Air Belgium reveals new site

The place for all your flight-sim experiences, questions, etc...
sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Air Belgium reveals new site

Post by sab319 »

As CEO of Air Belgium I'm very proud to present you the brand new Air Belgium site. This site will enable us to stay a top-notch virtual airline leading the way for others and hopefully attracting new pilots.

After two years of Air Belgium it’s time to fly out of the storms and head for clear skies. Air Belgium, the number one fictive virtual airline in Belgium, is ready to enhance your flying experience. We are ready for the year 2006 and after two years of operations it’s time to introduce an all new Air Belgium Virtual Airlines. Let us introduce, the all new website…

Air Belgium Website
After two years of operations, it was clear that we had to introduce an all new Air Belgium. That’s why we have chosen to open an all new website for the year of 2006 to celebrate our 2 years of operations.
Our website is a new, fully automatic, concept in the virtual airline industry. With new functions as a crew centre, a flight academy or a teamspeak server, we ensure that you don’t leave this website quickly. Our pilots are able to choose different website styles and choose their favourite flying mode, Free Fly or Career.

With Free Fly the pilot is free to choose a flight in the timetables that fits his rank requirements, the pilot will receive flying hours and he needs a number of hours to gain the next rank. The pilot is also able to use the flight academy or assign flights automatically. On the other side the pilot is able to choose for the Career mode.
With Career mode the pilot is free to choose a flight in the timetables that fits his rank requirements, the pilot will receive flying hours and a validation report of his flights. This validation report will give the pilot a number of air miles. To gain a higher rank the pilot must have a specific number of air miles, a number of required hours and some passed subjects in the flight academy. The pilot is also able to assign flights automatically.

With the air miles that the pilot has received for his flight he can also receive some extra tools and presents, if he meets a specific number of air miles the pilot will receive an email with his present.

Our website contains a lot of new tools and functions and it’s up to you to discover them all and enjoy the great interface of our dynamic website. If you have any questions we you recommend visiting one of our novices days.

Picture 1 - Air Miles:

www.flyabb.com

Novices
As a novice there is a lot to learn about our virtual airline procedures and flying. That’s why we offer you novices information days on our teamspeak server. We will give you information about how to start flying and you are allowed to ask questions to one of our administrators. To join a novice day you must simply request the teamspeak activation and look at the website when the next novices day takes place.
If you were already an Air Belgium pilot on our old website you should register again, you are allowed to use a free pilot number of your choice.

Crew Centre
The crew centre of Air Belgium is the pilot’s place to be for all management and information. At our crew centre you can find information about your flights, plan a flight, debrief a flight, chat with other pilots, download tools, gather airport information, send emails to other pilots, manage your personal settings, and many more.
With our crew centre our pilots can enjoy the smart interface of virtual management, the easy to use website is a dream for every pilot and is much easier than a simple page where the pilot must request all by email. The pilot is able to customize his personal website and enjoy the great functions of the Career mode. Our crew centre can do it all and we try to develop even more functions, that will enhance your virtual airline experience even more.

www.flyabb.com/crewcentre or www.crewcentre.be

Flight Academy
Another great option at our virtual airline is the all new flight academy. At our flight academy you are able to follow theoretical and practical lessons at your own or under the guidance of a professional instructor. Our flight academy is not based on random lesson like any other virtual flight academy. Our flight academy is based on real subjects that real pilots learn when going to a flight academy. We can teach you everything, from Air Law till Flight Planning and Monitoring or a Radio Telephony lesson. Due to this our pilots are able to fly even more realistic and with a great knowledge of their aircrafts.
Of course are pilots are free to choose what subject they follow or if they follow the flight academy anyway. It’s all free of use and it’s the pilot’s choice, but if the pilot is using the Career mode than the flight academy must be followed in order to get a higher rank.

What about the lessons? The pilot is free to choose if he wants to get instructed by an instructor. These lessons will take place at our teamspeak server. If the pilot chooses for this option he will be sorted with other pilots on his native’s language and he will be teached together with the other pilots at the same time. For more information about our classes and subjects please visit our flight academy website.

www.flyabb.com/flightacademy or www.flight-academy.be

Picture 2 - Connection fleet:

Teamspeak Server
Yes, Air Belgium has its own teamspeak server, which is free of use for all our pilots. At our teamspeak server you are able to chat with other pilots, follow lessons in the flight academy, join the novices days or ask questions to administrators. In order to use our teamspeak server you must be a register pilot and you must request the teamspeak activation in your crew centre.

FlyABB.com
Yes, Air Belgium has chosen its new direction and for all people to realise that we have chosen for the top level domains .com and .be From nowadays all our pilots and visitors are able to visit our website via one of our new domains. This gives our pilots the feel that they are enjoying a virtual airline that is not just a standard one, but a virtual airline that’s knows how to set the new standard. With all our new features and domains you’ll enjoy the world of Air Belgium. Our domains can be found in the list below.

Main Website:
www.flyabb.com (main)
www.flyabb.be
www.flyaj.be
www.airbelgiumva.be
www.airbelgiumvirtual.be
www.virtualairbelgium.be

Flight Academy:
www.flyabb.com/flightacademy (main)
www.flight-academy.be

Crew Centre:
www.flyabb.com/crewcentre (main)
www.crewcentre.be

Terravia:
www.flyabb.com/terravia (main)
www.terravia.be

Forum:
www.flyabb.com/forum (main)

We hope you’ll enjoy our website and our virtual airline, and maybe, in the future, we welcome you as virtual pilot at Air Belgium.

Picture 3 - Leisure fleet:

Virtual Airline Credits
Without our team of great administrators and beta testers all this wasn’t possible, therefore we want to thank all Air Belgium administrators and all other people who helped us realising this project and setting the new standard for Air Belgium Virtual Airlines.

Management Team:
Danny Stes – Chief Executive Officer
Sonny de Smet – Chief Operating Officer
Ramon Dormans – Training Coordinator
Ramon Dormans – Webmaster
Jordi Steeno – Events Coordinator
Didier Steenbeke - Flight Operations Coordinator

Other:
Peter Franssen – Beta tester and virtual airline ideas.
Thomas Bogaert –Brussels scenery busses for Terravia.
Michiel Herman – Helped setting up Air Belgium.
Erwin Zeeuw – Hosting the teamspeak server.

Special Thanks
Special thanks go to my webmaster, Ramon Dormans. He did a fantastic job on designing and developing the new Air Belgium.

Picture 4 - Business fleet:

Thanks for reading and we hope enjoy your time at Air Belgium Virtual Airlines. And have a happy new year and the best wishes for 2006 from the complete Air Belgium team.

Yours sincerely,

Air Belgium Virtual Airlines
Danny Stes – CEO
Internet: www.flyabb.com

EHBK2005

Post by EHBK2005 »

Finally :lol: 8) .
Air Belgium Supervisor http://www.flyabb.com

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

in one word: wow! This site is even better than the site of some real airline companies. But try to make your Flight Finder easier, you need to give way too much information.
Last edited by blackhawk on 01 Jan 2006, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

sab319

Post by sab319 »

blackhawk wrote:in one word: wow! This site is even better than the site of some real airline companies.

:oops: If people say things like this to us it really means much to us and gives us the courage to continue, thanks a lot :D

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

That is indeed one hell of a good/nice website!

Indeed .. also add a feature to look for a destination in your timetable by entering the city name or ICAO code.

Good job!

waldova

Post by waldova »

Hehe! Didn´t you get contacted yet by real airlines to design their website! I must say that i'm really amased how beautifull your website is. Many real airlines must be jealous with your website.

I'm sure if you ever apply for a job as webmaster and you show them this you will get a job anywhere you want!

sab319

Post by sab319 »

AFApresident wrote: Indeed .. also add a feature to look for a destination in your timetable by entering the city name or ICAO code.
in our flight finder you can search on ICAO or IATA code directly or use our city name search function which gives both the ICAO and IATA code of the airport.

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

sab319 wrote:
AFApresident wrote: Indeed .. also add a feature to look for a destination in your timetable by entering the city name or ICAO code.
in our flight finder you can search on ICAO or IATA code directly or use our city name search function which gives both the ICAO and IATA code of the airport.

I must be doing something wrong. I tried entering EBBR and/or BRU to KJFK / JFK, ATL / KATL and or the website said there was no flight (which is impossible since you state on your website you serve BRU-JFK) or the website goes to a blank screen. :?

I didn't specify anything else (so didn't specify airline, day etc etc), but normally that shouldn't be a cause for not listing any results.

sab319

Post by sab319 »

I'll give you an example how things should be filled in to make it work (you don't need to fill in all):

ICAO= ICAO code bv EBBR

IAT= IATA code bv BRU

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Example of what I enter

EBBR
to KJFK

Airline ABB scheduled.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a229/ ... er/abb.jpg

Gives me no results.

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Apparantely i dont see the ABB banner either on your website (when I compare your screenie with mine).

Unless I have to log in to make it work :?

sab319

Post by sab319 »

no the banner works also when not logged in, and I used exactly the same things to search a flight and I get indeed the 2 flights.

there are a few options you might want to check:
1) trie searching it with IE (or another browser, just not firefox), it could be a fault in firefox

2) at least for the banner you need to install another plugin

3) check your "instellingen"

It's really odd since it works with everyone else

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

This website - just like everything else around air belgium - has the word 'quality' written all over it! Keep up the excellent work: you're amasing people with what you achieve!

greetings

bAIR

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

It doesn't work in IE either.

This is the link I get in the browser, but in both Firefox and IE it shows as a blank page.

http://www.flyabb.com/flightfinder.php? ... rch=Search

sab319

Post by sab319 »

AFApresident wrote:It doesn't work in IE either.

This is the link I get in the browser, but in both Firefox and IE it shows as a blank page.

http://www.flyabb.com/flightfinder.php? ... rch=Search
and when I click it I get the 2 flights to JFK :?

really strange

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

I will try it on the other PC tomorrow.

Flightboy2004

Post by Flightboy2004 »

teddybAIR wrote:This website - just like everything else around air belgium - has the word 'quality' written all over it! Keep up the excellent work: you're amasing people with what you achieve!
Lol, I don't want to give you a heart attack, but the website is made by me, and if you look at my nationality, i'm Dutch. 8O :wink:

I thank you all for the comments on the website.

And at AFAPresident, the problem should be a problem in your browser settings because everything works fine. It will give you 2 results like the others say. (tested with IE and firefox)

Byebye. :wink:

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Flightboy2004 wrote:
teddybAIR wrote:This website - just like everything else around air belgium - has the word 'quality' written all over it! Keep up the excellent work: you're amasing people with what you achieve!
Lol, I don't want to give you a heart attack, but the website is made by me, and if you look at my nationality, i'm Dutch. 8O :wink:
haha! Well, you got me there! See, there is hope for good understanding between Belgium and the Netherlands :wink:

AFApresident

Post by AFApresident »

Ok on this computer it works as well. (it shows the top banner and list the 2 flights).

Not sure what settings I have different on this PC :?

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

Great website! even better then Boeing's website!