Second Brussels-spottersmeeting

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Will you go to the 20/07/2003 spottersmeeting?

Total votes: 0

Avro

Post by Avro »

Bart,
Why don't you put the poster on the frontpage of the website, I think you'll catch more people with it.

Chris
:wink:

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Good ID Avro,

Maybe somebody can post a massage on several forums? Or is that allready did? :wink:

I hope there will be lots of people!

See you all then 8)

Regards,

Rutger

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Guys,

the following websites are informed:
- www.airliners.net
- www.piloten.be

the following aviation clubs are informed:
- Hoevenen vliegclub
- Antwerpen vliegclub
- Brussels crew and staff entrance

the following press has been informed:
- VRT Journaal
- 1000 zonnen en garnalen
- VTM
- RTBF, RTL, Télébruxelles, Ab3.be (merci André pour ton explications an Francais) now I need to speak French if they show up ;-)
- het laatste nieuws

Maybe someone can contact the other French and Dutch newspapers like Le Soir, La Libre, Het Nieuwsblad, etc... ?

Anyway thanks allready for the great help guys !

ciao,

Bart

Zorba

Post by Zorba »

Bart,

Can I do that? Plz?

Regards,

Rutger

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

Can someone provide me with a press-text that has been send to the media? I will post it on my forum & news... and distribute it to my collegues at Roularta (De Streekkrant, De Zondag)

Normally there will be no Zondag at 20th July... but maybe we can publish it this weekend. So plz, be urgent.

Greetz
TOM

www.aerobel.be
tom@aerobel.be

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

luchtzak wrote:Maybe someone can contact the other French and Dutch newspapers like Le Soir, La Libre, Het Nieuwsblad, etc... ?
Done it yesterday for the French-speaking newspapers.

For Aerobel:

Tom, I did not send a press dossier, just the poster together with a brief inviatation: "Peut-être serez-vous intéressé à couvrir l'évènement en annexe? Luchtzak.be réunit 1500 enthousiastes de l'aviation en Belgique et à l'étranger; quelques dizaines d'entre eux seront toute la journée du 20 juillet aux abords de Bruxelles National (début de la piste 25L à Steenokkerzeel, près de centre pour réfugiés) pour observer et photographier les avions et discuter aviation."
André
ex Sabena #26567

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Guys, a very important update concerning the poster:

A correct version can be found at the following URL:
http://users.telenet.be/PowerCorruption ... ffiche.pdf

Sorry for all the inconveniences ;-)
Ivan

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

Ivan,

thanks for the update but I also liked the old version! It gives that extra special touch ;-)

ciao,

Bart

aerobel

Post by aerobel »

The local redaction of De Streekkrant/De Zondag has been contacted by the head office in Roeselare... So normally it will be published.

And normally I will join you guys (and girls ?)... I come from Brugge. If someone wants to join me by train or by car? Just give me phonecall or mail me...

TOM

tom@aerobel.be
www.aerobel.be

statler

Post by statler »

Hi there,

just a question with respect to this spottersmeeting. I'm a rather newbie in this field. I am an aviation enthousiastic, but am by no means a regular spotter. Would it nevertheless be possible for me to come and have a look?

Cheers,
Wim.

Avro

Post by Avro »

Of course, just come along and join the crowd. :lol:

Hope to see you all :wink:
Chris :wink:

Apuneger

Post by Apuneger »

Yeah, whether you're a die-hard spotter or someone who likes to look a planes, you're all welcome!

Ivan

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

statler wrote: I'm a rather newbie in this field. I am an aviation enthousiastic, but am by no means a regular spotter.
I've been looking at planes for tens of years (this tells you how old I am), and I'm still a newbie in this field :lol: , 'cause I rarely take pictures :cry: . But I'm not afraid whatsoever to come along :P
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sabena_690

Post by Sabena_690 »

Of course everybody is welcome!

Regards
Frederic
Brussels Airlines - Flying Your Way

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

Hi All

Just to add my piece to this discussion.

The term "spotter" can mean many things - from the photographs only to the registrations only taker, including the casual "stop by the road to watch a plane land" types. Everyone is welcome to come and do what they like to do, be it for the whole day or just a quick stop to say hello.

Personally, I rarely take pictures as I learnt long ago that almost everyone else takes better pics than me! So I am the classic English "number grubber" who writes down every reggie he sees, from balloons to ULM's to airliners to heavy metal military.

One point I feel it worth making about the day itself - if landings are on 25L then parking near the water tower will be at a premium, so it may be better to park near the Kortenberg railway station and walk up yo the meeting place ( I have noticed that since the kids have been off school and the weather has been good that there are quite a few cars parked along the road everyday) I shall go on my bike or walk as I only live a short distance from 25L.

I look forward to putting faces to the names I see here on Luchtzak - please come and introduce yourself.

Meerkat

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

The weather will be ok this Sunday. A question for the experienced spotters at Ebbr, is there something in the area for to eat or to drink or do you need to take everything from home or is there a member with a “ Fritkot” ?

Greetz,

Dave

Avro

Post by Avro »

It would be great if someone had a Fritkot :lol: , but I think the best thing to do, is to bring your own food. :wink:

Hope to see you all on sunday :wink:

Chris

meerkat

Post by meerkat »

If landings are on 25L then the meeting point (as per last spotter meeting) we will be close to the "Jumbo" bar (about 200 metres) which serves food and drink.

Most of the Frituurs in the area do not open until 17.00 on Sundays but are some way from the meeting point. Perhaps I should get my wife to fire up our fryer and shuttle the fries to our meeting!! (hope she doesn't read this post!)

Meerkat :wink:

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

meerkat wrote:hope she doesn't read this post!
Be carefull Meerkat !! André's wife Terenia is also looking in the forums. Maybe your wife signed up with Flying-Godess as username ;-) ;-)

Glider

Post by Glider »

Guys,

Take pictures, make films, write comments and texts, etc etc, because...

I can't come :( :cry: :( :cry: :oops:

Sad, sad, really sad regards...
Glider