a picture of the whole facade of an embassy.

So, you can laugh with my post, but we don't

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Maybe you are not aware that brusselsairlinesfan lives in France, hence his request.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

sn26567 wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 19:12 Maybe you are not aware that brusselsairlinesfan lives in France, hence his request.
OK, thank you for the info. This I didn't knew

Lux_avi

Post by Lux_avi »

Atlantis wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 18:57
Lux_avi wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 10:20
Yeah sure, for you can be very funny but we will never forget what happened in March 2016. So to see such a question immediately looks odd. Even if he/she will not harm.
The same reaction would be if somebody will ask you to take a picture of the whole facade of an embassy.

So, you can laugh with my post, but we don't
So you really were serious. Thought you were kidding.

There are photos of the front facade all over the internet. Maps of the terminal everywhere. This is NOT a security threat of any kind.

Same for embassies, btw.
Ever heard of google street view?
BRU is also perfectly visible there.

brusselsairlinesfan

sn26567 wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 19:12 Maybe you are not aware that brusselsairlinesfan lives in France, hence his request.
Thanks ;-)

Indeed, I am French living in Paris... even if I am very proud of some belgian roots...
... and since ever as avgeek a loyal Sabena and brussels airlines fan !

Leaving somewhere between CDG and ORY, unfortunately not in BRU. Didn’t visit BRU since the Covid mess... that’s why I would appreciate some 2022 pics ;-)

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

After visiting BRU last week I noticed the drop-off and bus area look as shabby as ever...

So a few serious question to the BAC 'insiders':

- What is the current status of the big 2040-development plan? Any real progress or still a vague fantasy vision?

- Is the baggage handling system reinforced during the past months/years, or will we see another breakdown of the baggage system at the first busy weekend of the summer when many passengers will depart (like we saw last year)?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote: 13 Mar 2022, 02:10 Could someone post pics of the whole renewed entrance facade @ BRU please ?
Here is a picture, courtesy of Brussels Airport:

André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

sn26567 wrote: 30 Mar 2022, 12:10
Here is a picture, courtesy of Brussels Airport:

Thank you very much for this long awaited pic ! It looks nice !

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The preclearance is today approved in the Belgian parliament with a nee law.
This means that customs checking for the USA will be done already at Brussels Airport.
But it still can take up to 2 years to implement everything of the new law into the actual checking

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

With the localisation of BRU being the most western hub of the Lufthansa group and the fact that US pre-clearance will be done at BRU. I hope Lufthansa will see the oportunity to use BRU as a hub for US ops

longwings

Post by longwings »

crew1990 wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 01:49 With the localisation of BRU being the most western hub of the Lufthansa group and the fact that US pre-clearance will be done at BRU. I hope Lufthansa will see the oportunity to use BRU as a hub for US ops
Within two years, Lufthansa should be able to outfit a handful of A321LR with a long-haul business class to open BOS, CLT (?), PHL, and test the market's willingness to connect through BRU.
It will hurt Air Canada on the other end.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

There is as from tomorrow till 12th of June a big trade mission to the States. Boston is on the list. Let's see what comes out from it

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Priority n°1 on TATL flight is the launch of Montreal. But for this a 10th A330 is needed.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The new admin building for BAC is almost finished, as still quite a lot of things has to be done inside.
At the beginning of September the inauguration will be.
The satellite will be fully used by the police for the next 5 years.
What will happen after those 5 years is not sure yet for the satellite, but the big possibility will be that it will become again a terminal.
The police will receive a new constructed building.

In meantime a new toilet concept is installed where was the former Panos. It will be now tested to have all kind of malfunctions out of it. If full OK, all toilet blocks in the terminal and piers will be replaced by the new ones.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 15:28 The new admin building for BAC is almost finished, as still quite a lot of things has to be done inside.
What will happen after those 5 years is not sure yet for the satellite, but the big possibility will be that it will become again a terminal.

In meantime a new toilet concept is installed where was the former Panos. It will be now tested to have all kind of malfunctions out of it. If full OK, all toilet blocks in the terminal and piers will be replaced by the new ones.
I already used it on departure at 17/08. Now I know how it was so clean. ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Conti764 wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 09:32
Atlantis wrote: 19 Aug 2022, 15:28 The new admin building for BAC is almost finished, as still quite a lot of things has to be done inside.

I already used it on departure at 17/08. Now I know how it was so clean. ;)
Indeed and they are much more modern

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

BAC really likes to build new infrastructure.... for themselves.

Renovated Satellite, now the new Compass building. I'm sure BAC staff now all have a modern workspace with a nice tarmac view...

https://twitter.com/BrusselsAirport/sta ... 8071085057

And what did passengers get in the meantime?

- Departure hall still looks outdated
- Baggage reclaim area same story: very outdated and cramped (in my opinion, this is the worst part of the airport)
- Pier B: same as above
- Bus station area is a total joke: ugly broken concrete, poor signage, just shameful for an international airport
- Drop off area where people have to use a tent to get to terminal (not to forget they must pass the horrible bus station).

Maybe it's time to modernize some infrastructure for passengers, no?