Good Spotting At London Hotel

This is the place to hang out when you have finished your aviation related discussions, please remain always friendly and respectful against each other! Offensive and/or racist remarks are not allowed.
Comet

Good Spotting At London Hotel

Post by Comet »

On my recent holiday I had a night in a London hotel, as my flight was in the morning.

The hotel was Quality Hotel@Excel, located in the docklands area of London, opposite the Custom House DLR station and the Excel Centre (not the prettiest area of London).

It was a new hotel, with nice rooms (pity about the breakfast, awful sausages but the scrambled eggs weren't too bad).

The best thing about the hotel was the view from the window. Excellent views of aircraft which were just climbing away from London City!! I saw a SWISS Saab 2000, several BAe 146s and virtually the whole VLM fleet as I had breakfast that morning. One VLM aircraft after another passed the window as I was sitting there. It was an absolute treat for a dedicated VLM fan like me!!

I was not staying in my regular London hotel because it was easier to stay in the Docklands instead of risking getting across London to London City airport in the rush hour!!
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

How was the phonic insulation? Could you sleep at night?

Oh yes, LCY is closed at night...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Comet

Post by Comet »

The London City aircraft are not the noisiest aircraft around, it's hardly Heathrow!

There are strict controls on the airport, stricter than at any other UK airport.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise