Lufthansa cabin crew set to strike

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

eurojet

Re: Lufthansa cabin crew set to strike

Post by eurojet »

this Friday will be the full monthy, it seems, with 24 hours across all stations. Escaped it today by rebooking through Vienna to Kiev ... 12th it is me and the misses going back to Lux, so let's wait and see ...

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

eurojet wrote:this Friday will be the full monthy, it seems, with 24 hours across all stations. Escaped it today by rebooking through Vienna to Kiev ... 12th it is me and the misses going back to Lux, so let's wait and see ...
Tomorrow (Friday) 66% of the LH flights will be cancelled: http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/942/Economie/a ... hten.dhtml

EBKT

Post by EBKT »

Not confirmed yet but I'll be stuck in Almaty. The inbound flight to ALA is cancelled... so can spend the weekend here in Kazakhstan!

Stij

Post by Stij »

My parents are flying to Calgary today with LH and AC via FRA. After a lot of phonecalls yesterday their plans weren't reshuffled to much:

LH BRU FRA cancelled => ICE from Liège to FRA instead, tour operator pays.
AC FRA Cakgary => Operated by AC, so no strike.

So, apart from departing 4 hours earlier and probably a big mess in FRA, they're fine!

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The strikes are cancelled for the next 6 weeks whilst talks will be ongoing between the UFO union and LH management. My LH flights next Wednesday are safe!
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

from Lufthansa's "travel information" page:

"...The nationwide cabin crew strike called by the Independent Flight Attendants Organization (UFO) on Friday, 7 September 2012, has been ended. Lufthansa and UFO signed a preliminary agreement over mediation. Starting on Saturday, 8 September 2012 there will no longer be any strikes until an arbiter's ruling..."

liebensd

Post by liebensd »

Hello,

Last Tuesday I was suppose to fly: BRU-MUC-ARN. Brussels Munich was no problem, but LH changed the Munich Stockholm flight to an earlier time so I missed my connection. The reason was that they wanted to send the aircraft out before strike. But after all it wasn't LH managed to get me to Stockholm with only one hour delay. They changed my flight to SAS via Copenhagen.

Dave

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote: "The nationwide cabin crew strike called by the Independent Flight Attendants Organization (UFO) on Friday, 7 September 2012, has been ended."
If Lufthansa considers that the strike has ended, the UFO union says it is only suspended for 6 weeks, until independent arbitration has ruled about it. Let us hope that both parties will agree with the conclusions of the arbitration.
André
ex Sabena #26567

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

After arbitration, Lufthansa agrees to give in in order to settle the labour dispute:

http://www.standaard.be/artikel/detail. ... 3_00367094

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Lufthansa, cabin crew settle pay dispute

Lufthansa (LH) and its cabin crew, represented by the UFO union, have reached an agreement to resolve a pay dispute that has been ongoing since April.

The new pay agreement, negotiated under arbitration, will raise the cabin crew’s pay 3.95%.

In addition to the pay increase, all cabin staff will receive a one-off payment of €320. UFO also agreed to other concessions, including allowing LH to offer new employees lower-cost contracts.

In exchange, LH said there would be no layoffs through at least Dec. 31, 2014, and agreed that any employees who work for its Germanwings subsidiary would remain LH employees.

LH would not comment on how much the agreement will cost the carrier, especially in light of its cost-cutting program SCORE to improve annual earnings by €1.5 billion.

Source: ATW online
André
ex Sabena #26567

BrusselsAirlines

Post by BrusselsAirlines »

The world upside down...