Your first flight

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
DAT202D

Post by DAT202D »

My first flight was a longhaul from Brussels to Bangkok via Heathrow.

Year: 2001

First airline I flew:

---> on traject BRU-LHR : BMI A319
---> on traject LHR-BKK : THAI B744

Route: BRU - LHR - BKK

Was I scared? Hell no, but I was soooo nervous !! I was on my own as my gf was Thai and she was already to Thailand earlier. I was so nervous that after I recieved my first airline meal (sandwich) I threw up :oops: :(

I still remember the amazing moment when I left the A319 (which I found already a large airplane :) ) and entered the 744 at LHR ! 8O 8) Maaaaaan, what a huge aircraft !! I didn't stop talking to the guy next to me from denmark :roll: . Finally after 11 hours flight I landed at Bangkok.

Since then I have been flying all over europe and been in Thailand 5 times now. In June i'm going to Thailand for atleast 1 year :wink:

Cheers

DELETED

re:

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

heathrow

Post by heathrow »

where did you fly? London Heathrow to Toronto (Immigration flgiht)

What airline did you fly on? British Arways

What type of aircraft did you fly on? Boeing 747-100
What year or date was it: January 17 1993

peacemaker

Post by peacemaker »

hmm in 1992 i think, it was sabena to spain, so not a big aircraft, guess 737 or a320... i was 3 years old, but i remember it very well, my grandparents had a house in spain and we went a few times, but now they sold it, they are to old to travel...

a380man

Post by a380man »

My first flight was in 2003 :oops: .i was only 9!!i was flying Ryanair 737.i was only scared for five minutes then it was fine! :lol:

CSB

Post by CSB »

Don't really remember my first flight, cause it must have been around my first birthday (summer 1985) when we went on a holiday to calpe, so my first flight must have been Brussels-Alicante on a belgian charter (Sobelair or Air Belgium i think)

PH-RVG

Post by PH-RVG »

My first flight was on 8-7-1960 with the PH-DCC a DC-8-30 (KLM) from Schiphol to Schiphol on a crew training flight over the North Sea.
In a way, my wife's first flight was better, it was on 29-10-1971 with the OO-AUV a DC-3 operated by DAT from Endhoven to Brussels followed by the OO-SJE a Sabena 707 from BRU to TLV.

Rob

----------------------
these dates make me feel really old ...

Gladko

Post by Gladko »

My first flight was on 21 august 1995.
Brussels - Bangkok with Sobelair B767-300 (OO-SBY)
I wasn't scared but it was a little bit boring : 12 hours in a very crowded airplane (and no window seats) :(

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

I never have window seats. My parenst change it so we can sit in the middle row of the 767.

C150Pilot

Post by C150Pilot »

My first airline flight was in 1946 on an AA DC-3 from BUR to PHX. My age was 16. I was thrilled, not scared.

I had previously flown in an L-19 2 seat liason plane (similar to a Piper Cub) from the dummy runway at Santa Monica (SMO) when I was a Civil Air Patrol cadet during WW2. The real runway was covered with camoulflaged because of concerns that the Japanese might bomb the adjacent Douglas plant.

I now occasionally pilot rented Cessnas out of SBA.

vc-10

Post by vc-10 »

I first flew when I was only 10 months old back to the UK for my Christening, with BA or Lufthansa, in late 1991. But the first flight that I can remember was Gatwick-Athens(fuel stop)-Mombassa with Caledonian Airways. Is was great fun, but the plane was knackered, creaking, the bins opened occasionally, and the Video was just that, they had a VCR in one bin, and they would fast forward through the adverts for other films at the begining! The system was unreliable, the image would move off to the right sometimes. But I loved every minute!

ketko

Post by ketko »

My first flight was VIE to NRT via SVO... With ANA (codeshare with Aeroflot)... I dont know if I was scared or not and the A/C cause i was less than 1 year old:)))))))))It was in 1991... Now Im 14...