Sabena at MAN

This is the forum to place all your aviation videos and clips: events, air disasters, crashes, spectacular landings, etc...
Comet

Sabena at MAN

Post by Comet »

I have started converting my old analogue 8mm videos to digital to post them on YouTube, and the first one to get the treatment is my holiday video from July 2000. This was our first trip to Belgium, and naturally we flew on Sabena from MAN. The first part of this video was taken the day before we flew out, and features a Sabena Boeing 737 taxying and taking off on flight SN2178. I am posting videos by song, so there is some footage on this which is not Sabena, but most of it is. The little RJ is the one we flew out on.

Sorry for the black lines down some of the scenes, that is what happens when you try and shoot video through the wire enclosing the "spotting" enclosure at MAN.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Re: Sabena at MAN

Post by sn26567 »

Nice memories. It was nice to see a Sabena plane again. SN2178 is probably the flight number I used most in recent years, but it no longer refers to Sabena. Nice music as well from Simon and Garfunkel...

What package are you using to convert super-8 to digital?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Re: Sabena at MAN

Post by Comet »

Thanks for your comments Andre. I always like to see that particular video, especially the bit which shows the Sabena plane taking off from MAN. I have used "The Boxer" on all my Sabena (and also SNBA) footage, so I came to think of it as the "Sabena Song" :lol: I have other videos to post too, all the holiday video from 2000 has Simon and Garfunkel music on.

Converting my vidoes is quite a long process. The first step was to add the video to VHS from the 8mm, that was done using SCART leads and an audio dubber to replace the original soundtrack with the songs which are on the final finished product.

When the video is on VHS, I then transfer it to a DVD (we have a DVD recorder which I just connect to the video and it tapes the video signal) so then once it is on a DVD-RW disc, I finalise the DVD disc and then once finalised it is compatible with the DVD drive on my computer.

Once the disc is finalised, I copy the VOB file from the DVD onto the computer, and then use a piece of software called Free Video Converter to convert from the VOB format to Windows Media format (AVI usually).

When it is converted to AVI, I then trim it down in Windows Movie Maker so each section features one whole song. Once the song sections are complete, I save the new "movie" into Windows Media format again, ready for upload onto YouTube.

I have lots of videos to go at as well :mrgreen:
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise