Making Aircraft Videos

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
Comet

Making Aircraft Videos

Post by Comet »

I don't know if this is the right bit of the forum for this, or if it belongs in Planespotting (apologies if it is in the wrong bit).

Is there anyone else on Luchtzak who likes filming aircraft with 8mm video camera? There is often plenty said about photography with digital cameras, but no one has ever said they like to shoot video. It is my favourite way to capture aircraft and I wondered if anyone else agreed?
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

L-1011

Post by L-1011 »

I aqcuired a digital video camera this summer for my parabolic flight (SONY TRV19E)
Actually I never did it, partly because of a lack of time (it's been more than 6 months since my last spotting), but it sounds really appealing to me.
Why not :!:

ciao,
TriStar :)

Andries

Post by Andries »

2 years ago was the first time I filmed aircraft. It was an entire day at EBBR, about 3hours of video. I used the camera of my best friend. Ever since that day, when I go spotting with him, i take pictures and I film the aircraft. Now I allready have about 4 DVD's of DUS, CGN, BRU and 2 Video's of 3 and 2 hours on BRU.

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

Comet

Post by Comet »

I find that you can get superb footage of landing aircraft at that place near Kortenberg, we got loads of filming done there last year, but unfortunately I'd just packed the camera away when a SQ 747-400 came in to land, and I always wish I'd got that. Antwerp is a waste of time for filming, I've never been in an airport like that.

I have a Sharp Viewcam, which was bought last year to replace my Canon E400 (my first video camera) because the heads had gone.
Louise

CST

Airport videos by Just Planes

Post by CST »

Hello everybody,

does anyone know if and where I can buy videos/DVDs of airport like the ones by 'Just Planes' in Belgium ?

Thanks for your replies! :)

max64

Post by max64 »

"does anyone know if and where I can buy videos/DVDs of airport like the ones by 'Just Planes' in Belgium ? "

Hi,

You could check http://www.airplanetv.com who have interesting cockpit video/DVD.

You can't by them at a shop, but You can order them in the web.

CST

Post by CST »

thanks for your reply, but that is just the problem: I don't have Visa or something like that, so I want to buy them in Belgium or on an Belgian website. Then I can pay via my bank account ('overschrijving').

For the record: I'm not looking for cockpit videos (you can buy these at f.i. http://www.simw.com), but for airport videos. 8)

max64

Post by max64 »

"I'm not looking for cockpit videos (you can buy these at f.i. www.simw.com), but for airport videos."

So, if many of You already do some filming at varoius airports, why don't You contact office@airplanetv.com and ask them if they are interested in Your material?

If the filming has been done using a digital camcorder with a tripod, and the material is good, AND a lot of spotters are interested in these scenes it would sound cool to me for them to put together a DVD where You can select different airports!?

Max

BTW, at airplanetv.com You can also order without creditcard, if You prefer cash advance via Your bank.

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

i made a video a couple years ago,
its about the landing on the 25L with shoots from the spotting place A ( on the Brussles spotting tips map ) and at the "asielcentrum" ( a littlebit further then spotting place B)

Grtzzz
Hasjie :twisted:

Comet

Post by Comet »

That sounds very similar to the video I made last year. That place near Kortenberg is the best place I've been in for filming aircraft on the final approach. I shall be making a repeat performance this year :lol:

Also my Mum has just bought me a digital camera. That has video mode, and so I will be able to add some video to the internet now!
Louise

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

Hmmmm interesting comet
We are waiting for some results of that filming :D :D

Grtzzz
Thomas :twisted:

CST

Post by CST »

Hasjie,

I know the place you're talking about. It was an ideal place and very popular on sunday afternoons a couple of years ago...

I don't think it's possible to go there any more, is it?

Anyway, if someone wants to sell me a copy of their spotting videos of EBBR, name your price and we can talk about it... VHS or DVD. If the quality is OK of course! :roll:

So, I repeat my question: does anyone know where I can order/buy Airport videos (Just Planes) in Belgium?

Hasjie

Post by Hasjie »

CST,

it is still possible to go overthere, but i dont know if the police is so happy with that :D

If we go to BRU, we mostly park our car @ the Jumbo (the café @ the watertower) en then we walk on that small route (naast) the runway.
and then we stay a little time @ the asielcentrum (TO SPOT :D )
and then we go back home ( but first a little drink @ the jumbo :wink: )

Grtzzz
Thomas :twisted: