new Belgian Aviation Hobby Store: MicroWings

Looking for a specific safety-card, an aviation magazine or a special aircraft model? Want to sell your stuff? Like to exchange with other members? This is the place for all your aviation hobby-related questions and answers!
Advisor

Post by Advisor »

killerwhale65 wrote:We will probably order it this week. this is the model (copy and paste the link otherwise it does not work):

http://www.herpa.de/collect/(bw4eupfmsh ... s=&thumb=1

Its in 1:400 scale: is that ok?

About the other airlines you mentioned: none of the are in the Herpa range, except Kingfisher, which we already have in stock.
No, not the tristar my friend.......we are keen on the 747 series of AirIndia :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

these are unfortunately discontinued.
Matthias Thoen
MicroWings - Aviation Hobby Store

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

killerwhale65 wrote:these are unfortunately discontinued.
The 747 for AirIndia have been discontinued :cry: ......& the Tristar are in production......Hope Herpa is okay cos Tristar is not in service at Air India since the 1990's :roll:

Please suggest what to do, as we are planning to build up an Indian Airport and your guidance will be appreciated :)
Aum Sweet Aum.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

hi,

It's a nice idea to build an Indian airport!
About the Tristar: Herpa does not only produce current liveries, but also older liveries. So it's perfectly possible that Herpa produces the Tristar in Air India colors, since Air India flew them several years ago.

Now about your airport: i think its best not to mix 1/400 and 1/500 scale, if you want it to be a bit realistic. On the other hand, if you do mix them, you might be able to get a wider variety of airplanes, especially when you want to limit the range to planes that fly in India. And after all: 1/400 and 1/500 are not too different in size.

I hope this helps a bit.
Matthias Thoen

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

killerwhale65 wrote:hi,

It's a nice idea to build an Indian airport!
About the Tristar: Herpa does not only produce current liveries, but also older liveries. So it's perfectly possible that Herpa produces the Tristar in Air India colors, since Air India flew them several years ago.

Now about your airport: i think its best not to mix 1/400 and 1/500 scale, if you want it to be a bit realistic. On the other hand, if you do mix them, you might be able to get a wider variety of airplanes, especially when you want to limit the range to planes that fly in India. And after all: 1/400 and 1/500 are not too different in size.

I hope this helps a bit.
Thank you for your suggestion. I do not mind the scale. I would appreciate if you could suggest to me the indian arena planes and my options.
Aum Sweet Aum.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

well, if you plan on only using Indian airlines, then Herpa will only provide you very limited options. As mentioned before, from the list you gave me only Kingfisher and Indian Airlines are available.

However, if you plan on putting all airlines that come to Indian airports (so also foreign carriers), then you will have a much greater choice. In this case its a matter of finding out which carriers serve several Indian airports (for example on the airport sites or on http://www.airliners.net), and then looking on http://www.herpa.de which models they have available.

PS: don't make the mistake of putting let's say an American regional airplane on your display. If you want a carrier that comes from far you'll be needing the heavies!

PPS: if you have any models that you want i can order them for you if we don't have them in stock.
Matthias Thoen

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

killerwhale65 wrote:well, if you plan on only using Indian airlines, then Herpa will only provide you very limited options. As mentioned before, from the list you gave me only Kingfisher and Indian Airlines are available.

However, if you plan on putting all airlines that come to Indian airports (so also foreign carriers), then you will have a much greater choice. In this case its a matter of finding out which carriers serve several Indian airports (for example on the airport sites or on http://www.airliners.net), and then looking on http://www.herpa.de which models they have available.

PS: don't make the mistake of putting let's say an American regional airplane on your display. If you want a carrier that comes from far you'll be needing the heavies!

PPS: if you have any models that you want i can order them for you if we don't have them in stock.
Thanks for your help my friend. I shall surf the sites suggested and revert back to you.
Aum Sweet Aum.

a380man

Post by a380man »

hello
i was looking at the Herpa catalogue and i saw a JAL B747 and a B777 and then i looked at micro wings and saw you have not got any on the web-site so i was wondering if you could please order any JAL aircraft because i am realy into JAL at the moment. :lookaround:

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

hi,

We have a JAL A300 in stock. No problem to order the others. If you email me with the exact herpa-item numbers you are looking for then i can reply to you with the details.

Thanks!
Matthias Thoen

Vinnie-Winnie

Post by Vinnie-Winnie »

Assuming I would like to order a model which is out of stock at Herpa... Would you be able to get it somewhere else?

I'd be very interested by the 767-400 from Continental...

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

It depends. Our dealer can still have some stock left, but thats only a small chance. I would have to order it and see what happens. I suggest you do that - it doestn't cost you anything. Of course you only pay if we actually get our hands on it.

PS: @ Advisor: I hope you and your loved ones are ok after the bombings!! Let us know soon!
Matthias Thoen

bits44

Post by bits44 »

I don't know if these are available yet but it looks like what you are after.

http://www.aviationworld.net/product.as ... 82&cID=939

I'm sure Killerwhale would be able to order this from " Big Bird"

KT
There are no strangers in the world, just friends we have yet to meet.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

killerwhale65 wrote:It depends. Our dealer can still have some stock left, but thats only a small chance. I would have to order it and see what happens. I suggest you do that - it doestn't cost you anything. Of course you only pay if we actually get our hands on it.

PS: @ Advisor: I hope you and your loved ones are ok after the bombings!! Let us know soon!
Most honourable loved ones at Luchtzak :) We are all okay here and my immediate family is in the United States. Am alone here, and the airport has given me a car to commute, so was saved.
Thank you for all your concern and love. I am touched.
Aum Sweet Aum.

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

bits44 wrote:I don't know if these are available yet but it looks like what you are after.

http://www.aviationworld.net/product.as ... 82&cID=939

I'm sure Killerwhale would be able to order this from " Big Bird"

KT
Well Air India yes

The Jumbo Jet yes

The 747 series yes

But the 400 Dash version :mexwave:

:rock: Thanks Anyways Bits :wink:
Aum Sweet Aum.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Between August 2 - 5, MicroWings organises it’s first

GIANT SUMMERSALE!

During those days, every customer will get a discount of

-20%

To enjoy our wonderfull summer promo, just enter the following Discount Code during checkout:

SUMMERSALE

Be there @ www.Micro-Wings.com
Matthias Thoen

Buzz

Post by Buzz »

I couldn't resist :D

It's just so easy... :wink:

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

Dear MicroWings.....

We read about your summer sale :!:

How much time does it generally take for a model to be delivered. :?:

:arrow: Please let us know.
Aum Sweet Aum.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

Hello,

Sorry, but the summersale ended a while ago. Shipping time depends on the destination and on your choice of priority or non-priority shipping.

Best regards,
Matthias Thoen

Advisor

Post by Advisor »

killerwhale65 wrote:Hello,

Sorry, but the summersale ended a while ago. Shipping time depends on the destination and on your choice of priority or non-priority shipping.

Best regards,
Any other sales planned for the near future & what is the cost of priority shipping to India.
Aum Sweet Aum.

killerwhale65

Post by killerwhale65 »

no sorry, nothing else is planned. Special actions will be announced on the website and in MicroNews, our newsletter (which you will receive as a customer; if you are not a customer you can register to receive MicroNews at our website). We do have however at all times a selection of our products available at discounted prices: http://www.micro-wings.com/specials.php

You can find everything about our shipping prices here: http://www.micro-wings.com/shipping.php
priority shipping to India for 1 item would be €7.85.
Matthias Thoen