BRU 03/04/2005 Pictures

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Stoney

BRU 03/04/2005 Pictures

Post by Stoney »

Hi all,

what a day for spotting yesterday. I left home around 9, took my bike on the train (more expensive than I thaught) and after I arrived in Kortenberg I raced to the soundwall...
A lot of people there, busiest I ever saw it there...
Not many people on the wall though, a lot of them stayed on the road, which is strange cause you will have the fence in all those pics, anyway...

I left around 3pm, saw all the heavies and also the hewa bora, silverback, etc... The best spotting day for me so far...

I was testing my new lens there, the Sigma 70-300mm APOII super macro, this one kicks the ass of my former Nikkor 70-300...

Here's already one pic, more will follow later...

High Resolution

What do the "pro's" think about the quality of this pic?

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'm not a pro but I think the quality is very good. There are a lot of details visible in the picture which make it very interesting to look at.

Chris

William

Post by William »

Stoney, I like this pic !! :)
I arrived at the wall somewhere round 15.30 ...
I couldn't believe my eyes ... the place almost looked like beach !! Very sad to see this, if it continues like this we'll lose this place in no time !!
I went to 25L round 17.00.

But anyway, I made some photos too with my Sigma 70-300 ( non-APO ). My Sigma 50-500 should arrive this week I guess ! :)

my pics from yesterday
You should view them at 1024x... !!

William

Lamal

Post by Lamal »

Nice picture Stoney
Nice pictures William, I like the EuroAtlantic. Espicialy because I missed him, if just departed just a few seconds later I would have had him to.
But hey, thats life.
Again my congrats to you guys.

Lamal

Flying-Belgian

Post by Flying-Belgian »

William wrote:Stoney, I like this pic !! :)
I couldn't believe my eyes ... the place almost looked like beach !! Very sad to see this, if it continues like this we'll lose this place in no time !!

But anyway, I made some photos too with my Sigma 70-300 ( non-APO ). My Sigma 50-500 should arrive this week I guess ! :)

my pics from yesterday

William
What do you mean ? Was there any misconduct ? :roll:
I hope not, this place is so great...

FB.

Maaske

Post by Maaske »

Lamal
Nice picture Stoney
Nice pictures William, I like the EuroAtlantic. Espicialy because I missed him, if just departed just a few seconds later I would have had him to.
Hehe indeed , that was really not funny , and it's all my fault :P , I asked him (Lamal) to leave early :wink:

Greetz

William

Post by William »

Flying-Belgian wrote:
William wrote:Stoney, I like this pic !! :)

my pics from yesterday

William
What do you mean ? Was there any misconduct ? :roll:
I hope not, this place is so great...

FB.
Well actually there wasn't really major misconduct ... some kids running around, jumping in the wells, throwing dirt around...but actually the biggest problem with so many people there is actually the fact that there are TOO MANY people !!
The weather was good and it was sunday so that could be two major factors !!

It is a good place indeed ... we should maybe think about writing a letter to the community and to BIAC about this place, to keep this place !!

Maaske

Post by Maaske »

some kids running around, jumping in the wells, throwing dirt around...but actually the biggest problem with so many people there is actually the fact that there are TOO MANY people !!
Hehehe willy ,

It's a free world .... Everyone is free to go and stand where he pleases ...

How will you make a difference between Spotters and just people who get out of their car and watch the some airplanes ... :P

But you are right that we should unite and make a statement to the community (Zaventem) and BIAC 8O

stroman

Post by stroman »

William wrote: Well actually there wasn't really major misconduct ... some kids running around, jumping in the wells, throwing dirt around...but actually the biggest problem with so many people there is actually the fact that there are TOO MANY people !!

It is a good place indeed ... we should maybe think about writing a letter to the community and to BIAC about this place, to keep this place !!
Well, why don't you put up a stand at the crossroad in Steenokkerzeel and ask everyone for an entrance fee??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jeezes, this is a free country isn't it? Isn't it normal that on a fine day like yesterday some other people besides the ''die-hard'' spotters want to come to the airport to enjoy the great view of those landing planes? Give these people a chance to enjoy it as much as you do and don't pretend to be one of the few ''elite''-people who have the monopoly for this place...

I'm sorry, no hard feelings, but it bothers me to hear the regular spotters complain about people enjoying their sunday-afternoon around the airport. Live and let live!

grtz,

stroman :wink:

Lamal

Post by Lamal »

The high amount of people is just temporary
Once the works are finished you'll have a lot of traffic over there.

Lamal

William

Post by William »

stroman wrote:
William wrote: Well actually there wasn't really major misconduct ... some kids running around, jumping in the wells, throwing dirt around...but actually the biggest problem with so many people there is actually the fact that there are TOO MANY people !!

Well, why don't you put up a stand at the crossroad in Steenokkerzeel and ask everyone for an entrance fee??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jeezes, this is a free country isn't it? Isn't it normal that on a fine day like yesterday some other people besides the ''die-hard'' spotters want to come to the airport to enjoy the great view of those landing planes? Give these people a chance to enjoy it as much as you do and don't pretend to be one of the few ''elite''-people who have the monopoly for this place...

I'm sorry, no hard feelings, but it bothers me to hear the regular spotters complain about people enjoying their sunday-afternoon around the airport. Live and let live!

grtz,

stroman :wink:
Don't turn my words around !!
I'm certainly not saying that this place is forbidden for just normal people that want to spend their afternoon watching planes land !!
I just mean that we should respect eachothers interests !!
For common enthusiast this is nice to spend some time there ... for us 'spotters' and certainly not only the die-hards this is much more important that we can keep this place in some way !!

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

I just said that there were many people, didn't want to start a discussion like this...
Like someone said before, it was a sunday, nice weather so I think it's normal that there were many people there, no problem for me, on the contrary, the more the merrier... ;-)

I just still don't understand why most (even spotters) stayed downstairs on the road, the view from up there is so much better...

And William, I don't think that the number of people there will have something to do with the future of that place for us spotters. It will probably be impossible to come there soon so let's all just enjoy it while we can ;) Nice pics by the way, and congrats with your bigma lens that's coming up...

William

Post by William »

Thanks Stoney !

I'll leave this discussion for what it is !!
We'll see what the future brings !

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Indeed nice spotting day I heard from others.

And than not mentioning the Egypt Air Airbus A340-200.

VERY NICE!!!
Indeed the soundwall counts a lot of people in the weekend , especially on days when the weather is nice...also people walking with their dogs etc...using this road as a new route.

Only argument to not close this is the popularity; Make a legal spotting-place from it.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Maaske

Post by Maaske »

Really nice pictures stoney 8O :D
Nice front-side shots

ehamspotter

Post by ehamspotter »

Hello;

I was there to!!!!

I really liked the 342 from Egypt Air!

It really looked like it was a legal spotplace, i never saw that many people
at brussels. (And the police wasn't there!!!)

best regards:Jeroen

Fuji-Monster

Post by Fuji-Monster »

Very good photos.
The sun is a difficult factor when standing on the wall.
Congratualtions on that quality.

Could you confirm it's a Nikon D70 ?

Thanks

Stoney

Post by Stoney »

Fuji-Monster wrote:Very good photos.
The sun is a difficult factor when standing on the wall.
Congratualtions on that quality.

Could you confirm it's a Nikon D70 ?

Thanks
Hope you are talking to me ;) Yes, my camera is a D70 indeed...

Sun can indeed be a problem on the wall, but only in the afternoon, in the morning the sun is in your back so that's perfect...

Fuji-Monster

Post by Fuji-Monster »

Hello Stoney,

Great results. You have the eye and the feeling for a perfect photo.

Your link on baliforum doesn't work ... more photos there ?

Greetz