Future Asian partners SNBA ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

itami

Future Asian partners SNBA ?

Post by itami »

I think after the nice deal with Etihad time has come for SNBA to find code share partners in the Far East and South East Asia. I wonder who (besides the already rumoured ANA) might be potential brides for which destinations ? :jump2:

DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

why codeshare??

Personally I don't really like the word "codeshare". I would like to see more SNBA aircrafts on other continents..

CHeers

sab319
Location: Mortsel, antwerp, Flanders, Belgium, Europe, Earth, Milky way

Post by sab319 »

Well maybe Cathay Pacific, one world member and SNBa is closely linked to one world...

Avro

Post by Avro »

DAT202D wrote:why codeshare??

Personally I don't really like the word "codeshare". I would like to see more SNBA aircrafts on other continents..

CHeers
This won't be happening in the enar future.

SN has found a niche market in Africa and has to exploit that market the best they can.

It's of no use to put an A330 on a trans atlantic route for example, where the competition is very high and where the yields are low. Buy codesharing they are able to widen their network without taking those unnecessary risks and by focusing their energy on the African routes.

However in the future they might maybe operate flights to Asia with their planes, but certainly not in the near future.

As said, I'm hoping for ANA to come back to BRU in 2006. And SN will probably codeshare with them if they come.

Any news from Hainan yet ????

Chris

firrech

Post by firrech »

I read this article :

SN Brussels is still actively looking for other partners in Asia, and particularly in China, said the company. There are contacts with Hainan Airlines in view of a link between Brussels and Beijing.

Does Hainan airlines several links through Asia???

Best regards.

EBBR

Post by EBBR »

Newspapers mentioned that SN Brussels Airlines will also start codeshare with Jet Airways on Bombay-Brussels, but when will Jet Airways start flying to Brussels?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

According to the last rumours: from the beginning of the winter schedule

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

About the question: future Asian partners SNBA. I found this a difficult and vage question. Which market will SNBA serve, what are good and potential partners, have they alliances with others carriers, etc?
SN is looking at Asia to serve it, but will it be a codeshare or will they serve it on their own. Probably a codeshare due to lack of aircrafts and risks.

It says everything and nothing. We can not give an answer on this.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Next destination in Asia need a airline with a serious hub. Hub to hub is necessary to increase traffic. SNBA hav no need to an airline with less connections to the other cities in Asia

C_J

Post by C_J »

I agree with you Airbus330Lover!

I tried to open Hainan's internetsite but this didn't work out. I don't know a lot about their Asian network, but I am quit shure their domestic network is rather big.

I think Hainan is a good and serious company, but maybe SN would do better with a "real big" Asian player, such as ANA, Asiana, Cathay,...

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

Try again, no problem to open it. And yes Hainan has a strong domestic market. If we can believe Hainan it's only for a couple of years that they are going to serve further destinations.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

And yes Hainan has a strong domestic market. If we can believe Hainan it's only for a couple of years that they are going to serve further destinations.
We need a strong domestic market for the partners of SNBA AND a strong regional network. For example, we need connections to cities like SIN, BKK, HKG .... Otherwise, we should connect via FRA, CDG, CPH..... and it will be bad for BRU.

hvv

Post by hvv »

sab319 wrote:Well maybe Cathay Pacific, one world member and SNBa is closely linked to one world...
It may be a stupid question, but if there is a close link with OneWorld, how would that work with a possibile ANA (Star Alliance) co-operation?

Hans.

hvv

Post by hvv »

The Hainan Airlines home page (http://www.hnair.com/en/) mentions a Budapest flight opening on 2 August. MALEV has been asked to help train the Hainan personnel.

Could Budapest be a competitor for Brussels?

Hans.

C_J

Post by C_J »

The opening flight was on 2 august 2004!!!

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Budapest?????

Wow strange don't really understand how there could be a market from Hungary to China!

Does anyone have a useful detailed link about the economics of flying because sometimes I really get confused? (i'm being serious here)

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Does someone knows from which date Etihad is flying on Brussels, because i saw it on the news but they didn't say a date.

Jeroen

FlyA330

Post by FlyA330 »

I find it a lost opportunity (again) for SNBA. They are increasing by codesharing and that's not the good way to do so. They stay a small company without any progress...and that makes the people working for SNBA unhappy.
At this moment SNBA is also loosing the African market to KLM/Air France with Kenya airways as a feeder. They need to act now and increase the number of destinations (without codeshare!!) and frequenties of some flights.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

@ ehamspotter,

First flight to Brussels on October 31 2005.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

@ FlyA330,

You have right about that. But the problem with SNBA is a lack of aircrafts.
They are now selling their Avro fleet and hire it back. So nothing new for so far. But they don't lease other aircrafts.

My opinion is that they need aircrafts for a mid-long distance. Why don't they take some A320 or A321 to fly to Africa. Or the new B787 for flights to Asia or America.

Are the considered it or not :?: Are they waiting till the market is full, or is it an other problem?