Flying on Vueling, what's your experience?

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
C_J

Flying on Vueling, what's your experience?

Post by C_J »

I'll be on Vueling next week (Bussels - Valencia, Barcelona - Brussels), any experiences?

ag894

Post by ag894 »

Beware of cancellations: they do not follow the current applicable EU directives on the topic, so you won't get any compensation in case of cancellations.

In my case they promised a 40 Euro voucher for other Vueling flight purchase; not quite as per the applicable law but better than nothing. The bad news is that they never sent me the voucher!!!

Conclusion is that it is ok when everything is ok, but awfully bad when things are not ok. So each one has to do their own trade off on price vs. risk for their particular case.

waldova

Post by waldova »

Sorry but I have to contest on this.

I had once with Vueling a delay of three hours. Three days later I received in my email (the one I used for buying the ticket) a Voucher for 60€ discount on my next Vueling trip.

To use it i was simple, you could call the callcenter and there with the number they gave in your email it was possible to buy a new ticket with the discount.

I can tell you that there a not many companies that gives discounts of such an amount for delays or cancellations.
Also Vueling doesn't cancel many flights. I have been on a Vueling flight operated by Air Europa because of problems with an A320.
In my case they promised a 40 Euro voucher for other Vueling flight purchase; not quite as per the applicable law but better than nothing. The bad news is that they never sent me the voucher!!!
Did you check your email and also your spam box in your email?

airbuske

Re: Flying on Vueling, what's your experience?

Post by airbuske »

C_J wrote:I'll be on Vueling next week (Bussels - Valencia, Barcelona - Brussels), any experiences?
They are just fantastic :wink:
Nice planes, very friendly crew , good food and nice fares.
What do you want more ? :)

The last time that we flew from Brussels to Valencia we were parked on the apron and had a bus ride to the airport bulding, that gave us the chance to take some nice pictures.
Best regards,

Airbuske