The one and only topic on which runway in use @EBBR

Share pictures, log-reports, special aircraft, nice events, hints and tips from the Belgian airports

Moderator: Plane spotting team

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

I heard on the ATIS that two taxiways are closed at BRU (29/04 - 02/05 , ....)

One is Alpha 6 (A6) to enter the Brucargo ramp (Apron 9)
but the other , is it November 6 (N6) or something like that??
Can't understand it so clear.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards: Yannick ;)

TWR

Post by TWR »

A6, N2, inner6, K,L,M: closed.

W3 temporarily restricted to max wingspan 36m.

Bruspotter

Post by Bruspotter »

Hello

Thanks a lot for the very detailed info.

It's clear to me now.

Sounds like they're working again at the airport?

Best regards: Yannick ;)

fokker_f27

Post by fokker_f27 »

And today? I want to see HBA land. :)
The most sexy girl in the sky: The Sud-Est Caravelle 12.

Jense

Post by Jense »

RWY 02 for arrivals
RWY 07R, RWY 02 and RWY 07L for departures

icr5

Post by icr5 »

Hi guys,

I see airplanes over my head going for landing. I'm in the office area in Aaventem/Diegem. Which runway they are using now and why?

Stella_Caeli

Post by Stella_Caeli »

icr5 wrote:Hi guys,

I see airplanes over my head going for landing. I'm in the office area in Aaventem/Diegem. Which runway they are using now and why?
At the time of your post they were using 07R for landings and 07L for takeoffs.

I indeed also saw them landing over the railway Brussels - Leuven, they were coming from Brussels center.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

pietroman

Post by pietroman »

I'm not totally sure, but I think they are landing on RWY 02 when they land over Diegem.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

pietroman wrote:

I'm not totally sure, but I think they are landing on RWY 02 when they land over Diegem.
When landing over Diegem they are landing on 07R or 07L. That particular day 07R was used for landings.

Kind regards

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

From 31 July to 31 August 2006 runway 07R/25L will be closed. Moreover, during stage 2 of the works, runway 02/20 will also be closed.

This summer BIAC and Belgocontrol will renovate part of the airport infrastructure. Work will be carried out on taxiways and runways, lighting and cabling, as well as its ILS landing system.

The planned renovation and maintenance works are vital to the safety of air traffic and have to be carried out at regular intervals. Similar works were carried out in the summers of 1996, 1999, 2004 and 2005.

During certain stages of these works, which have started some time ago, one or more runways will be temporarily closed to traffic. As a result the choice of arrival and departure routes will not always correspond with the blueprint of the "dispersion plan".
From 31 July to 31 August 2006 runway 07R/25L will be closed. Moreover, during stage 2 of the works, runway 02/20 will also be closed.

Note: because of weather conditions and other unexpected factors certain stages may begin or end before or after the planned date. The scheduled periods are only added to give you an idea of how long each stage will take. They are merely informative and offer no guarantee that a certain stage will not commence / end at an earlier or later date.

The airport news section on the home page gives a daily update of the work's progress.

The number of flights to and from the airport will not be affected by the works, but because of the altered runway use they will be dispersed differently during a couple of weeks. During the execution period it may happen that an unusual number of aircraft overfly your area, depending on the day and the weather conditions, or that during one or more days not a single aircraft will use the airspace above your residence.

This is a temporary situation. As soon as the works reach a stage where it is no longer necessary to close (part of) a runway, the airport will return to the normal flight route planning. So as to minimise the impact on the local residents and passengers the works are carried out in the summer. Weather conditions are the most favourable in this season and allow for most of the work to be carried out in daylight conditions. For the same reason the contractors work night and day, including on Saturdays and Sundays.

The duration of the works can to a large extent be estimated in advance, but is subject to the weather conditions and other factors. Sunny weather is to everyone's advantage. Deviations from the dispersion plan may, depending on the work's progress, be expected until the end of August 2006.

The planned works will by no means compromise air traffic safety.

We thank you for your understanding.

Source : BIAC
Best regards,

Airbuske

xeno

Post by xeno »

airbuske wrote:From 31 July to 31 August 2006 runway 07R/25L will be closed. Moreover, during stage 2 of the works, runway 02/20 will also be closed.
For more details: http://www.belgocontrol.be/common/pages ... -en-GB.pdf

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Goodmorning,
Can anybody let me know which runways they are using today ?
Not 25L as I live underneath the approach.
I presume 02 or will they be using 07R more often ?
Thanks for info
Greetz, Karl

alfazulu

Post by alfazulu »

hi,

11.45lt
02 for landing
07R for take off

grt,

ILS25L

Post by ILS25L »

Goodevening,
Which made me not happy. A scheduled BBQ, long holds for 02 and some delays.
Missed Lithuanian, Bulgari and the TTH-flight.
Frustrating...
Greetz, Karl

Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Actually,

Arrival on rwy 07R,
Departure on rwy 07L.

Thibault

xeno

Post by xeno »

Birdy wrote:Hello,

Actually,

Arrival on rwy 07R,
Departure on rwy 07L.

Thibault
Indeed, and I find it very surprising that the use of 07R for arrivals is occuring more and more these days. Untill 2006, this was very very rare but in the last copple of weeks it happend several times!

New restrictions in the famous "dispersion plan"? Any ideas?

SAB-OM

Post by SAB-OM »

The direction in which ACFT take off and land is determined by the surface wind (speed and direction) and the Preferential Runway System as published in the AIP.

main reason for usage of runway 07R for landing could be the wind component:

as you mentioned in another post the wind was apparently 070 degrees 8 knots which is perfect headwind for landing (technically)
furthermore, the tailwind component for 25's was more than 7 knots - so 25's could not be used

other possible (extra) reason was that the GS (glideslope) of rwy 02 was U/S
this means that no precision approaches (ILS) could be performed on 02
and possibly even closed for maintenance on the GS system

pure technically speaking 07 would be the best choice

for 07R a non-precision approach is published (VOR-DME)
the interception altitude is the same as when 25L/R are in use: 2000ft

07R can only be used when traffic situation permits - due to the non-precision approach the distance between landings is longer than with an ILS approach
and 07R does not have high speed exit taxiways, so vacating the runway could take a bit longer

Rroelen

Runway in use 30/07/2006

Post by Rroelen »

Does anyone know which runway is in use today.
I'm planning a familywalk around the airport. It's situated at the 25R and 25L area. Would be a shame to drive 50 km and see no airplanes...

Is this info (runway in use) available on the internet (METAR I can see, but it's no direct information about the runways...)

Thanks.

Robin_Bamps

Post by Robin_Bamps »

Hi Rroelen,

Currently it's rwy 25R for arrivals and rwy 20 for departures.

Expect change to rwy 25L in the (late) afternoon.

Regards, Robin Bamps.

Avro

Post by Avro »

You can also call the BRU ATIS to receive the info you want. THe number is 02 206 25 25

Chris

PS: I'll close your other topic since you asked the same question twice.