CityJet to take over VLM and KLM LCY-AMS routes

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LJ

Re: CityJet to take over VLM and KLM London City routes

Post by LJ »

euroflyer wrote: (5) Just look like LH sits on the slots on the FRA-BRU route. With the summer timetable 08 they had 3 BRU-FRA departures between 17h35 and 19h10 from Monday to Friday. All three operated by rather small aircraft (146-300 or CRJ700 at 17h35, than 737-300 or -500 at 18h05 and than an A320 at 19h10). I guess they only keep all three flights to prevent those slots could be used by somebody else. It cannot make sense otherwise (and the 18h05 flight has been cancelled quite ofte, guess why!)
Just to clarify I reckon you mean FRA slots? Anyway I agree that LH uses an agrresive policy. I´m therefore suprised that they are currently losing out on the FRA-AMS route (seems like LH is reducing capacity each summer season) to KL.

In regards to VLM. I reckon they´ll use the airline for more destinations ex LCY. They now have the aircraft (although slots at LCY would be a problem)

Megaman

Re: CityJet to take over VLM and KLM LCY-AMS routes

Post by Megaman »

Something I wonder is why they keep the VLM brand. Any ideas?

eat-ke

Re: CityJet to take over VLM and KLM LCY-AMS routes

Post by eat-ke »

VLM is well known in the 'buisiness' industry and received many awards for best airlines etc during the last years...
Air Shit - The world first airline full of crap!
Daily aviation posts-humor-videos-films-games-crashes...