Paris Air Show 2007

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Yaroslav

Paris Air Show 2007

Post by Yaroslav »

Hi all!
I finally decided to go to Paris Air Show this year. It's the first time for me, so I would like to have some tips. Would a 18-55 and a 75-300 lenses be enough for taking pics? Should I just go for one day or spend one night in a hotel? Is it really worth pay the extra 10EUR to go to the grandstand? Or any other useful info you can provide.
BTW, it would be nice to meet some of you there :D.
Many thanks in advance.
Malyshev Yaroslav
"Avec l'avion, nous avons appris la ligne droite" - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

TWA

Post by TWA »

when are the public days again and how much is the entrance fee?

David747

Post by David747 »

75-300mm lens would be great for pictures there, of course, if you want to take wide shots, the 18-35 will be a good as well.

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Hello Yaroslav,

I'm also going to the airshow. It's also the first time for me. I will go on saturday. The show starts at 9h30 and takes up about 4 hours. Then in the afertnoon you can walk around and see the planes as they are parked on the apron. So I don't think it is necessary to go 2 or 3 days.
I bought a ticket for a grandstand. On some pictures of 2005 I saw that it was really crowdy and I really want to make good pictures of everything.
I'm planning to take pictures with my 3 lenses: 18-55, 55-200 and 75-300. But the 75-300 is the best of the 3 so I hope I can use this one a lot.

Greetz,
Rutger

Bottie

Post by Bottie »

I'll be going on monday or thursday, didn't decide yet. 300mm should be enough, but if you have more, it's better ;)

TWA wrote:when are the public days again and how much is the entrance fee?

all info: http://www.paris-air-show.com/en/index. ... =2&page=33

Old Nickname - VG

Post by Old Nickname - VG »

make sure u got enough money to drink and eat
its not cheap over there i went in 2005
a cola was 3,5€ 33 cl !
and a sandwitch witc cheese was also 4€
but enjoy the day :D

gr,
lv 8)

stevie

Post by stevie »

is there already a list whit visitors of the airshow? wich planes can we expect?

ciao

JohnKrist

Post by JohnKrist »

I recommend visiting 2 days as I did in 2005. First day I concentrated on photos and was sitting on the grand stand, 2nd day I took some photos but concentrated more on watching. We tend to see all aircrafts through a viewfinder :D. You will need 70-300 for good shots of the action on the RWY. If you are not on the grand stand the only way of getting rwy action is to stand at the very front with your lense through the fence. For flyby's it's egal whether you are on the grand stand or on the field.

Not much about the aircrafts on display yet, 2 A380's, one static and one flying, and Antonov will be there this year, not sure about the 225 but I would guess they would bring a 124 and 74 at least. Enjoy your stay, I wish I could go there, but no time or money this time :(

Stephen

www.airshowtrips.be

Post by Stephen »

www.airshowtrips.be is offering an ALL INCLUSIVE trip to Le Bourget Airshow on 23rd of June for only 45 EUR a person

Let's go all together!

Bye, Stephen

JohnKrist

Re: www.airshowtrips.be

Post by JohnKrist »

Stephen wrote:www.airshowtrips.be is offering an ALL INCLUSIVE trip to Le Bourget Airshow on 23rd of June for only 45 EUR a person

Let's go all together!

Bye, Stephen
They show a list of aircraft there, wonder if it is 100%? Then Antonov will only be there with 140 and 148. No Boeings except for the Globe Master and very little airliners. Actually I think that list is a bit dissapointing.
45 Euro is cheap, only have to to Belgium first, but SN is cheap from Copenhagen :) but as I said, no time...

Yaroslav

Post by Yaroslav »

OK, thanks for your advice. Finally I decided to go for one day on Saturday 23/06. And thanks to Thalys Red Day "in first" (and BTW it was even cheaper than in the second class). Hope to see you there, Rutger! Anyway I think we'll be taking the same train.
Malyshev Yaroslav

rut-her

Post by rut-her »

Yaroslav wrote:OK, thanks for your advice. Finally I decided to go for one day on Saturday 23/06. And thanks to Thalys Red Day "in first" (and BTW it was even cheaper than in the second class). Hope to see you there, Rutger! Anyway I think we'll be taking the same train.
I'll take the thalys on friday (last exam on friday morning). This gives me the opportunity to spend friday evening in Paris with my girlfriend. We booked a hotel near le Gare du Nord, so we can arrive early at LBG on saturday morning. As I said earlier, I've got tickets for the grandstand. And the show starts at 9.30.
We return home saturday evening with the last thalys to BXL.

May I ask you how much you paid for your train ticket ?

Greetz,
Rutger

Yaroslav

Post by Yaroslav »

29EUR one way which makes 58EUR in total.
Have fun in Paris!
Malyshev Yaroslav