Second Brussels-spottersmeeting

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Will you go to the 20/07/2003 spottersmeeting?

Total votes: 0

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Be carefull Meerkat !! André's wife Terenia is also looking in the forums. Maybe your wife signed up with Flying-Godess as username
I hope not as she might find out what I do in my spare time!!! My wife only likes aircraft that spit flames out of rear and burst your eardrums. She loves F-16's and F-15's but airliners leave her cold but she puts up with me because she gts to visit places she would never normally go, particularly as airfields are out in the countryside. Her favourite trip was to Davis-Monthan AFB (AMARC) down in Tucson Arizona (mine too if truth be known, although Miami takes some beating and a visit to the largest gathering of aircraft in the world at Oshkosh, Wisconsin was awesome)

Meerkat :wink:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Guys,

a small disappointment for the spottersmeeting... I just received an e-mail of the maker of the luchtzak T-shirts and they told me that the T-shirts will not be ready on the 20th of July... :( but only on the 23th of July...

I will show off with mine and you can order them afterwards, I will send them via the Belgian post :lol:

ciao,

Bart

Glider

Post by Glider »

Probably I'll be there, but I voted 'maybe'.

Originally, I couldn't make it because of a 'family-reunion' (call it as you wish). But it seems that it will take another couple of weeks to meet far relatives. Now this sunday, I only have to go to a dinner, but that's in the evening.
So, probably I'll be there in the morning, I'll see how long I can stay.

Cheers,
Glider

thomascookie

Post by thomascookie »

I will definitly come to; I was there at the first spottersmeeting but then I wasn't sure that it where you guys
this time i will be standing next to Rutger
CU all

Avro

Post by Avro »

I'll be spotting on the little road which is parallel with the 25L

Hope to see you all :lol:
Chris :wink:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Hi all,

Bad news... due to the Ba-strike in the UK Sabena_690 will not make it to the spottersmeeting :(

Good news: I only have to work as from 18.00 (reserve) so I can stay all day till the early evening! Emmy (muisje) joins me as well but she will return to Gent by train at 17.00

ciao,

Bart

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

Just checking the latest developments about the meeting... and now of to bed. A long day ahead tomorrow...

C ya sebiet é guys (& girl(s))

Greetz
TOM (aerobel.be)

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Hello,

It was a nice day spotting at Ebbr 25L. We have seen a lot of aircrafts, even a special aircraft, the second Avro of SNBA in the new c/s. For the people woo were not able to come, see you the next time at the spotting event;

Greetz,

Dave

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yeah it was nice to see you all. I had a great time even though 25L was not in use for some time because of the calibrations.
Hope to see you all again soon

Ciao

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Now, those who did not come are waiting for the hundreds of nice pictures that you've made all of ya. :-)
André
ex Sabena #26567

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

Yoooow,

Back home... Nice to some of the forum/spotter collegues, nice to meet you all... and c ya next time. On the way back stopped @ Flanders Expo to shoot some pics of the helo doing some flights above the "Gentse Feesten". (special thx tot Emmy :wink: )

some pictures... first two. luchtzakken@work. The last one, higlight of the day... first arrival of OO-DJL in new coloursheme, second of the fleet.

Greetz
TOM

www.aerobel.be
tom@aerobel.be

Avro

Post by Avro »

Nice pics Tom, but I'm not on them :evil:
Well maybe next time :wink:

Chris

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

I had to hurry Avro... the first aircraft on 25L, since we were there, was arriving and I didn't want to miss it 8)

Greetz
TOM

Avro

Post by Avro »

Yeah you're right. After more than a one hour wait to see an aircraft land :cry:, you wouldn't have thought being at BRU

Ciao

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Hi guys,

First of all, let me apologize for the fact that I didn't make it as well... Just like Sabena_690, I got stuck at LHR's T1 Friday evening for more than 15 hours :(

Anyway, due to personal reasons, I decided not to come to BRU yesterday, even though I really wanted to.

I see you guys made really nice pics! Too bad I missed the new SNBA c/s, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to see that one, right? ;-)

Anyway, watch out for the pics I made last week in the UK and Ireland...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Avro wrote:Nice pics Tom, but I'm not on them :evil:
Well maybe next time :wink:
Chris,

I made some pictures as well but I will have to look at it first. In fact I was on reserve yesterday evening at 18.00 and daily management telephoned me at 17.00 that I needed to do a nigthstop to Geneva SN2721 and returned with SN2124 this morning. It was a relaxing flight with one of our stewardesses had her release-flight to become a purser! I needed to come with because we had over 84 passengers on the way up to Geneva. This to say that I didn't had any time yet to amuse me with the pictures ;-)

Yesterday was nice to have a chat with everyone and to meet the people behind the usernames! Avro - Liebensd - Leo - Aerobel - BIVA and the others are now familiar faces for me ;-) Of course I allready met Muisje :lol: and Meerkat before 8)

Not so many people where present but I think everyone was a little bit scattered around the airport, maybe a lesson for the next time that we come together that we add the exact place (or with road-signs)

Too bad as well that the runway 25 R was closed for a while :( But there was good weather :lol: That was allready great !

I had a nice spaghetti with Bruno, a retired pilot and one of my friends and with Pressclub, now SN BA's spokesmen! We chatted a lot in the restaurent and we didn't watch the time that's why we showed up later than promised :oops:

Anyway I liked it overall! Maybe our 3th spottersmeeting could be organised allready? This time a bus-trip to Paris CDG or Amsterdam?

greetings,

Bart
:rock:

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Like Apuneger, I'm sorry I missed the party (for family reasons), and I am even more unhappy that I didn't meet you all. I'm sure you enjoyed it, and I'm anxiously waiting for more pix.

Greetings to all of ya!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Avro

Post by Avro »

and we didn't watch the time that's why we showed up later than promised
Finally you tell us the truth :lol: , yesterday you told us the service was very slow :wink:
Anyway I liked it overall! Maybe our 3th spottersmeeting could be organised allready? This time a bus-trip to Paris CDG or Amsterdam?
That's a very good idea. :D

Greetz
Chris

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:I had a nice spaghetti with Pressclub, now SN BA's spokesmen!
Is that the guy who denies that SN BA lost 30 miilion € during the first quarter, but refused to give another figure, notwithstanding the fact that the National Bank received a report from SN BA with the 30 million?

Nothing against him :wink:
but I would like to know the truth 8O
André
ex Sabena #26567

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Avro wrote:
and we didn't watch the time that's why we showed up later than promised
Finally you tell us the truth :lol: , yesterday you told us the service was very slow :wink:
Addition: indeed the service took a long time as well. 20 minutes before we got ordered and another 25 minutes before our food arrived. :lol: