Car parks almost full at Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Car parks almost full at Brussels Airport

Post by sn26567 »

Up to and including Thursday 6 May 2010 the number of parking spaces available in the car parks at Brussels Airport will be limited. Although car parks P1, P2 and P3 opposite the terminal together offer over 10,000 parking spaces, only a few will be available.

Brussels Airport advises departing passengers to provide extra time to find a parking space or to consider using other means of transport to come to the airport.

BAC - 04/05/2010
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Re: Car parks almost full at Brussels Airport

Post by regi »

never enough

janvdc

Post by janvdc »

As from Friday, enough space should be available for all. No further problems are expected, even during summer peak.

danieln

Post by danieln »

If the parkings are full, extra parkings need to be built. It's that simple.

Parking charges at BRU are sky high, while some of the buildings are dirty and old. The customers should get value for money, and this is absolutely not the case right now.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

They created a new parking on BRUcargo, next to the Delhaize. It's full of Dutch cars. This parking lot is used for such occations.

BTW it's not a new parking but during the lower season its more or less empty.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Atlantis wrote:They created a new parking on BRUcargo, next to the Delhaize. It's full of Dutch cars. This parking lot is used for such occations.

BTW it's not a new parking but during the lower season its more or less empty.
Yes, but the airport should still anticipate situations like these... It's not serious to have your clients pay a large parking fee only to have them park in the grass.

Anyways, last I heard plans to entirely renovate FP2 (the old and dirty one) are imminent.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

There are also people driving during one hour in a parking lot in search for a parking place, who don't find one and are obliged to pay a one hour fee (no less than 3 EUR) for nothing. It should be like in Geneva, where you don't pay the first 20 minutes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Post by regi »

sn26567 wrote:There are also people driving during one hour in a parking lot in search for a parking place, who don't find one and are obliged to pay a one hour fee (no less than 3 EUR) for nothing. It should be like in Geneva, where you don't pay the first 20 minutes.
Or in Vientiane where you don't pay anything at all. :)

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Well out of own experience I know for sure you get about 10 to 15min to find a spot. If you take longer before you re-exit the parking lot you'll have to pay the full time you where searching (min. 1h I think).

So keep you're eye on the time while doing so.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

The Brussels Airport Station is being connected to both Brussels and Antwerp with a new rail line via the central reservation of the E19 motorway. When this Diabolo project is completed, SNCB will be able to provide direct trains to Brussels Airport from Brussels, Mechelen/Antwerp and Leuven.
About 40 % of travellers will take the train as from 2012. Car parks will be almost empty by that time. :roll:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Car park FP3 full

At this moment all parking spaces in Front Park 3 are taken.
Free parking spaces are still available in the other airport car parks.

Posted by BAC corpcom on May 10, 2010 8:56 AM
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

galaxy wrote:The Brussels Airport Station is being connected to both Brussels and Antwerp with a new rail line via the central reservation of the E19 motorway. When this Diabolo project is completed, SNCB will be able to provide direct trains to Brussels Airport from Brussels, Mechelen/Antwerp and Leuven.
About 40 % of travellers will take the train as from 2012. Car parks will be almost empty by that time. :roll:
It needs a mentality change before people start using the public transport IMO. E.g. I am not bothered taking the bus to go to the airport, however proven that -most of the time- it's faster than taking the car! 2 weeks ago I met a girl living close to Vilvoorde railwaystation, from there the airport is reachable by bus every 10 minutes, well she preferred to take her car and I have convinced her to take public transport in stead!

Stij

Post by Stij »

Well i'm afraid we only use public transport if public transport is very frequent of if there's no alternative due to enormous traffic jams. Personally, living in Leuven, I prefer the train as it gets me there faster then my car.

On the othe hand, public transport to Brussels Airport has margin for improvement (eraly departures, late arrivals, frequency during the weekends...

Cheers,

Stij