Last election of Belgium

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
jan_olieslagers

Re: Last election of Belgium

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Cathay, sorry to be rude, but we're supposed to write English here, not Hottentot (meaning nothing but good to the various people of deep Southern Africa).

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Yes ! I know but I'm living in Limbabwe you know ?
Luckily very very close to the Dutch border (500 metres or do you prefer inches ?) so I will have my getaway :lol:
Besides isn't being rude normal for a .. aaargh I won't start :oops:

My bad english is becoming more and more famous isn't it, after Flanker and Jan O. who's next ... :roll:

For those which are present on this forum for PM me personally about my english,
I'm here as an aviation fan not for an english course, I don't bother 8-)
It's not english it's jamaican :D
If anyone doesn't understand what I mean please PM me so I will explain,
but for now I do understand nobody has this problem (yet )..

BTW this was replied in a busy pub on a iPod so that's my excuse for now !

Especially for Jan ! Please ,correct this text as U like to see it !

Crosswind , in this last topic I think your quite pathetic really..
Brussels is flanders ground, was historically occupied by the french speaking inhabitants of this country.
As you noticed the romans : maybe we can attract Mr. Berlusconi as Prime Minister ? No?
No problem for me !
Are you serious ? Did I read 'tanks' in your reply ??
Please go searching for one human being, except you offcourse, who is willing to fight for flanders-wallonie ??
Argh, we are far too lazy for that nowadays..
The main problem of belgium is ; people like you and their reactions which will drive more and more people to NVA and other 'right-sided' parties.
Let's us go for a realistic belgium !
For this immediate momentum we'll need economic and social reforms!
That's all we need don't you think ?
Or do you really,really think you're better off without flanders?
Do you really think you will gain brussels for free ?? haha
Maybe we just leave brussels and wallonie alone with the 'national credit '/ 'staatsschuld' because you will have it all alone as you will be ' belgium ' at that point !
Yes Flanders can rip itself off Belgium,forming a new state and if Holland will accept/recognise 'erkennen' Flanders at this certain stage.. guess what ..???
Poor man..
And then we can start dreaming of united great flanders- holland republic !!
Just nuts IMHO
Get your brains together what's left of it !
Let us change one(!) social economic booming belgium for the benefit of all its inhabitants..

Just my 2 (euro)cents ?!

Jan O. That's the best english I have,if you don't like it,don't read it, I'm sick of all this bad english shit :twisted:

This is in first place an aviation site, besides I heared of more members getting your 'bad english' mails,
maybe you can design a 'basic luchtzak english guidebook' for all luchtzakstarters and the recidivistic
(i really don't know if this is english but I really think you understand what I mean )members.

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

jan_olieslagers

Well Cathay, I am indeed annoyed by ALL poor language, I certainly am not chiding you for yourself. And no, you are all but the first to get this kind of remark from me. Actually I am even more annoyed with the management of this forum, who have again and again insisted we should write in English - even in a discussion proper to this poor little country where English isn't even remotely local. But they do insist we should use English, not Jamaican or whatever lookalike.

You (and they) may be sure we are looking a queer ridiculous lot to the outside world by absolutely wanting to discuss in a language most of us master so poorly.

And no, I am NOT going to publish any tutorials - I am doing that for a living already, among other things far more interesting. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Then again, proper English IS important in aviation so if you're serious about flying, any effort you could muster would be all but wasted. Google LPE for just one example: a grade 4 or better English LPE is today a required endorsement for almost any kind of flying, even recreational, in most places.

Most of all: instead of getting sick over criticisms, judge them, and either discard or apply them to your advantage. By your choice you will be measured.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Jan O.,
jan_olieslagers wrote:You (and they) may be sure we are looking a queer ridiculous lot to the outside world by absolutely wanting to discuss in a language most of us master so poorly.
I do understand why english is standard language at this belgian aviation site.
Facing the title of this topic.. it should say enough.
Belgium is quattro-languaged : dutch,german,english and french .
jan_olieslagers wrote:But they do insist we should use English, not Jamaican or whatever lookalike.
Every type of english must be understood in aviation BTW.
Hoping you will have once the opportunity to visit a big airtraffic control center,
try to understand african-russian-chinese-spanish-arabic ..english.( :shock: ). that's the world we live in!
Aviation is above locations, religions and people diversity.. :!:
jan_olieslagers wrote:And no, you are all but the first to get this kind of remark from me.
Some member(s) told me otherwise but that's not worth the effort.. ;)
At least I can say I still have the guts for replying and showing my view on things..
So you're saying now .. I'm the worst on luchtzak. :cry: . THX .. ( Flanker you have found your buddy )

jan_olieslagers wrote:I am doing that for a living already
Already had that idea months ago :lol:
jan_olieslagers wrote:Most of all: instead of getting sick over criticisms, judge them, and either discard or apply them to your advantage. By your choice you will be measured.
Congratulations,nice reply/quote. :o
But which person were you quoting. ( source ? )

but..I'll do my best..

At your service..

CX-B ;)

And now back on topic.. altough this shows clearly belgium is a land full of people with different
points of view : old-young,left-right,flemish-walloon,rich-poor,.. but still together 8-)
Make it a better place ( M. Jackson ) :mrgreen:

jan_olieslagers

cathay belgium wrote:Belgium is quattro-languaged : dutch,german,english and french .
Beg pardon? Who says? Izza written where?
cathay belgium wrote:Every type of english must be understood in aviation BTW.
Beg pardon? Who says? Izza written where?
cathay belgium wrote:Hoping you will have once the opportunity to visit a big airtraffic control center,
try to understand african-russian-chinese-spanish-arabic ..english.( :shock: ). that's the world we live in!
Ha! You thinkink I newwer did? Been there, done that, in the bustling world-famous city of Steenokkerzeel. Only heard English, though, and very very proper English, on the business side of microphones. Admiddtly there was more varicioun in discussions at dinnner table & caffee maschine. Went off without a single hitch, just the same. There's more problems among non-aviators - another reason why I recommend you join this side.
cathay belgium wrote:
jan_olieslagers wrote: And no, you are all but the first to get this kind of remark from me.
Some member(s) told me otherwise but that's not worth the effort.. ;)
Not improbaple you're really lost here on English language. Nobody promised it would be easy!

I do take note of your promise to do your best. I must admit nobody could demand more than that. I regeret having to warn you I'll be watching you on the keep-up!
As for them bloody you-know-who poofters: let them poof!

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

And now they start shooting at each others...about language skills again....pathetic...

You guy's really have a problem with linguistics... :mrgreen: ...

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
Vive le Roi et son Femme!
I guess you did it on purpose "son femme"...but you now what, ... :roll:

Crosswind

Post by Crosswind »

The most funny thing I ever heard... Brussels is in flanders, historically...

:lol: Sorry guys but... :lol: Keep your dream on :mrgreen:

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

regi

Post by regi »

Don't blame the Flemish candidates that they pass the exams and that the French speaking counterparts are unable to express themselves in the language of the majority of this country.
A typical reaction I have received already several times by French speaking business people is they see no reason to translate their websites, brochures or manuals also in Dutch. It exists in French, German, English and even Chinese ( no kidding, I have some examples. ). But when I make the remark that their biggest customers are Dutch speaking, the reply is " We don't bother, they understand us anyway. And if there is a legal hick up, we can use difficult "lawyers language"

regi

Post by regi »

and now a report that says that just a minority of 39% of the Walloon people would like to be attached to France.
http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/1028 ... ijk__.html

Personally it looks like a pretty high number. I don't know how the questions were asked, where ( Brussels included?) , to who?
It is quite obvious that some media ( from all sides ) try to influence the public opinion by launching some questionaries, sounding as referenda. Which they are not.
Just as we have sometimes a poll on this website which could be used in the media to provoke a political stance.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

@ desert rat : you can't help it .. :roll: ( better start reading a real paper :lol: )

@moderators : please stop this topic :shock: , otherwise there will be hard words/replies to write and
I know politics don't fit well at luchtzak... :idea:

BESIDES : this topic is quite old , more than one year pff... :!:

CX-B

regi

Post by regi »

cathay belgium wrote: @moderators : please stop this topic :shock: , otherwise there will be hard words/replies to write and
I know politics don't fit well at luchtzak... :idea:
Why? It is in the pub. And we have staid polite. And we do even refer sometimes to aviation related matter. :)

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,
regi wrote:Why? It is in the pub. And we have staid polite. And we do even refer sometimes to aviation related matter.
Okay for me in this case, seems we have some drunken sailors in the pub :lol:

CX-B

regi

Post by regi »

dragging on...