Volga-Dnepr Airlines AN124 at EBBR sun 25/1

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

B737229

Volga-Dnepr Airlines AN124 at EBBR sun 25/1

Post by B737229 »

Volga-Dnepr Airlines AN124 RA82045 is parked at the military apron at Melsbroek, someone knows when it will leave?

Thx

sabena4ever

Post by sabena4ever »

Hello
An 124 will leave at 19:00 but this morning, "she" arrived 2h early
So maybe departure should be early too!! to Tripoli
(too dark at this time ?)

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Is there already anyone that has pictures of the plane?
I can't go myself today to make a picture.

Best Regards,
Yvo

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Thx for info!
Just saw it, but didn't try getting any pictures, as it is parked on the military apron..

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Hi, I just saw it parked at the AML. From the 'Haachtsesteenweg, you can see this beauty really good, but it's almost imossible to take decent pics.

Anyway, according to my source it'll probably leave at 19h00 to Kinshasa...

Andries

Post by Andries »

You should visit EBOS more often. The come here quite regularly. I got 1 picture with 3 VDA An-124 next to each other and all 3 with an open nose :lol:

Greetz,

:twisted: CanonFreak :twisted:
Don't dream your life, live your dream !!!

AN124

Post by AN124 »

I'm still planning to visit Ostend Canonfreak. I've never been there.

But luckely we also have some Russian birds in Maastricht. Yesterday we had a AN12 of Heli Air in Balkan cls.

Best Regards,
Yvo

MD-11

Post by MD-11 »

Is it possible that I saw the An-124 fly over Mechelen this morning between 08:30 and 09:00? At first I thought I saw a 747 ( because of the 4 engines ) coming over but when it came closer I saw the roof mounted wings.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Andries

Post by Andries »

AN124,

LZ-CBE is a regular visitor of EBOS too :lol: I really like the An-12's !!! They are my second favourite plane after the Ilyushin Il-76.
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?166480
http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.cgi?166483
LZ-CBE is the last one in this line-up of 3 An-12's and 1An-26.

Long live the russian smokers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greetz,

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Yep Canonfreak they are also regular visitors in MST.
But I think we will see them less because the Air Bridge form Volvo is no longer working :(
This because Volvo stopped the production in the Netherlands.

Best Regards,
Yvo

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

I forgot to post this last week - working too hard again!

Can anyone tell me the identity of a DC-8 parked at OST on Sunday 18/1 - all white with a pale blue tail logo?

Meerkat

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Meerkat,

I think this is one of the ex Silk Way DC8's.

See also this picture at airliners.net
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/465636/M/

I even believe that this is the one that was grounded by dutch aviation authotities because of some technical problems.
I think Canonfreak can tell you more about this bird.

Best Regards,
Yvo

B737229

Post by B737229 »

Sure OST is a very interesting airport to visit, but is it still as good as before to make pic's?
They made a safety fence around the field, but I havent been there since.

Is it still possible to make pics at the touchdownpoint of rwy26, (at the gate) and at the threshold of 08?

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

@AN124

That looks like the one I saw except it had no reg painyed on, that I could see.

Meerkat

AN124

Post by AN124 »

@ Meerkat

That's correct Meerkat. The plane has been sold and the old registration is already removed from the plane.
I believe it will get a 9G registration. Don't know exactly wich one.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Andries

Post by Andries »

AN124 wrote:I think this is one of the ex Silk Way DC8's.

See also this picture at airliners.net
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/465636/M/

I even believe that this is the one that was grounded by dutch aviation authotities because of some technical problems.
I think Canonfreak can tell you more about this bird.
This is ex-Silk Way 4K-AZ25 indeed. 4K-AZ29 allready left EBOS. She will soon start flying with Johnson Air, probably again from EBOS. The same faith probably awaits the 4K-AZ25, the one you saw, meerkat.
B737229 wrote:Sure OST is a very interesting airport to visit, but is it still as good as before to make pic's?
They made a safety fence around the field, but I havent been there since.

Is it still possible to make pics at the touchdownpoint of rwy26, (at the gate) and at the threshold of 08?
The new fences are horrible !!! :pang: :pang: :pang:
They are about 3m high and the holes are about 5cm x 5cm, so way too small for poking your lens through.
You need a good ladder now if you wanna take pictures at the toucdown point of 26. And I do mean a GOOD ladder, one that takes you about 1.5 - 2m above the ground. Also you can't get as close to the runway anymore. Where the road turned toward the runway, that's where it has been cut of by the new fence. As you can see on the next picture, you can't get to the end of the road anymore.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/484962/L/

About 08 ... no problems (yet). If your standing inside the Kalkaert, you still have the old fence of 1m20. So no problems there. If you're standing at the entrance of the calcaert, you have another fence. This fence is made out of parallel poles with a gap of about 15cm between them. You can easely take pictures of aircraft taxiing for takeoff. so no problem here either. If however they com in on 08, you can't take anymore approachshots from this spot, unless you got a ladder (again). If you do want to take app. shots, you should walk about 100m to the left, where the aircraft are still higher and the fence is not in the way yet.

You can understand that EBOS has become a nightmare in photograpy if you dint have a car and a ladder. I always go there by bike and I don't have a ladder ... so usually I go inside the Kalkaert, wher you still have the old fence.

IF you want to go into the Kalkaert, park your car at the entrance and go inside on foot ! Otherwise you might get some problems with the boss ...
He once delibberetly closed the gate while a friend of mine was inside with his car. The boss called the police and my friend allmost got a fine for trespassing ... But if you're on foot or by bike, they don't do that. You can allways leave, even if the gate is closed as they have a gap of about 1m wide next to the gate where you can just walk through.

If you got anymore questions, just ask'm.

Greetz,

Vonsmalhausen

Post by Vonsmalhausen »

this is the AN 124 today @ BRU
i took the pic around 17.00 u. after waiting the whole afternoon for a take-off :evil: @ the 07L/Sobelair spot

AN124

Post by AN124 »

Thanks for the picture Vonsmalhausen.
It looks like the plane is ready to depart at the time you took this picture.
All cargo doors are already closed.

Best Regards,
Yvo

Skystef

Post by Skystef »

meerkat wrote:Can anyone tell me the identity of a DC-8 parked at OST on Sunday 18/1 - all white with a pale blue tail logo?
Both Silk Way DC8 went to the Ghanese register: 4K-AZ25 became 9G-RMF. 4K-AZ29 became 9G-PEL, and bankrupt Aer Tueras DC8 EI-BNA became 9G-NHA.

SS

Andries

Post by Andries »

Q707 wrote:4K-AZ25 became 9G-RMF. 4K-AZ29 became 9G-PEL
4K-AZ29 became 9G-PEL indeed. But the 4K-AZ25 still has not got it's new registration, so it should be : 4K-AZ25 will become 9G-RMF.
Perhaps you know when this will happen ???

Greetz,