Saudi Arabia buys 72 Eurofighters

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

FLY4HOURS.BE

Saudi Arabia buys 72 Eurofighters

Post by FLY4HOURS.BE »

EADS is gonna be happy...

Question is...what do they need 72 of them for?
Are they preparing a war?
Fly4hours, making the path to airline pilot affordable to all

Moons / A

Post by Moons / A »

Hi,

It's about politics and money I think. Within one week I will start a program to acces the Master International Politics. I've read many books and articles to prepare myself a little bit. So you learn to understand a bit more about these international relations and their dynamics. Saudi Arabia has his role to play in the Middle East both in economic as military ways.

Why did they buy 72 fighter jets? I can't give a good answer to you immediatly. But our (Western) politicians rather see the Saudi's buy in our shop than a Russian shop. It's an approach to Europe. 'Maybe to build an army to fight terrorists or states who sponsor them.' Bush would use such sentence in his speech I think.

But maybe we don't have to involve politics in this aviation forum. :)
If you want a plausible answer you need to search for information. Dig in the history of the Saudi's during the conflicts in the ME and it's relation with the USA and Europe. Look for articles about the present situation etc.
It could be an interesting search... :)

kind regards, Moons

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

VRT radio news had it the Saudi government is concerned about the growing military power of certain other countries around, and they wish to keep up their position of power.

C_J

Post by C_J »

jan_olieslagers wrote:VRT radio news had it the Saudi government is concerned about the growing military power of certain other countries around, and they wish to keep up their position of power.
These 'certain other countries' definitely contain Iran. Don't forget Saudi Arabia is a US ally.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

My answer was purposely vague because we're supposed to discuss aviation only.

Moons / A

Post by Moons / A »

I wrote that too in my answer Jan. Maybe we said enough about the politics.

regards