Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

cathay belgium

Re: Brussels Airlines' fleet renewal

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Bromma is said to close before thé end of THIS year...

So no more Firenze also ??

Besides thé NEO, SN needs another regional plane...
ATR/Embraer...
We need a Brussels Cityline, Brussels Cityhopper...

It Will be a mistake not to operate these...

Hannover, Dresden, Nantes,Strassbourg, Bristol, small regions...

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

OO-SSK was ferried to DGX today for part-out.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Talked to a girl who works in Bromma yesterday..

Bromma Will stay open until january 2038 she said..

If I Remember correctly there was only a opening for A319 operations here no A320 !

So SN will need smaller A221/3 jets or it need to move to ARN anyway !
And BMA is a moneymaker for SN :) and connections ..

CXB

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

Bralo20 wrote: 29 Jun 2021, 12:53 Three Airbus A320neo to join the Brussels Airlines fleet in 2023

Tuesday, June 29, 2021 — Today, the Lufthansa Group Executive Board and the Board of Directors of SN Airholding have authorised the allocation of three Airbus A320neo to Brussels Airlines. With these new state-of-the-art aircraft, Belgium’s home carrier makes an essential step in the further modernisation of the airline’s fleet and herewith significantly lowers the CO2- and noise emissions on its medium-haul network. It’s the very first time in the history of Brussels Airlines, that the company will phase in brand new aircraft, coming right from the manufacturer.

As a responsible airline with ambitious sustainability targets, it’s crucial for us to continue our path of further modernizing our fleet. Thanks to our mother company Lufthansa, we are for the very first time in our 19 year-long history able to replace older A319 Airbus with three modern and fuel-efficient aircraft that will leave the Airbus factory by summer 2023. Compared to our A319 aircraft, the three A320neo will allow a noise contour reduction of 50% and reduce fuel use and CO2 emissions by 11% per flight. Thanks to the higher seating capacity of this ultra-modern Airbus, the fuel use and CO2 emissions per seat decrease by 30%”.

Peter Gerber, CEO of Brussels Airlines

Needless to say, that we are extremely enthusiast to welcome the Airbus A320neo in our fleet. The modern General Electric CFM engines of the Airbus A320neo are renowned for their fuel efficiency and lower noise contour. Next to that, the three new aircraft will bring us closer to our target of a fully harmonized A320 medium-haul fleet to aircraft only, herewith not only further reducing the complexity of our Maintenance & Engineering activities but as well the whole operation. Due to the high similarity with the current fleet, the crews are able to operate the new aircraft after a short familiarization, this makes the integration seamless”.

Edi Wolfensberger, COO of Brussels Airlines

Investing in the current crisis in new aircraft underlines the importance for the Lufthansa Group carriers to continue working towards the group’s sustainability target of reducing its CO2 emissions by 50% by 2030 compared to 2019 and to become CO2-neutral by 2050.

In comparison to the to be phased out A319 aircraft, the Airbus A320neo burns on average 11% less fuel and reduces noise emissions by 50%. Thanks to a significantly higher seating capacity (+27%), the fuel use per seat reduces by 30%. Compared to an A320ceo (current engine option), the brand new model uses 16% less fuel for the same seating capacity and thus reduces the CO2 emissions by 16%.

Brussels Airlines counts currently 38 aircraft in its overall fleet, of which eight long-haul aircraft of the type Airbus A330 and 30 medium-haul aircraft (16 A320 and 14 A319).

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... t-in-2023/
This is clearly a milestone in the brussels airlines history !

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

OOSSE is being phased out and shipped to GYR, Phoenix Goodyear on 17/11

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Stay tuned here, something is coming ;)

And for the one who knows the info already, please wait for official press release

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

crew1990 wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 16:36 Stay tuned here, something is coming ;)

And for the one who knows the info already, please wait for official press release
Any idea when the news will be out? :)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Euh why wait ??

Aviation24 needs to be NEW news...

I read it already in another website !! 😖

Do you want to be last ?

Extra A333, first minus two now +1
Extra ougadogou...

Just call it a rumour then ;)

Info from a pilot at SN from thé competition website ...

CXB
Last edited by cathay belgium on 22 Nov 2021, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.

Duke

Post by Duke »

Conti764 wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 16:46 [

Any idea when the news will be out? :)
It seems to be out already...
A 9th A330 from June 2022...
Where will this one come from?
Will it be in the new colours?
Regards,

Duke

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Yep, now it is out apparently.

Indeed, it's a 9th a330 joining, it's OO-SFJ (already in AOC) it will keep eurowings livery untill repainting is due.

Ouagadougou and Conakry comes back in the network
Last edited by crew1990 on 22 Nov 2021, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.

ChemtrailSwitch

Post by ChemtrailSwitch »

OO-SFJ will remain in the fleet and therefore be the 9th A330. Only OO-SFL still needs to go by mid december.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

cathay belgium wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 17:02 Hi,

Euh why wait ??

Aviation24 needs to be NEW news...

I read it already in another website !! 😖

Do you want to be last ?

Extra A333, first minus two now +1
Extra ougadogou...

Just call it a rumour then ;)

Info from a pilot at SN from thé competition website ...

CXB
You can't blame luchtzak (yep for me, it stay lucktzak) not to be the first one to publish if stupid members on other website divulge internal information while they should not. It has already been explained that journalist knows already but need to wait for the green light from Brussels Airlines before publishing.

Av24.be

Post by Av24.be »

Additional employment at Brussels Airlines with re-introduction of 9th Airbus A330

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/luft ... rbus-a330/

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

Good to hear the re-activation of the 9th A330 and old routes resumed. I am still hoping for some more news as mentioned the other day, which would include new routes for SN. I would also like to see more cooperation between SN and some other star alliance members if LH agrees, although they have so so relationships with the ones I want SN to do more cooperation SK (which hopefully can bring more Scandinavian links to BRU) and LO although with this one I highly doubt it.

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

theeuropean wrote: 22 Nov 2021, 17:51 Good to hear the re-activation of the 9th A330 and old routes resumed. I am still hoping for some more news as mentioned the other day, which would include new routes for SN. I would also like to see more cooperation between SN and some other star alliance members if LH agrees, although they have so so relationships with the ones I want SN to do more cooperation SK (which hopefully can bring more Scandinavian links to BRU) and LO although with this one I highly doubt it.
Well, on ling haul LH has anyhow JVs. Coming into the network, SN would build on it.
On short haul - i do rather doubt. LOT tried to acquire Condor before the crisis. And if SAS is so happy that LH speculated the Norwegian fall in ARN and is establishing a base...

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

With the diverted JFK-flight debacle in mind, is it even possible to maintain a reliable long-haul network with only 9 planes ? (rhetoric question) :|

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Boavida wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 15:31 With the diverted JFK-flight debacle in mind, is it even possible to maintain a reliable long-haul network with only 9 planes ? (rhetoric question) :|
I think not. When there were ten it was already an ordeal, mainly in the North Atlantic ... that does not seem to change...At old time YYZ was canceled very often !

oldblueeyes

Post by oldblueeyes »

Boavida wrote: 23 Nov 2021, 15:31 With the diverted JFK-flight debacle in mind, is it even possible to maintain a reliable long-haul network with only 9 planes ? (rhetoric question) :|
Of course. Otherwise, let's go to major hubs only and leave peanuts airlines with short haul, only.

The world is not perfect - those ordering brand new aircraft risk to get them delivered years later or grounded, those having used aircraft carry a higher maintenance risk.

Samuel Zerilli

Post by Samuel Zerilli »

OO-SSS come back Thursday from EMA with the new livery
OO-SNH go to EMA Thursday for painting
Tomorrow OO-SNN is going to Yerevan with flight number SN9901 and no return date,maybe for painting or maintenance, no idea !

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Given the fact that SN is looking to move toward an A320neo fleet, I don't think that a319ceo or a320ceo could join the fleet anymore, what make me wonder if SN could maybe hire some wetlease for S22 as it should be busier than S21. In July and August the entre fleet was already reactivated and 1st a320neo is planed for 2023.