Hainan Airlines achieves 5-star ranking

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Hainan Airlines achieves 5-star ranking

Post by RoMax »

As from now we have a 5-star airline(Skytrax ranking) in BRU (soon two as QR will start flights to BRU later this month) as Hainan got upgraded from a 4-star ranking to 5 star. 1/2 (?) years ago Hainan achieved as first Chinese airline to get the 4 star ranking and now again as first Chinese airline (Chathay Pacific from Hong Kong not counted as China) it achieves to get the prestigious 5 star ranking. It's only the seventh airline in the world to get this ranking.

http://www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/H4.htm

liebensd

Re: Hainan Airlines achieves 5-star ranking

Post by liebensd »

Nice ranking for Hainan Airlines. Only pity for the passengers that you don't notice it during the flights!

RoMax

Re: Hainan Airlines achieves 5-star ranking

Post by RoMax »

liebensd wrote:Nice ranking for Hainan Airlines. Only pity for the passengers that you don't notice it during the flights!
I think that many passengers agree with Skytrax that Hainan Airlines is a good airline. As Hainan is not such a big airline they have a pretty limited amount of customer reports on the Skytrax website (43 reviews), but all pax give high points. The average is 8.6 out of 10, but I think the average for 2010 only would be higher as most pax gave 10/10 or 9/10 in 2010.
BTW, also check the full evaluation of the airline by Skytrax (second link of my first post), there you can easily see Hainan's strong points and things on wich they can still improve.

So they must be a nice airline, but I actually doubt they really deserve the 5 star ranking. I think there are better 4 star ranked airlines than Hainan or at least at the same level.