Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair Chairman David Bonderman :
Following the sale of our 29.8% stake in Aer Lingus, the Board intends to distribute the €398m proceeds to shareholders by way of a ‘B’ share programme. We expect this programme will be completed – subject to EGM approval – before the end of the calendar year. When completed we will have returned €800m to shareholders this year, and over €3.3bn over the last 7 years, in addition to more than doubling our share price over the last 18 months.”
- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... VPtOn.dpuf
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair got 398 million euros from the sale of its Aer Lingus shares to IAG. It will return this money to its shareholders.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... reholders/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... -schedule/
On other items:
FR is in talks with BA, EI and TP to provide feeding flights to their long-haul networks (and proposes to do the same with SN).
A lie, repeated ten times, remains a lie. IAG / Aer Lingus has already denied that they are in talks with Ryanair. The others (like TAP) haven’t commented on Ryanair’s statement: guess the don’t want to loose time with that nonsense.

Fact is indeed that Ryanair cannot / will not operate as a feeder:

- depending on the total price of the long haul, airlines have an average budget of 50 Euro for a feeder flight. For long haul with sharp prices like Aer Lingus, even 2 x 50 will be too much. Why would Ryanair accept such deal? They can easily sell their seats for five times more when they sell it direct (ticket price + surcharges + penalties + other revenu).

- the feeder must have the same conditions as the long haul: 20/23 kg luggage, airport check-in, preseating, airport assistance. Ryanair cannot or doesn't want to provide this.

- the feeder must have to same quality as the long haul: friendly staff, tolerance when there's a small overweight, a friendly inflight experience (thus no screaming onboard like “another ontime performance”, no "please, please, buy scratch cards”), hand luggage must be in the cabin, …

- as feeder, there is no benefit for Ryanair for ancilliary revenu on rental cars and hotel bookings;

- Ryanair said that the long haul must take over responsability in case the feeder is delayed. No airline will accept this. What if a CRL-DUB is delayed, let’s say 2,5 hours, and the US-bound flight is gone? Will Aer Lingus pay the hotel because Ryanair is too late?? Will Ryanair send pax from CRL to Dublin, knowing that the long haul will be gone upon arrival? The actual BRU-system even rejects such delayed feeder flight (can be overruled when passengers sign that they will pay for a hotel themselves).

- luggage has to be transferred to the long haul (and vice versa) automaticly - not possible with FR system;

- given Ryanair’s extremely high the load factor, it would be nonsense for them to sell their last remaining seats cheap-cheap to a long haul airline. Ryanair can cash in 5 times more if it would sell those seats themselves: basic fare, surcharges, penalties and anciliarry revenu.

- a feeder flight from isolated airfields like Beauvais, Charleroi and Hahn is asking for trouble because there will be no alternative to reach the main airport when something goes wrong. The time lapse to find a solution for outgoing passengers is 2 tot 4 hours maximum.

- on most FR routes, the frequency is too low for a feeder flight. Latest example: Larnaca. just two flights a week. Long haul too late = three or four nights in Cyprus...

- a feeder must have interline agreements with other airlines in case of a delay. Ryanair doesn’t. And other airlines won't help them, even if the have vacancy (unless at full fare). Quite normal, when you are insulted on a daily basis by O’Leary.

- a feeder airline must have the availability to rebook passengers on a later flight. Ryanair's very high load factor doens't allow this.

- I cannot imagine that long haul Business Class passengers will accept Ryanair as a feeder. Example: "Where are your business class lounges? Do you really expect us to walk the whole way to the aircraft in this pouring rain?"

Conclusion: this whole story “Ryanair will become a feeder airline” has only one purpose: to push the Ryanair share value to new hights.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Chief Executive Officer Bjoern Kjos confirmed that talks are under way on cooperation with Ryanair Holdings Plc, Europe’s biggest discount carrier, that could see the Irish company help feed passenger’s onto Norwegian’s long-haul flights “from every corner of Europe.” A deal could be concluded “shortly,” he said.

http://skift.com/2015/09/25/norwegian-a ... l-flights/

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair won't ever fly transatlantic services, the airline's chairman David Bonderman insisted yesterday.
"We have no interest in flying transatlantic," he told shareholders at the airline's annual general meeting at Dublin Airport yesterday.
The current position is that if Mr O'Leary and Co. ever launch services to the US it will be as a separate company, with different branding.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Chief Executive Officer Bjoern Kjos confirmed that talks are under way on cooperation with Ryanair Holdings Plc, Europe’s biggest discount carrier, that could see the Irish company help feed passenger’s onto Norwegian’s long-haul flights “from every corner of Europe.” A deal could be concluded “shortly,” he said.

http://skift.com/2015/09/25/norwegian-a ... l-flights/
Kjos (Norwegian's CEO) already announced this pregnancy in 2013: "...Gatwick is ideal because we have a lot of feeder flights in and out of there," said Kjos. "Gatwick also has one of the biggest networks in Europe when you take all the EasyJet and Ryanair traffic there. It will give us a lot of transfer traffic opportunities..."
http://www.philippineflightnetwork.com/ ... ights.html

Ryanair does'nt accept responsability when a transfer between two of their own flights goes wrong (example when one flight is delayed). And Ryanair wants Norwegian to accept responsability (example hotel stay DBB) when a Ryanair flight is delayed? Is Norwegian really that desperate?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote: Ryanair does'nt accept responsability when a transfer between two of their own flights goes wrong (example when one flight is delayed). And Ryanair wants Norwegian to accept responsability (example hotel stay DBB) when a Ryanair flight is delayed? Is Norwegian really that desperate?
No, they realise they have gold in hand and the potential to cause the biggest revolution in air travel in a very long time. ;)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote: Ryanair does'nt accept responsability when a transfer between two of their own flights goes wrong (example when one flight is delayed). And Ryanair wants Norwegian to accept responsability (example hotel stay DBB) when a Ryanair flight is delayed? Is Norwegian really that desperate?
No, they realise they have gold in hand and the potential to cause the biggest revolution in air travel in a very long time. ;)
They have been talking since years about it. If they really have gold in their hands, I'm sure they would have implemented their plans a loooooong time ago. Lol

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Rome wasnt build in a day ITR .. I'm sure you know that ;)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Does it mean that Norwegian is downplaying its own short-haul flights in favour of long-haul?
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

From an interview of Michael O'Leary in "La Dernière Heure" :

- So, for example , a passenger could take a combined Ryanair - British Airways flight from Charleroi to New York via London ?

- "Yes, it will be a common ticket. We will arrange to bring passengers to London and, there, British Airways will ensure the rest of the trip to New York. The passenger will not have to retrieve their baggage at London. We'll have to make some adjustments, of course, but this project could emerge fairly quickly. Moreover, we could , in the same way , supply African Brussels Airlines flights . Why not after all? "

http://www.dhnet.be/actu/economie/ryana ... f19ed6f9f5

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:From an interview of Michael O'Leary in "La Dernière Heure" :

- So, for example , a passenger could take a combined Ryanair - British Airways flight from Charleroi to New York via London ?

- "Yes, it will be a common ticket. We will arrange to bring passengers to London and, there, British Airways will ensure the rest of the trip to New York. The passenger will not have to retrieve their baggage at London. We'll have to make some adjustments, of course, but this project could emerge fairly quickly. Moreover, we could , in the same way , supply African Brussels Airlines flights . Why not after all? "

http://www.dhnet.be/actu/economie/ryana ... f19ed6f9f5
If La Dernière Heure would publish this story on 1st April, we would all say "hey, that's a good one".

I've explained yesterday why Ryanair cannot be used as feeder:
https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic ... 20#p322762

This whole Ryanair feeder plan is to be classified with the other fantasy stories that O'Leary brings up whenever the share value goes down: we will fly with one pilot only, we will remove all seats and passengers will stand up, we will charge one Euro for the use of the toilets, we will remove the toilets, we will fly long haul, people will soon fly for free, we will forbit hold luggage and only allow handbags, ...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:I've explained yesterday why Ryanair cannot be used as feeder:
and because you say so, it's true? :D
Passenger wrote: This whole Ryanair feeder plan is to be classified with the other fantasy stories that O'Leary brings up whenever the share value goes down
Share price is 2 points up in a months time .. What are you talking about? :D

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: I've explained yesterday why Ryanair cannot be used as feeder:
You should advise Michael O'Leary - not only us - that he is wrong, I am sure he will realize his mistake, fire his entire commercial staff and humbly ask you to join his company.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:
and because you say so, it's true?
Do you also have arguments, apart from “I don’t believe you” and “we have found gold”?

When Ryanair stated the first time that they were talking to Virgin, TAP, IAG (British Airways) and others about "feeder flights", IAG immediately denied those “talks”. The others apparently didn’t want to loose time on that. Nowadays, even IAG doesn’t react anymore.

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:This whole Ryanair feeder plan is to be classified with the other fantasy stories that O'Leary brings up whenever the share value goes down
Share price is 2 points up in a months time .. What are you talking about?
Last Thursday, your shareholders weren’t happy with the plans for the pay out from the Aer Lingus sale. The share lost 4,2% that day. Reaction in Dublin: “we must get another Ryanair story in the press urgently, so let’s do the feeder story again”. Result: share is are up 1,3%.

airazurxtror wrote:From an interview of Michael O'Leary in "La Dernière Heure" :
Actually, I feel sorry for that LDH journo who really seems to believe that a FR flight CRL-LHR is cheaper and/or better for BA then an BA flight LHR-BRU. It’s like stating that La Dernière Heure should accept adverts for Le Soir because adverts bring in cash.

airazurxtror wrote:You should advise Michael O'Leary - not only us - that he is wrong, I am sure he will realize his mistake, fire his entire commercial staff and humbly ask you to join his company.
Thanks but no thanks. I don’t have the right profile: I have too much rechtvaardigheidsgevoel (sense of justice) in me. I really can’t rip off passengers, even not when I’m drilled hundred times to say “it’s according to our general conditions that you agreed” or “read your mail”.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
I think Passenger brings up some reasonable points. Maybe you should read it with an open mind...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
sean1982 wrote:
I think Passenger brings up some reasonable points. Maybe you should read it with an open mind...
Even if he does, it's no secret that he hates Ryanair (like you) and never ever said anything good about them. Even if FR would start giving a bar of gold to their passengers tomorrow upon boarding, he would still bitch about it. So thanks, but no thanks :)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
Even if he does, it's no secret that he hates Ryanair (like you) and never ever said anything good about them. Even if FR would start giving a bar of gold to their passengers tomorrow upon boarding, he would still bitch about it. So thanks, but no thanks :)
I knew it was to much to ask from you ;-)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:Even if he [passenger, edited] does, it's no secret that he hates Ryanair (like you) and never ever said anything good about them. Even if FR would start giving a bar of gold to their passengers tomorrow upon boarding, he would still bitch about it. So thanks, but no thanks.
In case you forgot why: I don't like Ryanair because I don't like the business model = low fares but high surcharges & penalties.

Furthermore, passengers reviews constantly proof that many of your passengers are unaware about these charges & penalties. Two of these reviews, from last week: Airlinequality.com, 26th Sept 2015: "We feel robbed by Ryanair, they are sneaky and misleading!" Airlinequality.com, 23th Sept 2015: "What a scam! The business model they are running with having different rules than general airline companies are very confusing".

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

We have exactly the same score as SN on airlinequality.com ... Cant be as bad then ;)