Paris air show: Orders for Boeing

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

PYX

Post by PYX »

Ozzie1969 wrote:I flew Amsterdam to Paris CDG in March on an Air France Boeing 737, and I'm surprised that plane was still considered suitable for transporting paying customers. Absolutely dreadful! I've never known such cramped conditions inside an airplane. I wasn't surprised when I read Air France decided to take them out of their fleet.
It is the airline who decides how many seats and how they are arranged, so Air France has no one to blame but themselves for not updating and maintaining their aircraft.

earthman

Post by earthman »

That's the same Air France which flies sardine can 777-300's to some overseas territories (472 pax in 3-class config!).

PYX

Post by PYX »

earthman wrote:That's the same Air France which flies sardine can 777-300's to some overseas territories (472 pax in 3-class config!).
Good Gawd! Boeing's "typical" 3 class configuration calls for 368 passengers.

smokejumper

Post by smokejumper »

PYX wrote:
earthman wrote:That's the same Air France which flies sardine can 777-300's to some overseas territories (472 pax in 3-class config!).
Good Gawd! Boeing's "typical" 3 class configuration calls for 368 passengers.
Perhaps Air France is trying to attract passengers who are less than 4 feet (122 cm) tall. Shorter people do not need so much leg room!

earthman

Post by earthman »

Here is the layout for those planes. 3-class actually means business/economy plus/economy in this case, no first class.

They use it on flights to the caribbean and indian ocean overseas territories.

chunk

Post by chunk »

PYX wrote:
Ozzie1969 wrote:I flew Amsterdam to Paris CDG in March on an Air France Boeing 737, and I'm surprised that plane was still considered suitable for transporting paying customers. Absolutely dreadful! I've never known such cramped conditions inside an airplane. I wasn't surprised when I read Air France decided to take them out of their fleet.
It is the airline who decides how many seats and how they are arranged, so Air France has no one to blame but themselves for not updating and maintaining their aircraft.
These AF 737's are pretty old so it was time for them to go. I just wish they would do the same with the Fokkers of Regional - now they are ancient. Luckily for the summer at least it looks like the E90 is on the ABZ route so should get a go on that SUnday.

I harboured some sort of hope that AF would dictate KL to take narrowbody Airbuses but it seems not but hopefully the 73G will improve on the old 733's running. If they have a Transavia layout then it doesn't sound like it though.